Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2017, 07:13   #331
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

2 days ago I did the hypothecation removal procedure myself at Indiranagar RTO in Bangalore, didn't go thru an agent.

Only one visit was needed, the whole thing took max 30 minutes. Indeed, I was back at my office desk within 90 minutes (I had gone in my lunch hour).

Charges: Rs 200 HP-removal fee (+ Rs 30 for the *reinforced* self-addressed-stamped-envelope that is best bought there at the RTO itself rather than you getting your own from home)

Question:
I hear that once they finish it, they will send back the *same* smart card by Speedpost. Is there a way to look up some RTO-related website and verify that hypothecation has indeed been removed in the records?
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 07:22   #332
Senior - BHPian

They are likely to either give you back a paper RC, or if they give you back your RC, they will include a printout from their records showing removal. Depends on which RTO and their local practice

Edit - as you're in Blr, the bangalore one centres do provide this printout if the rto didn't give you. https://www.bangaloreone.gov.in/public/rto-info.aspx

Last edited by hserus : 1st March 2017 at 07:25.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 13:53   #333
BHPian

Can I remove hypothecation and change address in the same visit?

I got the NOC from bank in December. How long is it valid?
Old 16th March 2017, 00:58   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Can I remove hypothecation and change address in the same visit?

I got the NOC from bank in December. How long is it valid?
I would be going probably coming Friday to KR Puram RTO to get the job done. The loan was from SBI and was told to submit the documents within 30 days of being issued.

MaSh
Old 16th March 2017, 18:10   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I hear that once they finish it, they will send back the *same* smart card by Speedpost. Is there a way to look up some RTO-related website and verify that hypothecation has indeed been removed in the records?
You need to get the 'B-Extract' (latest RC details) either from the Indiranagar RTO by paying a fee of Rs.10 or as suggested by hserus, from Bangalore One centres too by paying Rs.18.

Last edited by dailydriver : 16th March 2017 at 18:13.
Old 17th March 2017, 12:27   #336
BHPian

Went through the hypothecation removal procedure today at Indiranagar RTO in Bangalore. Took me about 30 mins.

Looks like small changes from the past experiences shared.

1. Some of them had mentioned different counters in Room #13 for verification and submission. For me both were done at Room 13 Counter 7.
2. No need for photos or DL copy.
3. My Insurance is expiring this month end. The officer at the counter made an exception. He did mention that usually they expect it to be valid for at least a month from the date of submitting to RTO.
4. No need of any file. Need to pin all papers ( including the return envelope and RC in cover). Post payment of fee(200rs), even the receipt needs to be pinned at the front of the paper stack. Pins available in plenty at the counters :P

Officer mentioned 30 working days for the RC to be delivered home.

Charges: Rs 200 HP-removal fee ( Rs 30 for the green self-addressed-stamped-envelope that can be bought at the RTO complex itself. 2 Rs for the transparent envelope for the RC.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-img_6414.jpg  

yo_shiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 14:01   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_shiva View Post
Charges: Rs 200 HP-removal fee ( Rs 30 for the green self-addressed-stamped-envelope that can be bought at the RTO complex itself. 2 Rs for the transparent envelope for the RC.
That standard green cloth backed envelope is maybe 3 rupees. Another 17 rupees of stamps. And a small ziploc is under 50 paise. Save yourself ten bucks and have a coffee, bring these to the RTO yourself
Old 17th March 2017, 16:37   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That standard green cloth backed envelope is maybe 3 rupees. Another 17 rupees of stamps. And a small ziploc is under 50 paise. Save yourself ten bucks and have a coffee, bring these to the RTO yourself
Ha ha ha! I agree. This info is for people who don't have time to prepare all this or not sure exactly what's needed.
Old 17th March 2017, 19:18   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That standard green cloth backed envelope is...
I have given this adequately stamped, self addressed envelope to the RTO thrice - while applying for Driving Licence, registering my car and during hypothecation removal.

All the three times, the impatient me went to the RTO and collected the smart cards personally. Wonder what heaven my dear envelopes are in now .

Last edited by dailydriver : 17th March 2017 at 19:35.
Old 27th March 2017, 19:17   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I have given this adequately stamped, self addressed envelope to the RTO thrice - while applying for Driving Licence, registering my car and during hypothecation removal.

All the three times, the impatient me went to the RTO and collected the smart cards personally. Wonder what heaven my dear envelopes are in now .
Mine came today by Speed Post in the SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope). So the system does indeed work! It took me exactly 28 calendar days.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 14:03   #341
BHPian

Had a mildly satisfying experience at Yeshwantpur RTO (KA-04) today. Had to go through 3 counters. Though the processing time at each counter was small, had to wait for the officer's sign for about 40 mins since she was nowhere to be found.
Once she appeared, it took about 10 mins to get the documents verified/signed, pay Rs.200 at the cash counter, and submit everything at the 'Inward' counter. Paid Rs.30 for the 'SASE' and Rs.5 for the 'RTO-standard brown file' to keep all the documents, something I do not see mentioned in this thread . I had taken the documents in a plastic folder and was promptly rejected, and was told to bring the paper file.
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:05   #342
BHPian

I finished my car loan and when i checked RC card, i don't see "Hypothicated to" mentioned anywhere (Car is registered in Bangalore - KA 01). Is it the same for you all?
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:09   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
I finished my car loan and when i checked RC card, i don't see "Hypothicated to" mentioned anywhere (Car is registered in Bangalore - KA 01). Is it the same for you all?
It will be in the RTO record / in the "B extract" summary of your RC you can get from the RTO, or from any bangalore one centre. Once cancelled by the RTO after you show paperwork of loan closure, that too will be in the B extract.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:58   #344
BHPian

I completed the hypothecation removal procedure today at Indira Nagar RTO Bangalore. Since this was my 2nd HP cancellation in 1 year, I knew the process & I was in & out in 20 mins.
For hassle free process, carry the following:
1. Form No 35 (2 sets given by Bank)
2. NoC from Bank (Original)
3. Insurance Certificate (Copy)
4. Emission Certificate (Copy)
5. RC Book/Smart Card (Original)
6. Challan of Fee paid (2 sets)

You will need the following stationary:
1. Brown paper file (comes with thread & pin), cost = Rs 8
2. Self-Addressed Envelope Green color with cloth mesh inside, cost = Rs 10
3. Stamps (Available at local post office) cost = Rs 17
4. Transparent plastic pouch (sealed type) Cost = Rs 2

You can keep the papers in the following sequence inside the Brown Paper file
1. Challan of Fee paid (you will get this after the clerk has evaluated the papers 2-7 and given his approval)
2. RC Book/Smart card inside the transparent plastic pouch
3. Green Self Addressed Envelope (mention your address & contact number)
4. Form No 35 (2) Ensure you/owner of vehicle has signed the documents
5. NoC from Bank
6. Insurance Certificate (Should be valid)
7. Emission Certificate

You will be given a acknowledgement paper slip in return, which can be used till you get back (Within 30 working days, not calendar days) your RC Book/Smart card.
lavish_n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 14:38   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
I completed the hypothecation removal procedure today at Indira Nagar RTO Bangalore. Since this was my 2nd HP cancellation in 1 year, I knew the process & I was in & out in 20 mins.
Only RTO office in Bangalore which I have visited in the past 10 years,at least once in two years, for various works.
Few observations,
1.Its a maze in second floor of the BDA complex. With closed exits and hidden entrances. That's all negative about it.
2.Employees are curt but not impolite, they don't look down if our proficiency in local language is limited.
3.Most procedures and documents required are written legibly in front of the counters.
4.If documents are in order and we are inside the office in first half of the day(before 1230 pm) most procedures take 30 minutes to one hour max.
5.If we are going for a legitimate work with papers in order absolutely no greasing of the palms required.
OFF topic : Another place where i felt government services are improving is in Passport office at Marathahalli(though most of process in done by TCS).

Most Viewed