Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2010, 00:12   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Is it a private vehicle or commercial vehicle? In my understanding, fitness certificate is needed only for commercial/transport vehicles (yellow board).
Its a private vehicle. The only yellow in it is the Live to Drive mark !
Old 24th July 2010, 07:09   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smats View Post
Its a private vehicle.
KA RTO info below. Source.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-fitness.jpg  

Last edited by sbraj : 24th July 2010 at 07:10.
Old 24th July 2010, 12:47   #78
BHPian

8 seaters are semi commercial vehicles

As per a new notification, all personal vehicles that are 8 seaters or more will need a fitness certificate too. This applies to Delhi/NCR.

Another interesting fact is that all NEW vehicles that have a 8 seater configuration are being given fitness certificate for only 2 years unlike earlier when it was issued for 15 years.

Can anyone who have bought a new 8 seater Scorpio/Innova confirm this?
Old 24th July 2010, 14:15   #79
BHPian

RTO hypothecation removal

I recently removed the hypothecation entry on my Alto's RC. I had to submit original RC book,two copies of form 35 duly signed by me and the financier, NOC on financier's letterhead and a self affidavit stating I am the owner of the said vehicle and have cleared the loan and I will be responsible if the statement is found to be wrong. There was a Rs 100 fee for this to be deposited at the RTO. Though affidavit is no where mentioned on the list of documents required, still In Punjab RTO's want affidavit for everything. I got the RC book with the endorsement that Hypothecation has been cancelled.

Last edited by rock75 : 24th July 2010 at 14:16.
Old 28th July 2010, 00:19   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
RTO hypothecation removal

I recently removed the hypothecation entry on my Alto's RC. I had to submit original RC book,two copies of form 35 duly signed by me and the financier, NOC on financier's letterhead and a self affidavit stating I am the owner of the said vehicle and have cleared the loan and I will be responsible if the statement is found to be wrong. There was a Rs 100 fee for this to be deposited at the RTO. Though affidavit is no where mentioned on the list of documents required, still In Punjab RTO's want affidavit for everything. I got the RC book with the endorsement that Hypothecation has been cancelled.
Thanks Rock75,
My Alto loan is ending next month. Will have to get my car out of hypothecation too. This will make the process simple.
Do you know if the procedure is same or is there any diff between chd and panchkula RTO?
Also you write 'RC book', I am only aware of the photo RC card in both Chandigarh and Panchkula.
Old 9th November 2010, 21:05   #81
BHPian

Hypothcation cancellation Koramngala RTO

For cancelling the hypothecation I submitted my RC book, bank letter alongwith two copies of Form 35, PUC photocopy & Insurance photocopy at Koramangala RTO (Room#11) today. I had to pay a fee of Rs 100/- and also provide a self addressed stamped envelope of Rs25/- ( paid Rs30/- for the same at Shop#35). Got the documents checked & signed inside before submitting the documents at the helpdesk which is just outside this room.

It took me about half an hour including getting the envelope. The helpdesk provided an acknowledgement & on enquiring I was told that they would post the RC book within 10 days.

BTW my company RTO agent had asked for Rs1000/- including a Smart Card costing Rs200/-.

Much simpler than I thought. Should thank Technocrat for providing the information.
Old 17th November 2010, 15:35   #82
BHPian

Hypothecation cancellation

I got my RC book from Koramangala RTO by post yesterday, the RTO office is definitely not as bad as the public perception is. All i had to spend was Rs130/- and half an hour.
Old 2nd December 2010, 08:54   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang View Post
a self addressed stamped envelope
Does this address need to match the one on the RC Book?

I would prefer giving my office address instead of house address.
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:09   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Does this address need to match the one on the RC Book?

I would prefer giving my office address instead of house address.
I think some members here got the delivery at office address. I was told by folks in KA03, KA02 RTOs that the address on RC has to match the address on envelope.

BTW, I don't think you can retain the RC book. They would force you to convert the RC book to smart card. In KA03 RTO, this is mandatory during address change or HPT.

Last edited by sbraj : 2nd December 2010 at 10:11.
Old 2nd December 2010, 18:32   #85
BANNED

Indiranagar, RTO Bangalore (East)

My experience today at Indiranagar RTO, Bangalore (East):

Cancel Bank Hypothecation.

Documents Required:
1. Original RC Book
2. Bank NOC (addressed to the RTO)
3. 2 copies of Form 35 (Again from the Bank)
4. Copy of the Insurance Papers (atleast have 1 month validity)
5. Copy of PUC
6. Rs 12 stamped envelope (Self Addressed)
7. A folder to keep everything in (They dont insist on this but good to have)

I reached the office at 1030 hours.
  • On reaching the complex head towards the LHS Section of the buidling - 3rd floor.
  • First goto Room No 8 (marked out clearly), here goto Counter No 9: Here you will find a gentleman with a lady sitting next to him. Handover all the documents to him. He will check all of them. Sign them as verified.
  • Move to counter No 6: Here a lady will take your papers and enter the details into the computer. Takes about 5 mins. She will then ask you to proceed to Room No 1 to pay the required fees.
  • Room No 1 is at the other end of this complex on the same floor. Walk all the way to the other end of the building around the Verandah. You will see only till Room No 2 and then the May I Help You, go towards the right its the last room.Here there are three cash counter (Cash accepted between 1000 to 1230 hours).
  • Handover the papers, they check the stamp from the computer data entry counter and proceed to print the bill.
    Hypothecation cancellation Rs 100
    Smart Card RC Rs 200
    Total: Rs 300 (Since I didnt have this, I had to pay for this)
  • Take the receipts and go back to Room No 8. Again to counter No 9. The same gentleman will check the receipts and acknowledge. Hand the papers over to the lady next to him. She will then write an acknowledgement slip with the vehicle number and owners name.
  • We are done.
Some Pointers:
  • Take copies of all the papers before you submit.
  • Agents will try to ask questions looking at the sheets you are carrying. Smile and say thank you. They wont bother you if they understand you have come prepared.
  • The place is a bit crowded and lot of people are generally running around since they dont have all the docs (Agents strike here).
  • There is a small store below on the RHS, which quite proudly says CONSULTANT. He stocks pre-stamped envelops (Rs 12) and sells them for Rs 20 (fair). Run by some teenagers and they are glad to help, talk english well.
I took 30 mins approx.

Overall a good experience. 5 years back when I had been here to change the ownership of my RD350, things were horrible.

One bad experience. The lady that sits at the "May I Help You Counter", does not understand any other language then Kannada (nothing against the language, its just an oppurtunity for agents). She does not understand written Kannada too well. Her only job is to handover forms. She turned away a guy and asked him to buy some form from the shops below. Even though she had the forms. I guess well.. not everything changed.

To all those worried to go to the RTO in Bangalore. Please dont its a breeze. Just go prepared.

Quote:
the address on RC has to match the address on envelope
That's exactly what I was told at the Indiranagar RTO Office. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Spitfire : 2nd December 2010 at 18:33.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2010, 23:16   #86
BHPian

Good article and thread...In Chennai context, I had been taking the easy way out by handing over the papers to a driving school manager, who had done the "needful" and gave me back after completion
Old 27th January 2011, 15:27   #87
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
I think some members here got the delivery at office address. I was told by folks in KA03, KA02 RTOs that the address on RC has to match the address on envelope.

BTW, I don't think you can retain the RC book. They would force you to convert the RC book to smart card. In KA03 RTO, this is mandatory during address change or HPT.
Is it the same case with KA 51 vehicles? I wanted to receive the RC Book on my new address.Will that be a concern?
Old 14th February 2011, 16:13   #88

Nice article Technocrat... I wish I had read it before I struggled in the corridors of RTO!

Can you please tell me how o get registration of my car changed. My car is registered at Mumbai but I have shifted to Delhi. I want to change the registration to Delhi (so that selling her at a later stage becomes easier).
Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:02   #89

Guys, I missed the 60 day hypothecation removal deadline by 2 days :(
What can I do now? Is there an exception process?? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:47   #90
BHPian

Guys, I misplaced the NOC from the bank along with the Form 35 plus all the other photocopies that were required. Is there anything to worry about? Do I need to get a FIR done? And I assume I can get a new copy from the bank.
I had the with me two days back. Hope I find them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks