Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 16:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hehehehehe gave the same excuse to me also. Never mind! I don't think you should waste any more time with him.
no i'm not wasteing my time with him. i'm going tom to see a ferrari 345gt 70's or 80's model. dont know how true it is but i shall go none the less. found a fiat x19 also in delhi so will follow up with that too.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

There are no 345's, you are most probably going to see the 308/328/348 models. But I don't think there is a 308 here, there are a few 328 & 348's though. Which colour is this car?
Old 10th August 2007, 16:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are no 345's, you are most probably going to see the 308/328/348 models. But I don't think there is a 308 here, there are a few 328 & 348's though. Which colour is this car?
no not any of the models mentioned by you. it looks like the rover montero. had pictures of the car but since i had a virus on my comp all my pictures are lost. it stands in a hotel in delhi and i had seen it earlier that time it was not for sale, this person told me it is for sale so just going to confirm if the car is still there. the car is in red.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

here ishaan is the pics of the model sorry it is not a 345 like a mentioned but a 400.

Old 10th August 2007, 17:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

This was aongst the worst cars ever made by Ferrari, a complete failure! It's standing at Hotel Ambassador, next to Khan Market and belongs to a mechanic who got it as a gift from an Italian guy.

The car is in terrible condition & doesn't run at all, she crawls at best! Story goes that the engine was rebuilt here in the mech's garage & he broke two aluminum pistons of the car (one by mistake, another in anger by smashing it!) and then subsituted them with local pistons.

Also the guy will ask you for ridiculous prices and tell you as if it's the best Ferrari ever made!
Old 10th August 2007, 17:30   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a 400N in Delhi. Dont have any details on it though. I assume you speak of the same car?

EDIT - Yup, Ishan, thats what I heard about the car as well. Cant confirm it, so was hesitant to post.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 10th August 2007 at 17:32.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:35   #67
Senior - BHPian

yes karlos this is the same car standing at some hotel.

Quote:
This was aongst the worst cars ever made by Ferrari, a complete failure! It's standing at Hotel Ambassador, next to Khan Market and belongs to a mechanic who got it as a gift from an Italian guy.

The car is in terrible condition & doesn't run at all, she crawls at best! Story goes that the engine was rebuilt here in the mech's garage & he broke two aluminum pistons of the car (one by mistake, another in anger by smashing it!) and then subsituted them with local pistons.

Also the guy will ask you for ridiculous prices and tell you as if it's the best Ferrari ever made!
yes i believe so too. but there is no harm done in haveing a look at the car and if the mechanics head in on his shoulder i could have a go at the car. a ferrari to display in the garage wont look bad right.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2007 at 02:31. Reason: posts merged. you can edit posts for a limited time.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Yes Karl, that's it! I believe this is the only 400 in the country & needless to say that years of abuse & non-movement means that she needs a LOT of work! I wouldn't touch it with a 20ft pole since she's a worthless model anyway.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:59   #69
Senior - BHPian

ishan i would definately put my hands in it. now you see why it interests me. rare car on in india i presume cant be sure if someone has it hidden by collectors. the work on the car does not scare me but the prices the owners claim does.
Old 11th August 2007, 17:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
some of the owners detroy the cars saying we have a sentimental bond with the car. and it is later sent to the scrapper. i think we should keep people to inform us at the scrapper. we should ask VCCCI to keep a record of the cars city wise and if cars are to be sold they should be informed. what say you?
How do you think I get info on my cars?

Quote:
the guy called last night ishaan. said the car owner was not in town so would have to reschedule. i told him i got myself a car and i would be travelling. guess which car i told him. the ferrari scuderia and he believed me.
Im sure he does'nt know how to spell Ferrari

And guys Kuch Toh Sharam Karo, this is a Merc thread.... Lage pade ho apni Ferrariyan Le kar!!
Old 11th August 2007, 23:33   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
And guys Kuch Toh Sharam Karo, this is a Merc thread.... Lage pade ho apni Ferrariyan Le kar!!
Then put up some updates on your car/s!
Old 11th August 2007, 23:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Did someone say Ferrari? Are we hijacking this thread?

Gogi more updates on the Merc please
Old 12th August 2007, 01:25   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Then put up some updates on your car/s!
Sorry Karl and Dippy for being lazy. Had misplaced the transfer-to-the-laptop-chord thingy. HAve found it since and have taken some pics too of both the fiat and the Merc. Coming along fine. The Merc tinwork is finished so was waiting to give you all pics at one time.
Maybe tomorrow or latest by the day after I promise.
Old 12th August 2007, 17:26   #74
Senior - BHPian

sorry guys for reaching the ferrari's from the mercedes. hers is a picture to make it upto you'll.
merc 230c 78 model

guys this is not mine but mine has wheel caps and i have three sets of wheels for it.
Old 12th August 2007, 20:07   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
guys this is not mine but mine has wheel caps and i have three sets of wheels for it.
I see...making a trailer project out of it?

I remember seeing pics of a similar aquamarine Blue car in Delhi, though I remember it being Bombay registered. Is that yours?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks