Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2007, 01:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

bhai we got pics of a convertible mercedes that would interest you. ishan would post it i hope. do let me know if it is a chopped body or an original. the car has alot of work. it is like mallya's convertible. white one 200 or 220 s. straight lights.
Old 19th August 2007, 01:21   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
bhai we got pics of a convertible mercedes that would interest you. ishan would post it i hope. do let me know if it is a chopped body or an original. the car has alot of work. it is like mallya's convertible. white one 200 or 220 s. straight lights.
Mallaya has a W111 220 SEB i.e. a heckflosse convertible. six cylinder. Please pm me details. im getting impatient
Old 19th August 2007, 01:30   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Mallaya has a W111 220 SEB i.e. a heckflosse convertible. six cylinder. Please pm me details. im getting impatient
bhai it looked like a 60's model am not too good with the series but it looked the same as mallya's seen that car up close and personal. ishan has the pictures told him to show it to you as i have no interest in the car. took him to my guy here where there were lots of cars. i dont know if it is original convertible or a chopped top i think its a chopped job but you would know better. i have five cars that i want to pick up from there. so the mercedes has no place in the list. we also saw a few willy's jeeps
Old 19th August 2007, 01:32   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
bhai it looked like a 60's model am not too good with the series but it looked the same as mallya's seen that car up close and personal. ishan has the pictures told him to show it to you as i have no interest in the car. took him to my guy here where there were lots of cars. i dont know if it is original convertible or a chopped top i think its a chopped job but you would know better. i have five cars that i want to pick up from there. so the mercedes has no place in the list. we also saw a few willy's jeeps
also am on the lookout for a low bonnet willy's or ford. Please keep in mind when you go hunting bro. Was nice talking to you yesterday
Old 19th August 2007, 01:39   #95
Senior - BHPian

same here bhai felt at home talking to you after ages. there are two low bonnets. already had you in mind. the person was out of town so will talk to him on monday. i am picking up five cars from him and the low bonnet and the mercedes if you think its original and you like it and are up for one more restoration job then the total would be seven cars from him
Old 19th August 2007, 23:57   #96
BHPian

Hi V 16 ,

Seems we are renovating similar cars . My Mercedes is at the same stage of restoration as yours and I have also started work on a low bonnet Willys. Also taking delivery of a Plymouth Special Deluxe later tonight ( it's on a truck now ) sourced from a Police auction at Kanpur . By the way this is the second car I have sourced from a police auction the last was a Studebaker involved in a Narcotic case and acquired 6 months back.
Old 20th August 2007, 01:17   #97
Senior - BHPian

Pray tell me how does one go about procuring cars from a police auction??
Old 20th August 2007, 01:26   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Hi V 16 ,

Also taking delivery of a Plymouth Special Deluxe later tonight ( it's on a truck now ) sourced from a Police auction at Kanpur . By the way this is the second car I have sourced from a police auction the last was a Studebaker involved in a Narcotic case and acquired 6 months back.
Man its quiet rare to hear that you get such cars from Police auctions and that too in the year 2007, lucky you.Whats the condition of the cars when u laid ur hands on them ???
Old 20th August 2007, 02:07   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Hi V 16 ,

Seems we are renovating similar cars . My Mercedes is at the same stage of restoration as yours and I have also started work on a low bonnet Willys. Also taking delivery of a Plymouth Special Deluxe later tonight ( it's on a truck now ) sourced from a Police auction at Kanpur . By the way this is the second car I have sourced from a police auction the last was a Studebaker involved in a Narcotic case and acquired 6 months back.
wow lucky you. i would like to know too how does one go about knowing which cars are there and how could one precure the car from these auctions. i'm sure the cars would have been in bad shape and alot of work involved. great going.
Old 22nd August 2007, 19:19   #100
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

Folks - the discussion seems to have moved towards scouting relics in UP. Have moved the relevant posts to a new thread

Let's focus on enjoying Gogi's project progress
Old 22nd August 2007, 19:29   #101
Senior - BHPian

. thank you for creating a new thread for the cars in U.P.
Old 23rd August 2007, 04:53   #102
Senior - BHPian

Gogi Bhai, this is the car in question:

Old 23rd August 2007, 11:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

the Belair looks good too..which is the black car besides the golden dodge kings way/plymouth
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:26   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
the Belair looks good too..which is the black car besides the golden dodge kings way/plymouth
thats a chrysler i hope i got the spellings right. if you see the first picture the car with the poles around it is a cadillac limosine 1936
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:45   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
The Belair looks good too..which is the black car besides the golden dodge kings way/plymouth
That's a Chrysler New Yorker. More pics in this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...-india-18.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks