Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!! That's a lotta work!!! Steer, why dont u name the ond thread Landmaster Project Part-0 or better -1!! And this one should be stage 1!!!

On a more serious note, i really hope that everything turns out well for the car this time, and i dunno why i've got this feeling that says it will! The only difficult part is undoing all the damage that is already done on it!!!

How about another Landy meet sometime in november?? A certain other landy should also be ready by then!!
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
On a more serious note, i really hope that everything turns out well for the car this time, and i dunno why i've got this feeling that says it will! The only difficult part is undoing all the damage that is already done on it!!!
Work is progressing pretty fast, old man says he should be able to deliver before Onam except for the brasswork on which the brass/bronze factory will only start work AFTER their Onam rush.

They have remounted the engine today, work on the rear axle and diff should be completed tomorrow. P/S and Disc brakes he hopes will be on the vehicle by Friday or Saturday.
Old 3rd September 2008, 22:23   #63
BHPian

That is a major progress, whoever this old man is if he keeps his words we will have to give him an award for doing so, keeping the word that is ,which is totally unheard here in Mallu land.
Old 4th September 2008, 02:14   #64
BHPian

hmmm so a certain Saami will be celebrating onam wearing a mundu and driving a Land around town next week is it? just an assumption, might be true!
Old 4th September 2008, 02:33   #65
Senior - BHPian

Ashvin if there is an Onam plan brewing, keep me informed!
Old 4th September 2008, 04:42   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ashvin if there is an Onam plan brewing, keep me informed!
Is 'brewing' the operative word here? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Steer, here is hoping you are second time lucky and wishing that this Onam be special for you.
Old 4th September 2008, 11:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
That is a major progress, whoever this old man is if he keeps his words we will have to give him an award for doing so, keeping the word that is ,which is totally unheard here in Mallu land.
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Try getting your work done in Bangalore and you will be filled with respect for the way people work here. You think things are bad in Kerala??????

HAHA! (Costly laugh - worth Rs.4.57 lakhs)
Old 4th September 2008, 13:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Steer, I cant believe your Landy work is still going on! Didn't read in intricate detail but you seem to be having a lot of trouble with finishing it off.

Mostly concerned because it's delaying the start of the ICE-ing.

Just kidding, hope it gets done soon. I can remember how impatient and frustrated you were with the whole process.
Old 4th September 2008, 18:06   #69
BHPian

B & T just reminded us about the ICE Setup Steer was considering a while back , did you bother looking for that Panasonic Valve amp based HU ?

Mera Meter Abhi Bhi Chaalu hai, it's crossed the magical 3.25 Lakh Rupee Mark and still going strong, currently bankrupt desperately need a set of wheels, new upholstery, an engine transplant and some Wierd and wacky mod jobs if you guys permit.

But I think if Steer's landy was done here all the work would have been done here including the A/C , Power Steering and Disc Brakes. Which is i belive not included in that 4.57 Lakh.

Last edited by muneemmk : 4th September 2008 at 18:12.
Old 4th September 2008, 19:49   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Is 'brewing' the operative word here? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Of course! But brewing business only after the actual drive is over!
Old 4th September 2008, 20:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
But I think if Steer's landy was done here all the work would have been done here including the A/C , Power Steering and Disc Brakes. Which is i belive not included in that 4.57 Lakh.
Also a running engine and drivetrain which was also not included in the 4.57 lakhs.

Costly, costly, costly mistake. Somebody gonna get hurt.
Old 4th September 2008, 22:32   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Try getting your work done in Bangalore and you will be filled with respect for the way people work here. You think things are bad in Kerala??????

HAHA! (Costly laugh - worth Rs.4.57 lakhs)
I feel this statement is gross and should be avoided, You cant Misquote a city for an individuals mistake.

Not all places in Bangalore are like the one you liked for your Landy resto rather (Unrestoration)

You might not have seen or heard of better craftsmen like Gopal and Krishna around Bangalore, plus so many better mechanics around Bangalore.

I prefer not to quote much about your 4.57 lacs affair in Bangalore-Motorsmiths

Get over it and get going.
Nice to see the Landy getting its due respects there in Kerala, Would love the see the pics of the Good Old Mancheers:

-------------------------------------------
!!! You cant clap with single hand, its only a slap!!!

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 4th September 2008 at 22:35.
Old 4th September 2008, 23:03   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I feel this statement is gross and should be avoided, You cant Misquote a city for an individuals mistake.

Not all places in Bangalore are like the one you liked for your Landy resto rather (Unrestoration)

Nice to see the Landy getting its due respects there in Kerala, Would love the see the pics of the Good Old Mancheers:
Point taken, but I was merely referring to Munee's general comment on work done here in Kerala and it needs to be taken in that context.
Old 5th September 2008, 12:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

You might not have seen or heard of better craftsmen like Gopal and Krishna around Bangalore, plus so many better mechanics around Bangalore.

-------------------------------------------
!!! You cant clap with single hand, its only a slap!!!
You are correct Pavan it is not better to put the blame on one guy and keep yourself quite .

Steeroid it is better not to compare other good workers in Bangalore with some cheap guys who wants to make money and spoil name of other good workers and we should not blame a city or the state for such reasons.

There are some workers who do good work and do not get recognised like the one's mentioned by Pavan, we need to even put these guys who work very hard.
Old 5th September 2008, 12:42   #75
BHPian

People! take it easy. pretty much everyone who has been following this thread is aware of who is being referred to by the use of 'bangalore'. I dont think it is a generalization of the workmanship from the city at all. its just good natured ribbing in fact. why would you want to blow this out of proportions now?! Agreed that someone who might be reading this for the first time might get misled. but he would also understand theres a story behind this, and if he were to take the effort to look it up his confusion would surely be sorted out. but for someone who would read it and be misled without being aware of the bigger picture, well its their loss
Closed Thread

Most Viewed