Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 22:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - guess what, yesterday evening I finally found 2 nos of OH REE GEE NUL (as President likes to call it) Lucas TVS headlights in Nasik but as they are in the old american pattern, I can only fit 100/90 watts bulbs. I got OH REE GEE NUL bulbs also, alongwith OH REE GEE NUL holders. I had to pay a lot of money as these are very rare to get these days but what the hell, I just paid and got them, these are just not to be seen anymore. I also got 2 nos very OH REE GEE NUL front side light lenses in white colour also. So yesterday was a rewarding but financially ruining evening. These will go on MRF6466.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram, where in heaven's name do you manage to find all this stuff in nashik ? I'm desperately looking for oh-ree-ge-nal side indicators for my super select. Also looking for ASHA outer door handles, which have supposedly dried up in Mumbai. Jivanlal at opera house, being the last destination for door parts, has got ONLY ONE RIGHT HANDLE.... sob !
Coming to the car - boy, she looks tottal drool maal. Lovely paint job, waiting to see the side trims and white indicator lenses in place. One more joins the Dhabhar stables . Please post interior pics too.
Btw, why have you used super select rims ? Any particular reason, just curious.
Old 13th January 2009, 23:53   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Nice job;looks beautiful.
ot- what timings do these cars give? sorry, just inquisitive.
As in Quater mile times?? Umm..we have never tried!! Maybe this speed run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Are the headlight bulbs in the above photographs missing ??
Yes, these were just fitted so that we could get the car home looking complete and not attract any attention from the rozzers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Please post interior pics too.
Btw, why have you used super select rims ? Any particular reason, just curious.
The Delite came with Super Select rims as standard till 78 I think! The Console is not in yet. Shall put it in soon, otherwise, the interiors are in. And fabulous.
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2009, 00:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
As in Quater mile times?? Umm..we have never tried!! Maybe this speed run...
Forget facts and figures, the drift sessions in Fiats are more entertaining.

Quote:
The Delite came with Super Select rims as standard till 78 I think! The Console is not in yet. Shall put it in soon, otherwise, the interiors are in. And fabulous.
I guess you mean till 1968.
Old 14th January 2009, 00:28   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Forget facts and figures, the drift sessions in Fiats are more entertaining.

I guess you mean till 1968.
Ohh yes of course..Silly me!!
Old 14th January 2009, 18:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mr. Dhabhar,

Amazing work, looks like the car is just fresh from the factory, amazing piece of restoration work.

Quote:
Arre baba, they look the same as the rear bumper peeks out and looks te same and the wheels and wheel caps look the same and the color is quite similar.
Old 14th January 2009, 18:22   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Behram, where in heaven's name do you manage to find all this stuff in nashik ? I'm desperately looking for oh-ree-ge-nal side indicators for my super select. Also looking for ASHA outer door handles, which have supposedly dried up in Mumbai. Jivanlal at opera house, being the last destination for door parts, has got ONLY ONE RIGHT HANDLE.... sob !
Ravi I've got (unfortunately) just one side-indicator, curiously with a GREEN lens! And the base is all rusty but still useable.

Also do you want only the aluminium (I doubt if they were available in the ASHA brand) or stainless steel/chrome bhi chaltha? I have a brand new set of the latter with me, originally bought for my select but eventually retained the aluminium handles it came with, so these ones remain with me.

Last edited by Stanher : 14th January 2009 at 18:24.
Old 14th January 2009, 22:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Ravi I've got (unfortunately) just one side-indicator, curiously with a GREEN lens! And the base is all rusty but still useable.

Also do you want only the aluminium (I doubt if they were available in the ASHA brand) or stainless steel/chrome bhi chaltha? I have a brand new set of the latter with me, originally bought for my select but eventually retained the aluminium handles it came with, so these ones remain with me.
Arre, I've given up on aluminium handles. The steel / chrome ones by Asha will do just fine ! Just as of today, one dealer has promised me a set. If I don't get it, then..
Of course the ones currently on 6839 are in good shape, but it always helps to fit brand new !
Old 18th January 2009, 23:48   #68

Restoration of MRF6466 - my 1967 Fiat 1100D-image00002.jpgThis is the console that will go in the car.

Also did some innovative timepass on an old console that was lying idle.
Carbon fibre Finish. The sheet's glue though, is absolutely useless!!

Restoration of MRF6466 - my 1967 Fiat 1100D-image00001.jpg
Old 20th January 2009, 17:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Will this console go with the current reading it shows or are you going to reset it to show the actual travel done by the car

Quote:
Attachment 90928This is the console that will go in the car.Also did some innovative timepass on an old console that was lying idle Carbon fibre Finish. The sheet's glue though, is absolutely useless!! Attachment 90927
Old 21st January 2009, 11:27   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Maneesh Upreti - you are correct, I should use the original speedometer which came with the car but it's finish is not as good as this one. Also the 2 small meters which came with the car were non-original and did not work properly so I have thrown them out. These 3 which you see in the photograph are from the Chor Bazaar of Nasik. Maybe I will reconsider putting the original one after all for the sake of authenticity. And thank you for your good comments on the paint finish etc.

Dear all - the electrical work has finally started. I am using the original 42 year old wiring harness as it came out OK. It took one full day just to reorient and partially retape the harness for the Maruti fuse box and interconnect the new Finolex wires for the alternator, headlights, horns and ignition. The harness is in the car but major work remains to be done to solder every single terminal and tape every single wire to provide a professional look in the underbonnet area. I am also trying to salvage the original aluminium taillights and front small lights (I have four of them) but the connectors are not so good after 42 years of use. I will have to solder wires directly and rebuild some connectors to make them work, so fitting them on the car will take time and patience. There is a lot of work remaining and my biggest problem is lack of time. Let's see how it goes. The car will be polished finally after everything is completed.

By the way, I saw a lovely 118NE in Devlali yesterday evening. I am resisting the temptation to buy it as I don't want to start all over again due to lack of time.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 21st January 2009, 11:44   #71

Quote:
By the way, I saw a lovely 118NE in Devlali yesterday evening. I am resisting the temptation to buy it as I don't want to start all over again due to lack of time.
Thats What we said last time too. Did you meet the owner?
Old 24th January 2009, 18:10   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Ditto is what i have felt many a times, only to invite the verbal wrath by family and friends.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:22   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - an update.

After one month, I managed to find some time so now the electrical work has progressed but still not complete. The 3 instruments are all fitted. It took half a day just to fit the instruments. It is a slow and time consuming job, connecting each wire properly as there are no quick fix connectors here. The instruments look really good with the silver back plate. The engine compartment wiring is taped. Only the headlights, horn and fuse box work is remaining. This will take 2 full days to complete. Only headlights will take one day as Bosch relays are to be fitted. My electrician is smiling away to glory. "Itna time mein to mein 100 gaadi ka wiring kar dega" is what he tells me, but sorry, no compromise on quality and routing must be exactly as I want it to be. Then the car goes for polishing. Hopefully I will complete it soon. It all depends on how much time I get. I just do not have time.

I have removed the wheel caps as I finally managed to find a good set of OH REE GEE NUL black plastic hub caps from a Padmini economy car. I always wanted the OH REE GEE NUL hubcaps on this car (not the yellow disc market type) with super select wheel rims so I have got what I wanted. It gives a very balanced and sporty look to the car with the black wheels and ceat safety drive tyres.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:41   #74

I had a 1100d too...

MRF 3442 !

Origional Color - Grey/ Black

Now - Sky Blue !

Its sold now :(
Old 24th February 2009, 11:51   #75
BHPian

Quote:

I have removed the wheel caps as I finally managed to find a good set of OH REE GEE NUL black plastic hub caps from a Padmini economy car. I always wanted the OH REE GEE NUL hubcaps on this car (not the yellow disc market type) with super select wheel rims so I have got what I wanted. It gives a very balanced and sporty look to the car with the black wheels and ceat safety drive tyres.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Great going Behram. Really like those hubcaps. Ive got MR ones at home
supposively were to be put when 4035 would have got restored.
Now for the new one, when i get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks