Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 07:34   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
You mean to say your car (in your avtaar) is actually a 1100D turned padmini??

Whoa! She sure has a long way to go back to OHH REE GEE NAL then..but the badge is a great start!

Guys, I'd suggest you go with METAL numberplate lights only. You should still find them on fiats being scrapped. If these new are plastic ones, better avoided. They will break the same way as the one on your car has! Total crap, denoting the last days of quality with PAL. So are the chrome coloured plastic tail-lamps.
Shyam bhai it ain't a Delight its a 1994 model Padmini as YF mentioned on one of the threads.
I agree with you on the plate light part, plastic ones do break quite often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Yup. They are plastic ones. Well, its better to have atleast that than not having any which don't look really good.

YF, let me know if you are okay with the plastic ones
I have access to one shop which had CAST METAL plate lights which Shyam is referring. The cost is somewhere around Rs 250. Do let me know if anyone requires it.
Old 14th February 2012, 13:59   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Yup. They are plastic ones. Well, its better to have atleast that than not having any which don't look really good.

YF, let me know if you are okay with the plastic ones
Well in any case I have a pair of metal ones with me at home!

They look like they were aluminium later chrome plated, the plating's come off in many places but can be redone IMHO.

If you need pics., it will take some time as I've had a minor accident this morning, cant move around much for now!
Old 14th February 2012, 14:18   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Guys, I'd suggest you go with METAL numberplate lights only. You should still find them on fiats being scrapped. If these new are plastic ones, better avoided. They will break the same way as the one on your car has! Total crap, denoting the last days of quality with PAL. So are the chrome coloured plastic tail-lamps.
Yeah, for real...the grill, taillight frame, light plate all chromed plastic. Barely any chrome left on them and no way (that I know of to re-chrome). So yes old fiat salvaged ones would be great but may be more rare than teeth on a hen.

And yes, I'm enjoying the line blurring between Padmini and Fiat!!

Hey I'm not choosy! Plastic better pair better than the solo that's there now!! I'm just excited to have found!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 14th February 2012 at 16:51. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 15th February 2012, 11:22   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Frankie View Post
Yeah, for real...the grill, taillight frame, light plate all chromed plastic. Barely any chrome left on them and no way (that I know of to re-chrome).
Guys Plastic can now be re-chromed in India, there is a agency in Pune (Bhosari) known as Kiran Electroplating that can chrome anything even wood!! if anyone needs their no. please PM regards
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 18:26   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So yes old fiat salvaged ones would be great but may be more rare than teeth on a hen.
Dude, when you have your day off, just take the trouble once of going down to the scrapyard at PUDHUPET near Egmore (if you dont know where it is, ask the directions from fellow Madras tbhpians here!) where I'm sure there must be Fiats turning up for breaking more often than before, as most of the 'average' people dont want them these days. And you can surely find one with METAL licence plate lights. Dont talk about hen's teeth yet, that's reserved for someone like me with a Standard Herald! Yes I could agree you hardly get anything for these now, not even in Madras ('prefer to call it still by that name for some personal reasons!)

If not, as a last resort, we have some friendly local tbhpians- in BANGALORE though- who are members of FCB (Fiat Club of Bangy) and could lend a helping hand for these via their friendly local 'gujiri'!

Quote:
Hey I'm not choosy! Plastic better pair better than the solo that's there now!! I'm just excited to have found!
Well, your call anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Guys Plastic can now be re-chromed in India, there is a agency in Pune (Bhosari) known as Kiran Electroplating that can chrome anything even wood!! if anyone needs their no. please PM regards
That still doesnt stop them from breaking, atleast not the padmini parts.

Last edited by Stanher : 15th February 2012 at 18:28.
Old 22nd February 2012, 00:40   #291
BHPian

I have to have some body work done to WBF-1 and will have the two Deluxe
logos and special front side light castings removed and have a set of replacements made up.

Not sure of the cost but thought I any of the members might want a set
they could be done at the same time.

I tried to post photos, but for some reason they don't want to stick.
Suggest you check out my garage.

Hopefully I will be able to post them later.

my mobile number is 98-3602-1441
Old 22nd February 2012, 05:38   #292
BHPian

Can folks in Mumbai tell me of a source to get some Purolator Cartridge Type Oil Filters. The usual ones, Sundar Auto etc are out of stock.
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:31   #293
BHPian

Finally been able to up load the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-dsc02923.jpg  

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_4394.jpg  

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_5627.jpg  

john a milne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 23:11   #294
BHPian

Quote:

I have sent you an e-mail through the forum a few days back since I am unable to PM you. Thought I would update it here to grab your attention since there is no reply yet.
Old 15th May 2012, 22:00   #295
BHPian

Re: My 1960 Fiat 1100

In process of restoring my 1960 Fiat 1100. The car is currently ready with suspension, engine, deferential and tinker work. ready to go in for a paint job. I am looking for a few parts, if someone can help me lay hands on the following, it would be a big help.

1. Rubber beading for Front and Back Windshield
2. Bonnet monogram (Fiat)
3. Rear Monograam (Fiat 1100) which comes on the boot by the side of number plate
4. Side beadings
5. Tail lamp glass
6. Rubber for the petrol pipe
7. Tyres 5.2 - 14 R 80. Preference in order - White wall - Radial - ordinary

Also need advise on the following

1.Any good seat makers in Bangalore
2.Who can fix a floor carpet in the car

regards.

vipul
Old 16th May 2012, 16:22   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurvipul View Post
3. Rear Monograam (Fiat 1100) which comes on the boot by the side of number plate

vipul
can help you with this
Old 16th May 2012, 17:04   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
can help you with this
Hi jubin,

It would be a big help. How do I get in touch with u. My no is 09342471416
Old 16th May 2012, 17:27   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In process of restoring my 1960 Fiat 1100. The car is currently ready with suspension, engine, deferential and tinker work. ready to go in for a paint job. I am looking for a few parts, if someone can help me lay hands on the following, it would be a big help.

1. Rubber beading for Front and Back Windshield
2. Bonnet monogram (Fiat)
4. Side beadings
5. Tail lamp glass
6. Rubber for the petrol pipe
7. Tyres 5.2 - 14 R 80. Preference in order - White wall - Radial - ordinary

Also need advise on the following

1.Any good seat makers in Bangalore
2.Who can fix a floor carpet in the car

regards.

vipul
There is a seat maker basavraj seat, which I came to know from some one 09845200700, please check it out. I was told he is very good, near lal bagh.

For other items, door rubber beadings - check body shops in JC road.

Front & rear glass rubber, check with Jadsons. He did not had any left a year ago, but who knows. Else ask Mumbai guys.

The seat guys will also do floor carpet + headliner for you.

Rubber for petrol pipe between pipe and body is hard to find check jadsons else mumbai.

For monograms go to mubarak meter works in Gujari, reming you of steep pricing tough there.

Are you looking for the tail lamp glass with reflector or without. With reflector are easily available. Without reflector I can source you full red repro ones.

If by side beadings you mean trims, then check with Mubarak meter but there is also one more contact Nisar Bhai I do not have his number, as other fiat guys, he may be able to source you. Trims are rare these days to find.

By the way I need spme clips for my wheel caps, if you find them please let me know.
Old 16th May 2012, 22:14   #299
BHPian

Thanks a ton Manish. Planning to go to JC Road on Sat. Gujri visit will be on Friday. Will certainly try and source the clips for you. would you know specific shops in Mumbai who can give me the front and rear glass rubber.
V
Old 17th May 2012, 17:26   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton Manish. Planning to go to JC Road on Sat. Gujri visit will be on Friday. Will certainly try and source the clips for you. would you know specific shops in Mumbai who can give me the front and rear glass rubber.
V
Unfortunately I do not know of any shops in Mumbai, you need to ask Mumbai BHPians. Also you could try chennai or look in smaller tows just in case you are passing by.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks