Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 19:44   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Do you have a target date in mind when to finish the restoration? If yes, take it out of your mind and enjoy the time with the restoration car sweetly. The more time you spend with her, the more pleasure you get driving her later.

Are all the papers of this car in order?
Initially I had planned for two months to restore this car(as it was almost a complete car with very few damaged/missing parts) but as time is passing and according to the feedbacks from fellow BHPians i guess it will take a bit longer. I m also not able to give more time to it due to my own work.

The paperwork is complete and upto date i.e. valid until 2015(me being the second owner)

today we finished almost half of the floor work. see pics
hopefully in the next two days we shall have the body off the chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
Standard Herald 1967-img_2242.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2243.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2244.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2245.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2246.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2247.jpg  

damasthebiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2010, 20:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Almost nothing was left of the floor. There was hardly any metal left. What color and what brand of paint do you intend to put?
Old 8th April 2010, 14:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Almost nothing was left of the floor. There was hardly any metal left. What color and what brand of paint do you intend to put?
Yes you are right, the floor was the worst part but i havent seen the chassis yet, it might come as a bigger surprise.
The car was originally white it was then repainted Red by the son of the owner i also intend to repaint it Red probably i will use Dupont or 2K paint.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damasthebiker View Post
Yes you are right, the floor was the worst part but i havent seen the chassis yet, it might come as a bigger surprise.
The car was originally white it was then repainted Red by the son of the owner i also intend to repaint it Red probably i will use Dupont or 2K paint.

Was red a period color? If it wasnt, may be you should spare a thought and decide which color you would want to put. Is the starter service complete and functional now?
Old 8th April 2010, 15:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Was red a period color? If it wasnt, may be you should spare a thought and decide which color you would want to put. Is the starter service complete and functional now?
the company also offered red as the original colour and i feel it will also look nice on a small convertible with sporty looks like this herald. it will definately make people stop and notice.

the Self(i think you mean this) has been serviced and kept I havent fixed it as yet. We started the engine a few days back and the only problem we found was with the Self. Probably tomorrow when the body is off the chassis we will start with wheels/suspension and then we will service the engine inside out.
Old 8th April 2010, 22:27   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
today we finished almost half of the floor work. see pics hopefully in the next two days we shall have the body off the chassis.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the company also offered red as the original colour and i feel it will also look nice on a small convertible with sporty looks like this herald. it will definately make people stop and notice.
Wow, the floor sure is far gone! I have a feeling the chassis, as you say, will be none the healthier!
BTW, I thought the flooring could be replaced even after the body is off the chassis?

Red was offered as a OE colour on the very first mk1 Heralds, but surprisingly never on the subsequent mk2 models (I dont see it mentioned in the list of colours in the mk2 sale brochure copies I have), so those that are red are definitely repainted. But, as damas says, it sure is a show-stopping colour, especially on a Herald! How I wish I had a red Herald once!
Old 9th April 2010, 10:43   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, the floor sure is far gone! I have a feeling the chassis, as you say, will be none the healthier!
BTW, I thought the flooring could be replaced even after the body is off the chassis?
I spoke to the denters regarding this but they were of the opinion that the floor was in such a bad shape that in case they removed it before fixing them the entire allignment of the carīs body will be disturbed, thats the reason why we did the flooring first.

Red was offered as a OE colour on the very first mk1 Heralds, but surprisingly never on the subsequent mk2 models (I dont see it mentioned in the list of colours in the mk2 sale brochure copies I have), so those that are red are definitely repainted. But, as damas says, it sure is a show-stopping colour, especially on a Herald! How I wish I had a red Herald once!
I have seen couple of red heralds in my childhood and my father also told me that the colour was offered by the company though he is not particularly sure which models were offered. I intend to incorperate a white stripe also in the middle which will run all the way from the front fenders to the tail fin - see pic. What say?
Attached Thumbnails
Standard Herald 1967-stripe.jpg  

Old 9th April 2010, 10:58   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I intend to incorperate a white stripe also in the middle which will run all the way from the front fenders to the tail fin - see pic. What say?
Lovely!

I was about to suggest the same, good you thought of it already! The side-flash looks really fab on a Herald; I intend to do the same when I too get a red Herald!
Old 9th April 2010, 11:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Lovely!

I was about to suggest the same, good you thought of it already! The side-flash looks really fab on a Herald; I intend to do the same when I too get a red Herald!
Looks awesome dude! Initially when I saw the pic, I could notice the stripe but for a moment I thought it was already there when you got the car
Old 10th April 2010, 13:56   #55
BHPian

floor work 80% completed!!
Attached Thumbnails
Standard Herald 1967-img_2271.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2272.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2273.jpg  

Old 11th April 2010, 14:27   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
floor work 80% completed!!
Great to see the progress! The floor panels seem to have been reproduced very skillfully!

Looking forward to seeing the rest.
Old 13th April 2010, 17:22   #57
BHPian

body line work is almost finished. I guess the work is getting slower in pace as the days are passing, even the efficiency of the Denters has diminished because of the heat wave its approx 42 degrees already(10 degrees more than normal for this time of year)
Attached Thumbnails
Standard Herald 1967-img_2322.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2338.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2337.jpg  

Old 13th April 2010, 17:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree with you. Agra is the last place to visit in summers. My grand parents used to live there (in west arjun nagar) so i have experienced the heat of this place, that too with out the electricity.
Old 13th April 2010, 18:37   #59
BANNED

Wow, the pace is fast.

Workmanship also is upto the mark, If you loose a bit of momentum from what's happening now, the restoration will become endless.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:02   #60
BHPian

Sorry for break in between. The body is off the chassis and to my surprise the chassis was not in such a bad condition as I thought it would be. have a look yourself!!
Attached Thumbnails
Standard Herald 1967-img_2371.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2382.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2383.jpg  

Standard Herald 1967-img_2394.jpg  

Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright Đ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks