Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 13:41   #211
BHPian

Re: Restoring a 1933 Chevrolet Master Phaeton

how did i not see this thread till now?!! i guess i should be online more often...
deepak bhai i would be making curtains for my studebaker soon since the original were lost in a house move in 1985, i too was thinking on using polycarbonate sheet, scraching doesnt matter much because i would only be making them to complete the car, i usually drive it with top and windshield down ;-) i kant to know if you have any sources for dawson plugs? i need the male ends which would fit in the curtain, or should i simply convert it to lift the dot fastners?
Old 1st March 2011, 14:09   #212
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
how did i not see this thread till now?!! i guess i should be online more often...
deepak bhai i would be making curtains for my studebaker soon since the original were lost in a house move in 1985, i too was thinking on using polycarbonate sheet, scraching doesnt matter much because i would only be making them to complete the car, i usually drive it with top and windshield down ;-) i kant to know if you have any sources for dawson plugs? i need the male ends which would fit in the curtain, or should i simply convert it to lift the dot fastners?
awini with a little patience on the net you will find just what you need between ebay and the stores online. I needed a set of studs for the windscreen and ordered it off the net. Its just so much easier to buy stuff off the net than try and hunt anything in India. I sourced everything from the US as even Bombay has dried up for something as simple as a clutch for a Chevy !

The polycarbonate looks fab, albeit its ability to scratch easily, but if kept in covers should end up as a much better option than the clear plastic generally used.
Old 22nd January 2012, 11:53   #213
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
During my recent tip to Mangalore, saw this Landy outside the 1000 pillars temple in Moodbidri.
Restoring a 1933 Chevrolet Master Phaeton-copy20of2030082009120.jpg
Cross quoted from the Landmaster and Ambassador because of the Chevrolet being spotted at the same location.

We recently visited the 1000 pillars temple in Moodbidri last week. After seeing the temple we were just about to leave when we spotted the 2012 Nano parked behind our Trax - and was trying to recollect from GTO's thread on what were the changes on the new car. We finished checking out the Nano and were just about to enter the Trax when my eyes fell on those 2 huge gates. Hoping to find something good - I peered into the small gap between the gates of the first garage (outside which the Landmaster was photographed). Saw a white Maruti 800 and was disappointed. I moved on to take a peek into the second garage and I could see a big grille and a number plate in the Chevy shape. The car had green bonnet, black fenders with red wheel wells, wooden windshield and door pillars, a plate on the windshield which said "Chevrolet Model : 1933. Made in U.S.A".

Does anyone know about this Chevrolet, how long has it been lying over here, what is its history? I remember seeing a Chevrolet somewhere earlier with the similar plate on the windshield - but cant seem to recollect.
Old 20th January 2016, 16:44   #214
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend spotted this Chevy Master Phaeton in Delhi the other day.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoring a 1933 Chevrolet Master Phaeton-img20160116wa0005.jpg  

Restoring a 1933 Chevrolet Master Phaeton-img20160116wa0006.jpg  

//M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 23:21   #215
BHPian

Hi folks am getting into this thread late as I have just bought myself a 1932 Chevy Phaeton and was wondering if people who worked on it in the past would be willing to help improve my knowledge about it. Will greatly appreciate.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:06   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanthakore View Post
Hi folks am getting into this thread late as I have just bought myself a 1932 Chevy Phaeton and was wondering if people who worked on it in the past would be willing to help improve my knowledge about it. Will greatly appreciate.
I suggest you start a new restoration thread for your car and upload pictures, and the experts here would help you, you are at the right place.

Last edited by GTO : 24th October 2017 at 23:05. Reason: As requested :)
KartikeyaL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 16:50   #217

Anyone knows how to contact the thread creator - DKG? He hasn't logged in for some time now.
Old 24th October 2017, 18:36   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin410 View Post
Anyone knows how to contact the thread creator - DKG? He hasn't logged in for some time now.
You can message him on his Facebook page "Deepak Gir Restorations"
jagadeesh.b is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks