Team-BHP - Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/19699-helmet-tips-buying-good-helmet-5.html)

Can someone confirm what standards the Daijya helmets meet? I can't find any info on them anywhere on the net.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 655140)
Can someone confirm what standards the Daijya helmets meet? I can't find any info on them anywhere on the net.

you can get good helmets at PlanetDSG India : Motorcycle Apparel and Accessories. Alpinestars AXO SIDI Keiti Spidi Keiti DSG (also known as dreambikes).
they have daijya helmets in stock. prices start from around 4K

Quote:

I have reposted desmos post hope the link helps...

cheers

pradeep

Pradeep, what Rtech is asking for is the standards the Diajya helmets meet.

Worldwide, many countries have defined their own sets of standards that are used to judge the effectiveness of a motorcycle helmet in an accident, and define the minimal acceptable standard thereof. Among them are: (Source: Wikipedia)

The link you provided just provides the various models of Diajya helmets available, but does not speak anything about the quality of these.

- Jag

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 655133)
Finally visited the store. Its in the basement of Tangerine.

They had just a couple of models in Dhaijya. All looked the same to me except for the graphics. The fit and finish seemed ok. I guess the visor can be replaced w/o removing any screws. The shopkeeper didn't seem much informed about the same.

The price quoted was 5.5k for all models with no warranty. Not sure if its worth the price.

Helmet search continues
- Jag

PS: Any idea how is House of Helmets in Residency Road Cross? Got their visiting card at Vahan Yatra.

Check out for BHP or Fastrack ones on Lal Bagh road....THe house of Helmets isnt good the last time i visited it stocked only AGV & Gpone, no vemar, index, gpr etc.

There is no need to buy these stupid brands when you can get much better & well known brands from the US for cheaper or around the same price with shipping included.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 665467)
There is no need to buy these stupid brands when you can get much better & well known brands from the US for cheaper or around the same price with shipping included.

I would like you to list me some better & well known US options in the same price bracket including shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 665558)
I would like you to list me some better & well known US options in the same price bracket including shipping.

yes please.... me too. I am interested to see what you were talking abt.

I will PM you guys about it.

Recieved your PM. Thanks :D

Yet to get a PM.

Now it ain't too short..

Sankar i did PM you too.

Strange, I didn't get one yet mate.

Still didn't get it dude. Why don't you post it here man?

Why pm when you can post :)
DennisKirk.com - Metric Bikes - Helmets & Eyewear

ww.newenough.com is another portal that has some good deals, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories by BikeBandit.com is a favourite amongst quite a few with slightly higher prices on riding gear.

manson.

AGV n GP1s aint lightweight.i wear an AGV n i can swear by it. but you can get other options as INTEX and VEMAR for ur budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su-47 (Post 339804)
Thank you guys (superavi and madbullram) for your inputs.
-- Would you guys know where I can check out AGV and GP1 in bangalore?
-- For example, would the helmet shops near Lalbagh stock these?
-- Is there any place you can recommend? If not, is there a way I can distinguish a genuine one from a fake one?
-- How much would AGV cost?

Thanks,
Su-47