Team-BHP - Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/19699-helmet-tips-buying-good-helmet-7.html)

Digging old threads :)

I have been using a Studds Ninja for over 2 years now.So time to change.
Ninja is very bulky and heavy. Need a lighter(lightest) helmet. which brands have the lightest helmet??

I've been using a Vega for sometime now. They are good and light, and light on the pocket as well, alongwith being good looking. You could also check out STM.

the gf/wifey/u know ;)..bought me a AM (INDEX) brand helmet for our 1 year aniversery present...its quite good..fits snug and the inner lining is removable..:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by katpasin (Post 931868)
Digging old threads :)

I have been using a Studds Ninja for over 2 years now.So time to change.
Ninja is very bulky and heavy. Need a lighter(lightest) helmet. which brands have the lightest helmet??

I would suggest you look at the AGV from MPA and make sure you buy a snug fitting helmet that doesn't move around. A helmet that fits poorly can be as bad as not wearing one in a crash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhrozenFire (Post 931906)
I've been using a Vega for sometime now. They are good and light, and light on the pocket as well, alongwith being good looking. You could also check out STM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliAtenza (Post 932186)
the gf/wifey/u know ;)..bought me a AM (INDEX) brand helmet for our 1 year aniversery present...its quite good..fits snug and the inner lining is removable..:D

They are both horrible IMO. They just have good graphics and people get sucked into buying them. Both are made in Thailand. Like I always say, buy the most expensive helmet you can afford at the time.

As a rule of thumb, always look to buy the well known international brands or at least the AGV's from MPA.

Oh, by the way, I know someone who has passed away wearing an Index because, not only did the helmet crack in the crash, his skull cracked too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 932536)
I would suggest you look at the AGV from MPA and make sure you buy a snug fitting helmet that doesn't move around. A helmet that fits poorly can be as bad as not wearing one in a crash.

They are both horrible IMO. They just have good graphics and people get sucked into buying them. Both are made in Thailand. Like I always say, buy the most expensive helmet you can afford at the time.

As a rule of thumb, always look to buy the well known international brands or at least the AGV's from MPA.

Oh, by the way, I know someone who has passed away wearing an Index because, not only did the helmet crack in the crash, his skull cracked too.

great...:Frustrati :eek: ..well i dunno what to do now...i mean it cant be as bad as the local one i had before

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliAtenza (Post 933230)
great...:Frustrati :eek: ..well i dunno what to do now...i mean it cant be as bad as the local one i had before

Did you crash test the local one? No, right?

Just because its better than what you had doesn't mean its good and will offer the protection that is required.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 933308)
Did you crash test the local one? No, right?

Just because its better than what you had doesn't mean its good and will offer the protection that is required.

no i didnt..but the local one was not of good quality...but the guys on xbhp think INDEX is fine...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliAtenza (Post 933429)
no i didnt..but the local one was not of good quality...but the guys on xbhp think INDEX is fine...

Just buy the AGV you get here.

Got myself this beautiful AGV XR-2 from denniskirk.com, the redis more red than it seems in this picture. Ordered a 'XXL' and its fits well, the padding is tight towards the cheeks, but i think this would be gone once its broken into.

Initially the padding has to be tight. Because it compresses/becomes soft after some time and you get some room.

I pity the ignorant fellas who will not wear a helmet because it is uncomfortable/tight etc. Some have said that full face helmets will not let him see what is coming from behind !!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 939355)
Got myself this beautiful AGV XR-2 from denniskirk.com, the redis more red than it seems in this picture. Ordered a 'XXL' and its fits well, the padding is tight towards the cheeks, but i think this would be gone once its broken into.

Why don't you upload some high resolution pictures of your helmet?

The usb ports on my home pc are messed up, i'll try and hook it up tomorrow morning, and get some pics of the Ace too.

manson.

Just testing out a new camera. Much more justice to the colours now.

Nice HJC pal. I love the colours, looks brilliant in the second photo!

What camera S6? How abput a nice blue/white/red CBR to go with the helmet?

manson.