Team-BHP - Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/19699-helmet-tips-buying-good-helmet-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 958419)
Sexy helmet prajeep, and the price is quite reasonable too. What series does this helmet belong to, model name?

Also, did they have any stock in XXL?

manson.

Pradeep's lid is from AGV GP1 series.

He settled for L size :)

@ Prajeep :- Could you tell me where you got the AGV helmet from ? And is this the Indian AGV or the Original one ? I too reside in bangalore.

@ mason :- Did you purchase the AGV XR-2 priced $199.00 ? And when you say XXL, Is it 61 ?

@prajeep..thanks for the info mate.

@gill..i'll update you as soon as i get hold of someone who's more reliable than the karol bagh goons!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 958443)
Pradeep's lid is from AGV GP1 series.

He settled for L size :)

I noticed that since my Rossi replica is also a GP1. I always buy an extra dark visor with helmets.

I knew XL would be loose. So, after all, he was wearing a loose helmet earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolution 1 (Post 958525)
@ Prajeep :- Could you tell me where you got the AGV helmet from ? And is this the Indian AGV or the Original one ? I too reside in bangalore.

@ mason :- Did you purchase the AGV XR-2 priced $199.00 ? And when you say XXL, Is it 61 ?

Yup, thats the one. 50 USD shipping, and 1700 INR duty, total = 12K landed at my doorstep. XXL is 63 cms, my head is a 59, but i wear a turban, hence the larger size.

And, Prajeep's is an imported 'all AGV' helmet. He has mentioned the plca ehe got it from in his previous post.

manson.

Out on their first ride. Manmeet, how did you find the venting on the AGV? The HJC vents bloody well! I'm ordering a balaclava for winter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 958419)
Sexy helmet prajeep, and the price is quite reasonable too. What series does this helmet belong to, model name?

Also, did they have any stock in XXL?

manson.

AGV GP1 series. reagrding XXL will have to check out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolution 1 (Post 958525)

I have mentioned this earlier in my previous post also, opposite to hotel MTR megha enterprises contact person Mr gaurav. its a fellow bhpian P180V1 cousin's shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickoo (Post 958534)
@prajeep..thanks for the info mate.

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 959892)
Out on their first ride. Manmeet, how did you find the venting on the AGV? The HJC vents bloody well! I'm ordering a balaclava for winter.

The only time i paid attention to the airflow, was when i set the chin vent to open as the visor started to fog, this was just when i got out of my lane.
It was all cleared up in a moment after opening the chin vent.
After that i didn't pay much attention to the airflow, as i kept smiling about how perfect the fit was.
Unlike my XXXL HJC (which i thought was great last year) the AGV would not budge when i would roll the throttle, nor would it move sideways or anything. It is a lot more quiet inside the AGV too compared to the HJC.

manson.

Hey prajeep, can you find out if the guys you bought your helmet from, have replacement visors for the GP1 series? If yes, how much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 963757)
Hey prajeep, can you find out if the guys you bought your helmet from, have replacement visors for the GP1 series? If yes, how much.

Yea its available it costs 1187/- contact gaurav for more info 9945672094

OH you bought this, I bought the same thing in RED to suit my gloves. The fit & finish is really excellent. Definitely worth the price.

CHEERS,
G D

The only bad points about the GP1 are:

1. The liner cannot be removed and washed.
2. Its noisy at high speeds because of the ear pieces covering the shield mechanism.
3. The head vents don't work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 969189)
The only bad points about the GP1 are:

1. The liner cannot be removed and washed.
2. Its noisy at high speeds because of the ear pieces covering the shield mechanism.
3. The head vents don't work.

The head vents don't work ? I thought they did work. Anyway no problem.

CHEERS,
G D

Quote:

Originally Posted by P180V1 (Post 969227)
The head vents don't work ? I thought they did work. Anyway no problem.

CHEERS,
G D

What I meant was, you can't feel any breeze hitting your head. If you look inside, you'll see that there is not hole in the liner for the breeze to reach your head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 969271)
What I meant was, you can't feel any breeze hitting your head. If you look inside, you'll see that there is not hole in the liner for the breeze to reach your head.

Oh ok ok, Ihaven't chacked that as yet.

CHEERS,
G D