Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 15:39   #136
Senior - BHPian

^^^Interesting, and in line with what I'v expected. Thats why I'v always worn a full faced helmet. Besides protection from impact, it also protects better from wind, dust, etc.
Old 4th December 2010, 16:53   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
guys, I am looking to buy a buff in bangalore. Any place where I can find one?

i checked in cramster and wildcraft showrooms, they don't have one.
Not the original Buff but I saw a similar 13-in-one head wear at Total Mall, Sarjapur Road this morning. Not any particular shop, it was on display on the main hallway before the wildcraft showroom.
Old 4th December 2010, 18:50   #138
BHPian

Hi
I have noticed responsible adults wearing helmets while driving their bikes sparing their kids or their better half. What is with that. Are the pillion riders head supposed to be stronger than the helmet that it does not crack. And i had searched a few stores to get helmet for my kids and i finally had to buy hard shell helmets the skaters are wearing due to lack of choices for kids. Getting them to wear it is quiet another story. Cheers.
Old 5th December 2010, 11:17   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
I have noticed responsible adults wearing helmets while driving their bikes sparing their kids or their better half. What is with that. Are the pillion riders head supposed to be stronger than the helmet that it does not crack. And i had searched a few stores to get helmet for my kids and i finally had to buy hard shell helmets the skaters are wearing due to lack of choices for kids. Getting them to wear it is quiet another story. Cheers.
Not sure about Chennai, but Bangalore seems to have helmets for kids(not sure where they sell it exactly) since I've seen rare cases of kids and their li'l helmets. Looks kinda cute!
Old 5th December 2010, 12:51   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Not the original Buff but I saw a similar 13-in-one head wear at Total Mall, Sarjapur Road this morning. Not any particular shop, it was on display on the main hallway before the wildcraft showroom.
Too bad, I was at Total mall last week and went to check it at the wildcraft showroom, there were no stock...
I ordered the buff lookalike from AdventureRocks online store(The one bblost referred). Went for the one with the polar fleece since they did not have good prints for the normal one. Costed me 700 including shipping.

Should reach me on Monday, I'll give my feedback on it later.
Old 7th December 2010, 19:42   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too bad, I was at Total mall last week and went to check it at the wildcraft showroom, there were no stock...
I ordered the buff lookalike from AdventureRocks online store(The one bblost referred). Went for the one with the polar fleece since they did not have good prints for the normal one. Costed me 700 including shipping.

Not too bad actually. I had been to Total Mall last night and checked the stuff up close. The quality was not good and most designs were kinda girly . The price was Rs.200
Old 7th December 2010, 20:26   #142
BHPian

Quote:

I am also planning to buy a buff from adventure rocks online store. Even had a word with the owner (sales guy) Mr. Ritesh Ved. Nice fella. I have decided on the military print.

Eagerly waiting for your feedback. Please post some pics and let us know about the quality of the material used as i have learnt that these aren't the 'original' BUFFS. Is it comfortable to wear and not tight and itchy?
Old 7th December 2010, 23:27   #143
BHPian

Its not yet reached me, I'll put up a review as soon as I get a hands on.

In the meantime, I bought another one they are selling at total mall for Rs.200.(the one jaguar mentioned) Went for the UK flag design, but could not test it with a helmet yet as I bought it through my friend. I haven't used another buffwear, but this one looks to be OK, but not too good a material. Let me compare it with the one from adventurerocks once I get it.
Old 10th April 2011, 22:37   #144
joel.chandra

Re: Using a Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
The reason I always wear Helmet is that I started driving bike big time in Hyderabad. And there if you don't keep a handkerchief on your face while driving then your lungs will get clogged with dust. So I started tying it on my face and putting one on my head (Yes two !!) and then putting my helmet over. Believe me guys, If you have hair problems then try putting handkerchief over you head before putting the helmet on. That sweat should not accumulate on the lining of your helmet. I still got my hair intact

Instead use a Balaclava. you will not have to take the pain of wearing the cloths.

Old 11th April 2011, 10:10   #145
Team-BHP Support

I wear a SparX lid, the noise isn't a problem (balaclava & ear-plugs chip in) but there is simply too much wind rushing in making my eyes watery.

I started noticing this after I went on a ride after some time and being used to a Car, it made it worse. I closed all the vents, but to no avail.
Old 11th April 2011, 10:43   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I wear a SparX lid, the noise isn't a problem (balaclava & ear-plugs chip in) but there is simply too much wind rushing in making my eyes watery.
Sheel, check if the rubber beading on the helmet which seals the visor in place is intact. Check if the visor also shuts completely.

I ride with the eyebrow vents open (all the time) and have ridden my ninja at high speeds but i did not face such issues as you mentioned.
Old 11th April 2011, 12:31   #147
Team-BHP Support

I frequent few forums abroad and they seem to suggest using chin curtain.

This is the result which Google threw up. Options & Parts | SHOEI

I believe I haven't fiddled with the helmet and beadings, visor should be in place. (Will again cross-check once I take it out).

My LS2 is fine in commuting speeds (shorts bursts till 120kmph and nothing over 80 for sustained period)

Is it the Car which is making me feel more prone to wind? I never felt more uncomfortable in a M'cycle and my vision was getting bad. I actually had to go a couple of notches below my cruising speed which sucks.

Doc Arn suggested this
Quote:
The air leak is probably from the bottom of the visor.
Stick a strip of sponge (SOFT sponge) such that the visor closes on it, it will solve your problem.
Shall try it out & up-date.
Old 11th April 2011, 12:48   #148
Team-BHP Support

I have a helmet skirt that I find usefull in cutting down noise and dust.
Using a Helmet-clipboard02.jpg

Cost me 10$ from Cyclegear (California)
Old 11th April 2011, 12:51   #149
Team-BHP Support

Now, I want that.

(My debit card (Axis & SBI) isn't recognized by TBHP to send me stickers, wonder how can I ship it :(
Old 11th April 2011, 13:14   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I frequent few forums abroad and they seem to suggest using chin curtain.
I used the chin curtain from my wife's LS2 and it works great. Only grouse with this helmet is that the eyebrow vents are very delicate and break easily. Also only the side padding can be removed and washed, not the top one.

The link also shows some breath guards. SparX comes with a breath guard but on cold mornings the visor still fog's up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks