Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 18:40   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Dear Shubz just see the country of this product, there are lots of duplicate items originating from China be careful, even though if they are having 100% ratings, check the same product in other USA sites and then decide, i'll post some reliable stores name who offers discount on geniune products.
Ajay bhai - do give me the links. May need it in the future.

Even if it is Chinese it "may" not be substandard. We all have a mindset that "ALL" Chinese products are sub-standard.

For the price, I felt it was worthy enough. Even it were to fail, I'd still not be hurt that I spent a bomb.
Old 7th February 2012, 18:53   #827
BANNED

Try this site i found they are the cheapest with greatest products, many others are around just google away, but few are not shipping to india rest are quite costly.
www.sportbiketrackgear.com
Old 8th February 2012, 17:21   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try this site i found they are the cheapest with greatest products, many others are around just google away, but few are not shipping to india rest are quite costly.
Ajay - looks like the shipping costs are high on this site also. Have you purchased anything from them?
Old 9th February 2012, 14:17   #829
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Ajay - looks like the shipping costs are high on this site also. Have you purchased anything from them?
70$ shipping for one Alpinestars leather Jacket, 1 pair of Hand glove, 1 pair of riding shoes, i think it's cheap, dont fall for sites calculation, send them enquery mail, they will sure come back to you with discounted prices and shipping charges.
Old 9th February 2012, 14:29   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have shopped from Bike Bandit and Motorcycle Super Store and the prices on STG are on par if not lesser than the mentioned sites. But they do ship to India so thats a plus. Not sure if BB and MSS would ship to our country and what they charge for shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Quote:
70$ shipping for one Alpinestars leather Jacket, 1 pair of Hand glove, 1 pair of riding shoes, i think it's cheap, dont fall for sites calculation, send them enquery mail, they will sure come back to you with discounted prices and shipping charges.
$70 for shipping is expensive. Instead, i would suggest Riders Discount. They charge a flat $25 shipping fee for any number of items in your order.

Use this to calculate duties and taxes applicable once the stuff lands up here. I've heard the calculations are pretty accurate but no first hand experience from this site.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 15:32   #831
BANNED

Thanks Aditya i'll try riders discounts for future buy, been using Borderlinx from past two years preety fast shipping but costly, they allow to store the things for a period of one month and after that we can ship all the iems in one shot, it lands in flat 3 days with paid duty, taxes etc, but careful with used items as they also not take responcibility for used items if its getting detained by customs.
Old 17th February 2012, 14:29   #832
Senior - BHPian

Got my gloves today. Good fit. Won't say it matches the big names in riding gear but great vfm.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120217_142827.png
Views: 2212
Size:  363.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120217_142844.png
Views: 2219
Size:  437.7 KB
Old 17th February 2012, 16:05   #833
Senior - BHPian

Shubz they look nice bro. Only thing is that while the dorsal part looks like its leather (perforated) the palm looks like cloth. Notmal tendency when u fall is that the pam takes the brunt so just wondering. Either way for 1500 bucks its a great daily city user.

When's the bike that goes with it expected?!!!
Old 17th February 2012, 17:05   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho
Shubz they look nice bro. Only thing is that while the dorsal part looks like its leather (perforated) the palm looks like cloth. Notmal tendency when u fall is that the pam takes the brunt so just wondering. Either way for 1500 bucks its a great daily city user.

When's the bike that goes with it expected?!!!
Right said sir. Palm s have kevlar patches. Top is perforated cow hide. As we agreed vfm.
March 1st week onwards deliveries.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:59   #835
BHPian

I am on the lookout for helmet to helmet communication devices (works on bluetooth I assume). Can anyone point me to where I can get one from in India?
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 18:19   #836
Senior - BHPian

I have placed an order for the following at Revzilla:

AGV Sport Solare Vented Pants - AGV Sport Solare Vented Pants - RevZilla

I'd placed the order also for the following at BikeBandit
MSR Reflex Knee/Shin Guards - MSR Reflex Knee/Shin Guards - RevZilla

and

Fieldsheer Mach 6.0 Mesh Gloves - Fieldsheer Mach 6.0 Mesh Gloves - RevZilla

But the above order for the knee-guards and Gloves were rejected by BikeBandit saying that my bank could not confirm my credit card. So I've placed the order for those also at Revzilla.

I am shipping these to a relative who is travelling back from the US and hence, shipping was free. Also, great service from Revzilla. They'd actually shipped the pants in 4 days flat - and that was including a weekend!

Will update as I receive the products next month.
Old 29th February 2012, 19:31   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I am on the lookout for helmet to helmet communication devices (works on bluetooth I assume). Can anyone point me to where I can get one from in India?
Performance Racing Store deals with Cardo systems (one of THE best in motorcycle communication systems) which works on bluetooth technology.

See this for more info on models and prices. They have a basic model which is a lot cheaper than what is listed on the site, but they have taken it off due to lack of stocks i guess. Call Vicky for more info.

Edit - I see your location is updated as Bangalore. If you are looking for a cost effective option (at the cost of quality ) then head to either Helmet Paradise on Lalbagh Road or to Thirumala Racing (shubz has the address to Thirumala Racing, you may want to PM him for it). IIRC it costs 2.5k but no warranty or brand name. Its some local chinese make and quality of sound is horrible. I wanted to buy a piece but saving up for the cardo now.

Last edited by n_aditya : 29th February 2012 at 19:36.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 19:34   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Performance Racing Store deals with Cardo systems which works on bluetooth technology.

See this for more info on models and prices.
Thanks Aditya. Had already looked at those and they are beyond my budget. I am looking for something that will just allow me to communicate with my pillion, don't need any other functionality. I do not need to pair it with mu phone, GPS or mp3 player.

Just saw your edit...Will check out Helmet Paradise and Thirumala Racing for options.

Last edited by Hells_Fury : 29th February 2012 at 19:35.
Old 1st March 2012, 21:24   #839
Senior - BHPian

Just got my RJays Swift jacket from Bachoo motors withing two days of ordering. Fits perfect. Good padding on the elbow shoulders etc. It had all the tags saying the following.

Water proof - Windproof Breathable PU membrane.
MAXTEX Polyester - Super Strong Fabric.
REISSA Power Skin - Breathable water proofing textile which also says - Super resistance power of wind/rain and snow. I don't believe a word though.

I say so because the outer layer is Mesh and Heavy Nylon. Inner layer is just like our raincoat rexine cover that we put on cars.

Got good wrist and waist adjustment velcros. 1 reflective strip on each arm - just near the elbow. One wider reflective strip across the back.

Made in Pakistan tag
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-photo3.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-photo4.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-photo.jpg  

Attached Images

Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 22:04   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Just got my RJays Swift jacket from Bachoo motors withing two days of ordering. Fits perfect. Good padding on the elbow shoulders etc.
Good buy Shubhankar. It is a mesh jacket which is good for abrasion resistance and since it has CE approved armor for elbow, shoulder and back protection, its a safe bet. The good thing about the Swift is that it provides good ventilation in summers and also provides adequate water proofing in the rains. I have the rain wear from RJays and it looks/feels exactly like what you have mentioned - Rexine cover. But it provides excellent water proofing as tested on long rides/city rides under pouring rain.

OT: Where is your Duke thread? Moved to Assembly line?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks