Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 12:15   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
I'm looking for gloves, but my budget is up to 3K, max stretchable to 4K. Any good shops around South Delhi that I could check out that would have some nice options?
Am also looking for a nice helmet. I have one basic Taiwanese one for daily riding, looking for a better one for the weekend blast. Please suggest places in Delhi. Budget 3-4K. Could stretch to 5K for a really nice one. Or could I order these from abroad at a cheaper price? In that case I would probably spend the 5K and get something much better! AGV, HJC any other brands?
3-4k budget for a pair of gloves is very good. You should be able to get a pair of imported gloves for that price range. You can order helmets from online stores abroad but it would cost you close to 10k for an AGV/HJC etc. Add a couple of more G's for customs duty.

I am not aware of which shops stock your requirement in Delhi. But read back a few pages and you'll find the answers.
Old 26th November 2011, 09:04   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
3-4k budget for a pair of gloves is very good. You should be able to get a pair of imported gloves for that price range. You can order helmets from online stores abroad but it would cost you close to 10k for an AGV/HJC etc. Add a couple of more G's for customs duty.

I am not aware of which shops stock your requirement in Delhi. But read back a few pages and you'll find the answers.
Thanks Aditya. Am also considering buying a protective jacket in the future, but my bread and butter is my fingers (just realised that ) which is why am looking. Also I tried a HJC helmet worth 4.5K in Karol Bagh, and loved the fit - snug, and really comfortable. Looked snazzy too. Am not sure if I would spend 10K on one though.

Somebody recommended Cramster for gloves, I checked the site. They seem very affordable, but are they good?
Old 26th November 2011, 10:15   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also I tried a HJC helmet worth 4.5K in Karol Bagh, and loved the fit - snug, and really comfortable. Am not sure if I would spend 10K on one though.

Somebody recommended Cramster for gloves, I checked the site. They seem very affordable, but are they good?
First off, great to note that you're concerned about safety and are investing well in it.

I am not sure if the HJC helmet you saw for 4.5k is an original piece. Check on the HJC site for similarities/differences. Normally these lids dont cost below 10k unless you buy online and someone gets it down for you. A shop guy will charge a premium as he pays custom duties and shipping and taxes and lot more, hence it is not believable for me that a HJC is going for so less.

From my personal experience i would say stay away from Cramster. The quality of their gear sucks. You could look at DSG or RJays gloves instead and they fit well within your budget too. DSG revive is what i use and i highly recommend them. Search for my reviews on the revive on this thread for more info. They cost around 2k only.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th November 2011 at 10:16.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 10:52   #739
BHPian

@Vandal

Which model HJC did you try on? I have a feeling that it was the CS-R1 model. This particular HJC has suddenly popped up across the country with various dealers, and retails between 3.8k to 7k.

At around 3k, you should also check out the DSG Vector full gauntlet gloves. It uses kangaroo leather on the palm (or so I was told), and should offer better protection.

@Aditya

Dont be surprised. This helmet is also available in Mumbai for the same price. Abroad, these are being cleared at the $70 mark now, since this is an old lineup.
Heck we are getting original Sparx lids for 5k-5.5k here in Calcutta , which otherwise costs 8-8.5k at PRS
Motormania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 11:41   #740
BHPian

Im not sure if this questions fits here, but are there any good motorcycle leather jackets available around Mumbai-Pune?
Im aware of Dharavi, but do they make something like this:

River Road Hoodlum Vintage Leather Jacket - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Let me know.
Thank you.
Old 27th November 2011, 20:44   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aditya. Am also considering buying a protective jacket in the future, but my bread and butter is my fingers (just realised that ) which is why am looking. Also I tried a HJC helmet worth 4.5K in Karol Bagh, and loved the fit - snug, and really comfortable. Looked snazzy too. Am not sure if I would spend 10K on one though.

First off, avoid regular Karol Bagh dealers. I am unsure if they sell genuine products at all.

There's a Planet DSG dealer in Vasant Kunj ( Meandering India). Genuine products direct from DSG Pune. They stock Cramster too. Go and choose as per your convenience and budget. There's also one RJays dealer in Delhi (don't remember the address as of now). These are the only two genuine stores I am aware of in Delhi/NCR.

Query: Do riding gloves have a removable liner too??
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 22:41   #742
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Heck we are getting original Sparx lids for 5k-5.5k here in Calcutta , which otherwise costs 8-8.5k at PRS
I saw a KBC at the biggest shop at Wellington (Motor & Cycle store, Dev Kumar is the proprietor, the lanky, long-haired fellow) retailing for 5.5K and as per him Fireblah (R1 & Fireblade 1000RR rider) has got it from them.

Got a fake Alpine Star gloves for him for a whooping 2.5K+ They were so hard that riding in them was so wrong. My throttle control & brake modulation had gone kaput.

Me and Dr. Parikshit (simba_smiles) knew it had to be a fake. I have tallied PRS's prices with that of the official web-sites & have found most prices to be on par.

5K for Sparx (have heard) but put the original one alongside the one sold at the shop, cross check & let us know.

Quote:
and retails between 3.8k to 7k.
Isn't it all too fishy-fishy?

I personally would spend my money on quality gears from reputed stores and be at peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank
From what I know, No.

Please do share the names/address of shops in NCR.
Old 27th November 2011, 22:54   #743
BHPian

@ Sheel

Not talking about that guy from Wellington. i know him personally for years, stays in my neighbourhood. He is not the proprietor though. And that "KBC" being fake, could be made out easily. Same was the case with the Alpinestar gloves. These are fakes coming from Bangkok. Particularly checkout this website :- Wholesale - China Wholesale - Buy Wholesale Products from China Wholesalers on Seaben.com

Regarding the Sparx lid, I do have first hand experience of high end lids and I am 100% sure that these Sparx lids are original. As for the price, the Sparx S07 models are available between $70-$130 internationally as well. And could you point out where i questioned PRS's credibility? I merely pointed out some of my observations.

On a different note, does anyone have experience with the DSG Carbon gloves or the RS-Taichi GP1 racing gloves? Need feedback on their usability.

Last edited by Motormania : 27th November 2011 at 23:00.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:05   #744
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As for the price, the Sparx S07 models are available between $70-$130 internationally as well.
That is almost double the price difference.
Quote:
And could you point out where i questioned PRS's credibility? I merely pointed out some of my observations.
I was saying about the price difference and there might be errors or some differences, granted. Not about authenticity.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th November 2011 at 23:07.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:10   #745
BHPian

Yes that is indeed a huge difference, and that is understandable. Lets just leave it at that, should we.

Quite surprised that you couldnt make out the fake gloves. Those are pretty pathetic in terms of quality. Starts cracking and hardening within few days of use. And we even get LS2 lids for 7k here

Last edited by Motormania : 27th November 2011 at 23:12.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:18   #746
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes that is indeed a huge difference, and that is understandable. Lets just leave it at that, should we.
I don't think we can collectively do much, so...

Quote:
Quite surprised that you couldnt make out the fake gloves. Those are pretty pathetic in terms of quality. Starts cracking and hardening within few days of use.
Now comes the story. I had paid this scum 2K advance for the helmet to be kept. I know he won't be giving back the money. I can't go for fake helmets, but gloves? At least they will save you (some solace, eh) Had got another fake alpine stars some years back from the shop across, but the quality was much better and resembled DSG Revive gloves for the same price.
Quote:
And we even get LS2 lids for 7k here

When will Calcutta come on terms?
But then with everything available on the web and on order, informed customers can take their pick.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:27   #747
BHPian

Exactly. There is hardly a market here for any quality stuff, so fake is all we get. BTW that KBC lid is still available for 5k for the L size, whereas if you want a size M, its yours for ~2.5k . Among the "fakes" or non branded stuff available here, Yohe lids are relatively better and have satisfied users. And regarding gloves? Dealers here dont even wana stock DSG products, coz its hard to even sell one pair of such gloves

Take a peek into the link i posted, you will find almost everything that are being sold across various cities. Gloves, jackets, helmets et al.

Last edited by Motormania : 27th November 2011 at 23:30.
Old 28th November 2011, 00:33   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Got a fake Alpine Star gloves for him for a whooping 2.5K+ They were so hard that riding in them was so wrong. My throttle control & brake modulation had gone kaput.

From what I know, No.

Please do share the names/address of shops in NCR.
Fake Alpinestars are available everywhere. From jackets to gloves to balaclavas, you get everything. Not only this, some dealers have the audacity to even price these as premium brands and call these genuine products. First time buyers are most likely to be fooled. I have been, twice actually.

Delhi/NCR riders beware of the Alpinestars sold by Chopras in Karol Bagh. Trust only authorized dealers.

Sheel, any other jugaad that could be done with mesh-gloves during winter rides?
Old 28th November 2011, 10:53   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
No, riding gloves have no removable warm/rain liners. You can use a pair of surgical gloves and your riding gloves over these to keep your hands dry... Or buy a waterproof pair for the monsoons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
5K for Sparx (have heard) but put the original one alongside the one sold at the shop, cross check & let us know.
Orion in Blore sells some lower end versions of the SparX for 5 or 5.5k

Quote:
On a different note, does anyone have experience with the DSG Carbon gloves or the RS-Taichi GP1 racing gloves? Need feedback on their usability.
One of my friends has the carbon gloves and according to him they are pretty good. Check my PM.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 18:18   #750
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need your help. I am still looking around for some good knee-guards. I contacted adventure on the rocks store and they said they sell only with elbow-guards. Since I have a riding jacket, I just need the knee-guards to complete my riding armour. Though the Alpinestars bionic knee guard sounds great, think it is a bit costly.

Can you suggest something that I can get in a couple of weeks time cause am doing a 1800 kms ride for the Christmas hols.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks