Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 08:41   #1411
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Got the agv willow gloves yesterday. The quality of leather is good and the lining feels snug.
First impression is good, now need to see how the gloves will fare long term.

--Anoop
These are the exact same gloves I am thinking of picking up. The season price is too tempting to let go. Need your help though. Did you simply go by their given sizing chart and order? Do they run true to their size?
Old 16th December 2013, 11:15   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
These are the exact same gloves I am thinking of picking up. The season price is too tempting to let go. Need your help though. Did you simply go by their given sizing chart and order? Do they run true to their size?
Yes, they do run true to the size. Though they have an inner lining, it is not thick enough to consider next size for the fit.

I did not use the size chart - I went by the size of my previous pair of gloves, though they where from a different brand.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 11:27   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they do run true to the size. Though they have an inner lining, it is not thick enough to consider next size for the fit.

I did not use the size chart - I went by the size of my previous pair of gloves, though they where from a different brand.

--Anoop
Thank you for the headsup. Will refer to the sizing guide and try to place the order asap. Btw, any updates on the gloves as of now? Feel and quality of the leather? How easy it is to control the switches/'bars etc.
Old 16th December 2013, 13:01   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Thank you for the headsup. Will refer to the sizing guide and try to place the order asap. Btw, any updates on the gloves as of now? Feel and quality of the leather? How easy it is to control the switches/'bars etc.
I have used the gloves for about 500-600 km now and here is a quick review about them.

+ves:
  • Good quality leather and stitching.
  • Good amount of protection (Good knuckle protector, leather reinforcement on palm and thumb, lot of form padding on palm, thumb, and gauntlet).
  • No need to break in – feels comfortable right out of the packet.
  • Good air flow – you can really feel the air flow through the metal mesh air scoops on the fingers.
  • Soft liner ensures that the gloves are snug fit.
-ves:
  • Inside seam – though the seam does not rub against your fingers much, you can still feel them. I prefer the outside seam any day.
  • The gloves are not good for really cold winters because of the air flow. If you are from Delhi or places where the temperature drops a lot, you will have tough time keeping the hands warm during cold winter mornings. For places like Bangalore, this glove is perfect.
  • The thumb socket is a little big - but it is not as big to hinder operating the switches.
To nitpick:
  • I do not like the appearance of the plastic+metal mesh knuckle protectors (But they do appear to have made well and is strong) – I prefer the looks of CF knuckle protector.
  • No reflective pipes or stickers.
Verdict:

The leather quality is good, the liner feels soft and the air vents do work. The gloves are very well made and the quality of construction and materials are good. No issues while controlling the switches on both my Unicorn and on Desert Storm, and the seam does not rub much against the fingers (though you can still feel that they are there). The palms do not sweat as of now, and my gut feeling is that the palms will not get baked in hot summer days.

I am happy with my purchase and will definitely recommend this. At the price they are going now, these gloves are a steal.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 16th December 2013 at 13:03.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 23:11   #1415
Senior - BHPian

very good review indeed. And just one question if I may, how does your palm feel after riding for 100 kays straight. Does it leave any crinkles or red spots in your palm? If yes, I think it needs a little more break in, if no, you're all set.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 12:38   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Been trying to get a gloves for ages

Almost bought the Alpinestars SMX-2 since most online sites dnt have DSG Revive. Now DSG pinged me asking if I want to get Nitro ( since I ordered Revive already) or DSG Reaper.

This is new and hence I am confused. Do help me out here.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-reaper-21-medium.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-reaper-4-medium.jpg  

Old 17th December 2013, 17:28   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
very good review indeed. And just one question if I may, how does your palm feel after riding for 100 kays straight. Does it leave any crinkles or red spots in your palm? If yes, I think it needs a little more break in, if no, you're all set.

Cheers!
VJ
No crinkles or red marks - in fact, the soft liner makes sure that your palms are all well

(PS: the longest time period I have worn the gloves till now is about 1.30 hrs straight)

--Anoop
Old 17th December 2013, 19:28   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Almost bought the Alpinestars SMX-2 since most online sites dnt have DSG Revive. Now DSG pinged me asking if I want to get Nitro ( since I ordered Revive already) or DSG Reaper.

JK, these gloves are no doubt good but the perforated leather tends to tear in a year's time. My pair of revive's gave up in around a year and now i use Spartan gloves. Do check them out. IMHO, they are better than DSG in terms of quality, fit and overall construction.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 20:52   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
JK, these gloves are no doubt good but the perforated leather tends to tear in a year's time. My pair of revive's gave up in around a year and now i use Spartan gloves. Do check them out. IMHO, they are better than DSG in terms of quality, fit and overall construction.

I do have a pair of spartan gloves. Love the finish, they are one of the best around. But, their largest size doesnt seem to fit my hands that well and it appears I have a short pinkie finger. Like with footwear or feet, the right and the left have some small difference in size, I guess it is wiser to go for the bigger size.
YaeJay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 22:23   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No crinkles or red marks - in fact, the soft liner makes sure that your palms are all well

(PS: the longest time period I have worn the gloves till now is about 1.30 hrs straight)

--Anoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Aditya is right, DSG Nitro and Revive are budget oriented gloves and works real good. But the devil is in the details. Spartan on the other hand is no different from these gloves, but the Pegasus, the Phaeton.

If you're considering for a full gauntlet, their Centaur is a good product. Indeed very good construction of their products.

If you narrow down between Revive and Nitro, Revive just for the sake of CF.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 20th December 2013, 15:30   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post

Aditya is right, DSG Nitro and Revive are budget oriented gloves and works real good. But the devil is in the details. Spartan on the other hand is no different from these gloves, but the Pegasus, the Phaeton.

If you're considering for a full gauntlet, their Centaur is a good product. Indeed very good construction of their products.

If you narrow down between Revive and Nitro, Revive just for the sake of CF.

Cheers!
VJ
Many thanks guys! Spartan guys are snail mail team I guess. Tried mailing twice.

PlanetDSG customer support is nice and good. They dont have 'S' in stock and hence waiting.
Old 28th December 2013, 12:43   #1422

Riding brothers,
I am looking for complete riding gear for my 390. Things to consider- Will be riding/touring in hot chennai weather- Protection, ventilation and quality important.
Considering Joe rocket ufo mesh jacket- 180$- http://www.revzilla.com/product/joe-...-ufo-20-jacket. or dainese airframe.
Also looking for riding pants, gloves (A* smx2?) and boots (A* smx1,2)? - which is not uncomfortable for walking and can be worn with jeans to work.
Budget for jacket-10 to 15k, gloves- 4k, boots- 8-10k. pants- 5-7k. These are expensive for me, but hoping that these will protect and last long.
please suggest places where i can try this (chennai/bangalore) or buy online. i have overseas friends who can send/bring gear to india.
Old 29th December 2013, 12:05   #1423
Senior - BHPian

Tourmaster Solution Air WP 2.0

Finally after a long wait, got the Tourmaster Solution Air WP 2.0 boots. Cost was 8k and one of my friend carried it back from US.
Haven't used it extensively for detailed review but initial small ride feedback was the grip of the boots are very good.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_20131225_170556.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20131225_171713.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20131225_171734.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20131225_171830.jpg  

rk_sans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 07:46   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am looking for a knee and shin guard combination in affordable range. Please suggest options.

For riding jacket my budget was 5k but as I could not find anything, so had to stretch to accommodate the DSG Nero (6500). Please suggest suitable options if any, within 5K range.

Kind regards,

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd January 2014 at 18:14. Reason: shin word corrected
Old 31st December 2013, 12:31   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Guys, I am looking for a knee and sheen guard combination in affordable range. Please suggest options.

For riding jacket my budget was 5k but as I could not find anything, so had to stretch to accommodate the DSG Nero (6500). Please suggest suitable options if any, within 5K range.

Kind regards,
You can take a look at the Spartan Perseus knee guards or the Thor Quadrant.

For jackets, look at the Spartan Icarus in that price range. If you are stretching your budget then consider the Spartan helios as well.

Most Viewed