Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 16:38   #2026
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
The other option was Rynox Tornado. This fit is a lot better than air GT but I feel it will roast me during Bombay summers. Will post pics later on in the day.
I got the Rynox Tornado. From the looks of it, feels it will provide decent amount of ventilation. But it has a single combined liner as compared to Air

Yet to try it in Mumbai climate (which sadly has only 2 seasons summer and rains).
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 16:41   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
I got the Rynox Tornado. From the looks of it, feels it will provide decent amount of ventilation. But it has a single combined liner as compared to Air

Yet to try it in Mumbai climate (which sadly has only 2 seasons summer and rains).
True that, infact Bombay has 3 seasons; hot, very hot, and wet.
I have the option of picking up the Tornado, infact I had selected it but got the GT just for its mesh.
Old 15th December 2014, 01:21   #2028
Senior - BHPian

Picked up some stuff while travelling.
1. Icon Stryker Vest ( comfort , ventilation and protection )
2. Scorpion SG3 gloves ( great all around protection )
3. A * SP-2 Gloves ( fantastic fit , finish and feel , for aggressive street riding )
4. Alpinestars GP-R Leather Jacket ( superb ventilation and design , top notch leather )
5. SIDI Apex boots.( great for short city rides . add insoles for off bike comfort )
6. and my favorite Icon Overlord Prime Hero Leather Jacket. ( attack fit , premium grade leather , amazing design elements ).

Last edited by bigron : 15th December 2014 at 01:27.
Old 17th December 2014, 19:17   #2029
BHPian

Picked up a pair of Joe Rocket GPX 2.0 to replace my AGVSports full gauntlets. Pretty good fit and finish, and like the mix of natural leather and pittard leather. The knuckle guard has a clever slit to aid ventilation. Although to be honest I still love the carbon fiber knuckle guards on my earlier glove.

Attaching a pic, to the right is my earlier pair that has served me well for the last 2 yrs/ 40,000 kms and will still be used for city jaunts.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-gloves.jpg  

dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 13:21   #2030
BHPian

Tried my Rynox Tornado jacket. Wanted to check out its ventilation so went for a ride late evening. Since temperature has dropped down considerably in Mumbai, I tried using it without thermal liner, and boy I was frozen till my bones .

Tried it again during day time riding to office in peak afternoon, and it did provide a good ventilation.

Also picked up a pair of Rynox Kombat gloves. L size felt too tight hence went for XL.
Old 18th December 2014, 17:28   #2031
BHPian

Now that I've completed my set of riding gear, I am looking out for the same for my wife. It is really hard to find female riding jackets anywhere in Hyderabad. Not even HD guys keep it.

I can still buy gear online based on sizing charts and people's reviews, but not for her for sure. She would wanna try it before buying.

So first of all i wanna know the good ones available in the market and then the best place to buy them in Delhi/NCR.

Right now I have the Dyna jacket by Cramster in mind, would like to get some more suggestions and ideas.
http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333205.aspx
Old 18th December 2014, 17:57   #2032
BHPian

Hey guys, needed some advice. I ride a 390 and am now planning to start doing small 100km rides around the city. Can someone recommend a decent pair of gloves and a riding jacket that are AFFORDABLE? I've saved up around 3k for both.. Money doesn't come easy to college students :P
Planning to complete the purchase by Saturday, so a quick response will be much appreciated!

Cheers
Old 18th December 2014, 19:04   #2033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Can someone recommend a decent pair of gloves and a riding jacket that are AFFORDABLE? I've saved up around 3k for both..

Riding jacket in 3k is not realistic mate. Save up a bit more and you have the Spartan range starting at around 4700 range and the cheapest gloves from DSG costing around 1.5k which is a good bet for your kind of usage.
Old 18th December 2014, 20:15   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Riding jacket in 3k is not realistic mate.
Thanks for your inputs abhinav! I guess the jacket will have to wait. Any idea where I can get the gloves from in Bangalore?
Old 18th December 2014, 21:22   #2035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Now that I've completed my set of riding gear, I am looking out for the same for my wife. It is really hard to find female riding jackets anywhere in Hyderabad. Not even HD guys keep it.

I can still buy gear online based on sizing charts and people's reviews, but not for her for sure. She would wanna try it before buying.

So first of all i wanna know the good ones available in the market and then the best place to buy them in Delhi/NCR.

Right now I have the Dyna jacket by Cramster in mind, would like to get some more suggestions and ideas.
http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333205.aspx
Check out SPG. They have jacket specifically for woman.
Old 18th December 2014, 22:34   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs abhinav! I guess the jacket will have to wait. Any idea where I can get the gloves from in Bangalore?
Let's Gear Up, HSR Layout would be a good place to find gloves. Nice people, bikers themselves. Contact them on Facebook before going, their shop is closed sometimes as they are off to track days and racing events rather frequently
Old 18th December 2014, 22:48   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, needed some advice. I ride a 390 and am now planning to start doing small 100km rides around the city. Can someone recommend a decent pair of gloves and a riding jacket that are AFFORDABLE? I've saved up around 3k for both.. Money doesn't come easy to college students :P
Planning to complete the purchase by Saturday, so a quick response will be much appreciated!

Cheers
I am using SPG phaeton, hey are great with good armor, they cost about 2k. I hear good reviews about Rynox but have not tried them personally. Do not go for full leather or full gauntlet first up, you will never wear them again. Whatever you decide, my advise is to go to a shop and try before you buy. You might get offers online but if does not fit you would have wasted your hard earned money. Happy biking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Check out SPG. They have jacket specifically for woman.
Yep, I was in their showroom, they have couple of good options, mesh as well as cordura.
Old 19th December 2014, 09:30   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Another place you could try is the Cramster's outlet in Cunningham Road. I have been using the Twister touring gloves for almost a year now in Chennai and I am happy with them. They also have strap on elbow protectors which you may look at if you are not buying a jacket now. I bought it a couple of weeks back along with their inner knee protector and used them in a trip to B'lore and back last week and I found them to be very comfortable.

Last edited by arulpeem : 19th December 2014 at 09:32.
Old 19th December 2014, 09:50   #2039
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This thread has details of all the shops in Bangalore selling city gloves, semi gauntlets and full gauntlets at different price ranges. The Cramster TRG2 is a great option, used mine for 4 years before it gave up. Check the pair carefully before buying for inconsistent stitching as some have complained about that.
Old 19th December 2014, 12:20   #2040
BHPian

Thanks for the advice guys! Will be going to the Cramster outlet in Cunningham road tomorrow, as its closest to my place. Will keep y'all updated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks