Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2015, 14:05   #2146
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

http://riderzone.in/tarmac-venom-riding-boots-review/

This is a comprehensive review, hope this helps you decide!
Old 10th February 2015, 14:22   #2147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Safety features are good but please check for reviews online. If this is an international brand, finding reviews online wouldn't be an issue.
Seems to be a product from Bachoo motors, couldn't find any review other than the one quoted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
http://riderzone.in/tarmac-venom-riding-boots-review/

This is a comprehensive review, hope this helps you decide!
Thanks for the link, this was the only review I found while surfing, surprisingly no Teambhp user seems to have one before! Protection level seems to be the best for the give budget.
Old 10th February 2015, 15:55   #2148
Senior - BHPian

Came across some good deals in motorcycle closeout stores as of now.

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/h...ign=15February
Old 10th February 2015, 18:01   #2149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Thanks for the link, this was the only review I found while surfing, surprisingly no Teambhp user seems to have one before! Protection level seems to be the best for the give budget.
RIDER ZONE is a Teambhp user, if he's not riding he'll reply!
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 22:51   #2150
BHPian

Thanks for the mention suranonwheelz!

Still using these boots after about 20,000 kms! Done Mumbai-Bhutan-Mumbai with them, including a 5 hour trek to Tiger's Nest and back

What's written in that article still holds, boots are extremely comfy and offer good protection for the money. However I really doubt if they'll be good for track use, especially if you plan to do it at MMSC or Kari. The boots get REALLY hot, unbearable at times. They are perfect for cold weather though. Borrow from a friend and try before you buy.
RiderZone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 23:35   #2151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Thanks for the mention suranonwheelz!

Still using these boots after about 20,000 kms! Done Mumbai-Bhutan-Mumbai with them, including a 5 hour trek to Tiger's Nest and back

What's written in that article still holds, boots are extremely comfy and offer good protection for the money. However I really doubt if they'll be good for track use, especially if you plan to do it at MMSC or Kari. The boots get REALLY hot, unbearable at times. They are perfect for cold weather though. Borrow from a friend and try before you buy.
Have used Similar boots before, sweats like crazy, but I always take breaks in between few laps(max 5 laps at a stretch), not into racing or anything so that wont be an issue, but will surely try it if someone I know has it! Review is great BTW nice and informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Came across some good deals in motorcycle closeout stores as of now.

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/h...ign=15February
Do they ship to India? Deals look good!

Last edited by giri1.8 : 10th February 2015 at 23:53.
Old 10th February 2015, 23:41   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Got a Cortech jacket for my wife. Got it a good deal price of $104. Quite impressive with the quality of the jacket. Comes with waterproof outer jacket and the inner liner of the jacket itself is quite thick. Bought it from Revzilla and a friend carried it to india. The sizing on this site damn accurate, perfect fitting.
The Riding Gear thread-img_20150210_215211734.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20150210_215237685.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20150210_215254540.jpg
Old 11th February 2015, 00:23   #2153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Got a Cortech jacket for my wife. Got it a good deal price of $104
Just a suggestion brother. Next time you are ordering gear from the states, always check out the discounts on this site:

www.motorcyclecloseouts.com

Here's what I got for the Mrs for 60 bucks

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/w...+jacket+-+camo

Its now cheaper. I also added a CE rated back pad for 30 something bucks. Pretty sweet for a jacket under $100

They have some awesome deals on a wide variery of gear usually. I make sure to check them out before I order from elsewhere

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 11th February 2015 at 00:25.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 19:14   #2154
BHPian

Just got for myself a DSG Evo Mesh Riding Jacket as a substitute/partly replacement for my 2.5yr old RJays Octane. Cost me 5000INR from a shop named Options Performance in Goa. My size is ground breaking 4XL

Initial impressions: Jacket is just perfect for summer riding. Ample ventilation and comfort even in harshest of the sun (Goa is hot and humid). At 5000 INR its very cheap and a superb entry level riding jacket for everyday use. Comes with rain as well as winter liner (That makes it super VFM). Two point elastic arm adjustment is nice too. CE armour at shoulder and elbows and foam back armour (Opting for Sastec CE back armour from Track breed)

Overall Im happy with my purchase and would suggest the jacket to all who are looking for cheap and entry level mesh riding jackets and also for the ones who want it as a secondary jacket too.
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 14:54   #2155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Just got for myself a DSG Evo Mesh Riding Jacket as a substitute/partly replacement for my 2.5yr old RJays Octane.
Hi akshayhonda, I too am in the same boat like you. I stay in Bombay which is equally hot and humid like Goa. My primary riding jacket is the Cramster Hybrid, no doubt it is a very good jacket but I get ending up cooked and wet from inside. I too was planning to buy a mesh jacket for summer riding and DSG Evo caught my eye as I have a DSG Nero riding pant. From your short review it looks like the Evo is quite airy and breathable for hot summers. I am planning to buy one soon, can you elaborate on the fit and quality of materials used?
Old 16th February 2015, 15:57   #2156
BHPian

Yesterday went for an impromptu ride on NH3. Left at peak afternoon time of 3.30. My Rynox Tornado jacket though good on ventilation, I could feel the heat inside. Looks like very few options out there for typical Indian summers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
.....I have a DSG Nero riding pant.
My next purchase inline would be a riding pant. Since most of riders recommend a good riding pant over knee gaurds. How is your experience with DSG Nero? How bad in summers? How better are they on comfort level for long rides?
Old 16th February 2015, 16:11   #2157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
My next purchase inline would be a riding pant. Since most of riders recommend a good riding pant over knee gaurds. How is your experience with DSG Nero? How bad in summers? How better are they on comfort level for long rides?
Unfortunately DSG has stopped making the DSG Nero riding pants. I bought it sometime during last mid year. These riding pants are very comfortable and have a decent fit and finish. They offer hip protectors, knee protectors and heavy duty cordura construction. The pants though get very hot during summers but still manageable. Only thing I didn't like was that there was no tightening velcro belts on the hip like other riding pants and also the knee protectors keep sliding down while getting down and walking but they recline back to the knee position once seated on the bike. I am planning to modify my riding pants by adding a velcro band and loops at the hip and at the knee protectors to stop them from sliding down. There was another riding pant from DSG in the Planet DSG showroom which was called DSG Aero which is a pure mesh riding pant. I dont know whether they offer it as of now.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 17:47   #2158
BHPian

Ah shucks. DSG website doesn't have any riding pants listed apart from A*. I had seen DSG Nero on a2zmotorcycle superstore site. Might be a old listing. Then what remains apart from DSG?
Old 16th February 2015, 18:47   #2159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then what remains apart from DSG?
There are many other good local brands you can consider. Although I don't have any experience wearing them. Some of them are:
1. Spartan
2. Zeus
3. PGS
4. Cramster

Apart from this there are international brands like Rjays, Joe Rocket, Dainese, Alpinestars, etc. Hope this helps.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 10:52   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Hi akshayhonda, I too am in the same boat like you. I stay in Bombay which is equally hot and humid like Goa. My primary riding jacket is the Cramster Hybrid, no doubt it is a very good jacket but I get ending up cooked and wet from inside. I too was planning to buy a mesh jacket for summer riding and DSG Evo caught my eye as I have a DSG Nero riding pant. From your short review it looks like the Evo is quite airy and breathable for hot summers. I am planning to buy one soon, can you elaborate on the fit and quality of materials used?
Hey navin. The quality of the new DSG Evo is as good as my RJays Octane. Must say DSG have indeed improved upon its quality and fit & finish. Feels nice and comfortable to wear.

Quote:
Hey mate DSG Nero riding pant is not the best one out there lot of my buddies here in Goa faced issues with its quality and build. Glad its stopped now. Would suggest pay a premium and get RJays pant. Or else if budget is constraint get the Cramster. These two are the best VFM products
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks