Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2016, 12:40   #2686
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dainese V E1 N Knee guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Hi Sagar,

could you tell me where you bought it from and how much you paid for them? I've been looking for new knee guards to replace my aging Thor Quadrants.

I particularly like that the Dainese guards have a third strap over the knee which helps conform when you bend your leg at the knees.

Thanks.
I purchased them from Revzilla for 5K Rupees. They are available at Bangalore Dainese store for 6K Rupees
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 20:14   #2687
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Got myself a pair of Aspida Proteus riding pants from Biking spirit. Tried out the M size first and felt constricted, the L felt more comfortable. Am 5'9 and tip the scales at 85 usually wear size 36 trousers and these pants are 36 inches for the L size

The Riding Gear thread-wp_20160131_08_41_32_pro.jpg

Did a short burst to Kanakpura road in the morning today to check out the pants (not using the word test here while it felt comfy and snug, would have liked the knee armour to obtain a tighter fit. While they are not slipping around they are not sitting tight on the knee either. Thing is, these pants could have done with fasteners just above the knee and below to tighten things up.

I also got a pair of synthetic inners (tight fitting) and wore those below the pants.

Can anybody suggest if a pair of knee pads worn over the inners and under the riding pants help to get the knee armors get a tighter grip?
Old 5th February 2016, 00:36   #2688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Can anybody suggest if a pair of knee pads worn over the inners and under the riding pants help to get the knee armors get a tighter grip?
You don't want it tighter. You don't want to constrict the blood flow during long hauls. If the knee armors are sitting right on your knees during riding, you are covered. Just enjoy the ride!
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 01:48   #2689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I am yet to come across an all weather glove. But yes, I too wear silk liners underneath my gloves (you should find them at decathlon) during winters and it works out just fine
The silk liners worked perfectly for city rides but failed miserably on the open NH1. after much freezing and using local quality winter gloves (no protection) on that ride, I simply went to Adventure18 and picked up the Cramster Tundra gloves. Not perfectly made like Aspida but works excellent in winter. Very happy with the purchase. Now I have separate summer and winter gloves - yay!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 21:33   #2690
BHPian

Duplicate post from helmet thread -
The dainese store in Orion mall is having their anniversary sale till this Friday, discounts range from 10-50%, I picked up a K3 helmet with sun and moon graphics, criteria being ability for Bluetooth speakers, also gloves, pants and boots, check out if you are interested.
veerameti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:06   #2691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Got myself a pair of Aspida Proteus riding pants from Biking spirit. Did a short burst to Kanakpura road in the morning today to check out the pants (not using the word test here while it felt comfy and snug, would have liked the knee armour to obtain a tighter fit. While they are not slipping around they are not sitting tight on the knee either. Thing is, these pants could have done with fasteners just above the knee and below to tighten things up.
I was about to buy these riding pants soon but had the same question in mind regarding how to secure the built in knee guards to prevent them from slipping. Spartan has another riding pant named Odysseus with velcro fastening straps to secure the built in knee guards. Unfortunately the pant does not have mesh panels and is extremely hot. I already have a touring riding pant but my hunt for a mesh riding pant is still on for regular use. Thanks for posting your review mate.
Old 9th February 2016, 13:56   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I already have a touring riding pant but my hunt for a mesh riding pant is still on for regular use. Thanks for posting your review mate.
Did you try the new DSG Aero or something (forgot the exact name ) riding pant? It's a complete mesh pant without any liners, light weight and good quality knee gaurds. It is available for 5k at DSG Juhu. I exchanged this with Nero since I had a bad experience with Nero.

I have it and it's a bliss to use it during hot days. Will post some photos late evening as their website is not updated and is not listed.

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 9th February 2016 at 13:58.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 14:17   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Did you try the new DSG Aero or something (forgot the exact name ) riding pant? It's a complete mesh pant without any liners, light weight and good quality knee gaurds. It is available for 5k at DSG Juhu. I exchanged this with Nero since I had a bad experience with Nero.

I have it and it's a bliss to use it during hot days. Will post some photos late evening as their website is not updated and is not listed.
I too have a DSG Nero and it is super hot to ride with it in the city. I heard DSG Juhu had DSG Aero mesh pants but they were available only in white colour(I wanted black). When did you buy it? if it is still available then I will buy it.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 15:25   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Arrived today my first step to safety as started riding a TB500. I know these are nothing great in terms of quality but wanted to let beginners know there are some inexpensive options to start with rather than riding without any safety measures till Vitamin M is ready.

This kit includes a pair of ProBiker gloves, Fox elbow pads, Fox knee pads and an unbranded balaclava. All for INR 937 from snapdeal.

The Riding Gear thread-wp_20160209_14_48_44_pro.jpg
Old 9th February 2016, 16:48   #2695
BHPian

^^ good work on snapping that deal
It's completely alright to start with those. But its also important to try and keep upgrading till you reach a comfortable and safe combination of gear.
I think spending at least 10-15% of the bikes price is a good ball park for budgeting for gear.

Don't forget a good quality helmet!
Old 9th February 2016, 16:52   #2696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I too have a DSG Nero and it is super hot to ride with it in the city. I heard DSG Juhu had DSG Aero mesh pants but they were available only in white colour(I wanted black). When did you buy it? if it is still available then I will buy it.
I got them IIRC post monsoons (Aug-Sept 2015). They did have stock for both black and red/white. I chose the red/white combo since it was matching with my Rynox jacket . Apparently I was the first and only person to get that red/white color combo .

Good to hear that Nero is doing good. It is a good pant no doubt, maybe one off case for me where the stitching came off in the second ride. Was scared to replace with same.
Old 9th February 2016, 21:29   #2697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The silk liners worked perfectly for city rides but failed miserably on the open NH1. after much freezing and using local quality winter gloves (no protection) on that ride, I simply went to Adventure18 and picked up the Cramster Tundra gloves. Not perfectly made like Aspida but works excellent in winter. Very happy with the purchase. Now I have separate summer and winter gloves - yay!
Congos on the new gloves. Now lets rain on your parade

I have these too. Hate them!

They are just about as warm as my silk liner + full gauntlet combo. It says waterproof but I can tell you from experience ..... Cramster is lying

So I have a thick bloated glove with multiple layers that has robbed me of all feel for the controls and still does not do what it says on the box

You might find it better as you must wear the silk liner under your "textile upper" spartan gloves, that are meant to aid airflow. I wear mine under full leather gauntlets and its nice and toasty

Oh .... pulled the inner liner out of the fingers yet? Fun times!!!

Old 9th February 2016, 21:44   #2698
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, am going to be in Delhi/Gurgaon /noida for a few weeks this month and I was keen on visiting a few motorbike apparel stores and checking gear out for fit and price. Right from lids to gloves, jackets, pants, boots the whole macarena.

Could the kind folks here recommend stores I can go visit?
Old 9th February 2016, 22:39   #2699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Guys, am going to be in Delhi/Gurgaon /noida for a few weeks this month and I was keen on visiting a few motorbike apparel stores and checking gear out for fit and price. Right from lids to gloves, jackets, pants, boots the whole macarena.

Could the kind folks here recommend stores I can go visit?
Chopra @ Karol Bagh - Regular stuff : MT, LS2, Cramster, Spartan and a few others including nakli A stars

Adventure 18 @ Satya Nitekan

Meandering India near Vasant Kunj

Highnoteperformance @ Lado Sarai - Phoren maal. Rev'it, TCX, Bell, Thor

Have sent you a PM. Lets catch up once you are here
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 22:42   #2700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post

Have sent you a PM. Lets catch up once you are here
Awesome sauce! Looking forward to seeing you and some of your own gear too! You have an envious collection from what I read a couple of pages back!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks