Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2014, 18:12   #15016
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw this at the service station. The front was pretty badly damaged but the cabin was intact. As long as seat belts were used, the driver and passengers would have been safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140213_112816.jpg  

bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 18:42   #15017
BHPian

I think it would it be better if we stick to the pics of accidents that we witness on road or related information reference to some magazine/article.

Yeah, if you go to service station we can definitely see at least half a dozen accident vehicles any time. I believe that's not the actual scope of this thread.

Just my thought guys!
BulZire is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 20:35   #15018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I think it would it be better if we stick to the pics of accidents that we witness on road or related information reference to some magazine/article.

Yeah, if you go to service station we can definitely see at least half a dozen accident vehicles any time. I believe that's not the actual scope of this thread.

Just my thought guys!
I completely agree with you on this. The information should be from the ones that we have witnessed and have pictures or some reference which is authentic. ( I do not mean that all posts without pictures are not authentic but yes pictures do add to the value of the post)

Service centres are full of such vehicles anytime and reporting them alone would not add any value to the thread.
mints21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 16:57   #15019
Senior - BHPian

Speeding Mahindra XUV hits divider, overturns in Noida, six injured.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-speedingmahind33757.jpg

More details here:

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/indi...red-33757.html
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 17:29   #15020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Speeding Mahindra XUV hits divider, overturns in Noida, six injured.
First impression is that this vehicle was part of a marriage party. If so, I pray the bride-groom were not a part of this vehicle.

Looking at the remains of XUV, I wonder how much the speed would have been. Takes some hit to convert an XUV to what it looks now!!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 20th February 2014 at 17:30.
Old 20th February 2014, 17:43   #15021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
First impression is that this vehicle was part of a marriage party. If so, I pray the bride-groom were not a part of this vehicle.

Looking at the remains of XUV, I wonder how much the speed would have been. Takes some hit to convert an XUV to what it looks now!!
Yes, it is marriage party vehicle (as confirmed in the news article), & from the way it is decorated, it appears to be the vehicle in which bride & groom might be travelling back to Noida after marriage got over (my assumption). I wish the injuries are not serious type... God.
Old 20th February 2014, 18:02   #15022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Yes, it is marriage party vehicle... it appears to be the vehicle in which bride & groom might be travelling back to Noida after marriage got over (my assumption). I wish the injuries are not serious type... God.
Lets take solace in this line from the article -

Police said, six to seven persons were inside the vehicle, and were going from Malapur in Nodia to Sonepat for a wedding.

If the bride-groom would have been inside, there would have been a separate reference to that, plus something like "....were going from Malapur in Nodia to Sonepat after a wedding"

Doesn't take away anything from the gravity of the incident though!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 20th February 2014 at 18:04.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 18:19   #15023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Lets take solace in this line from the article -

Police said, six to seven persons were inside the vehicle, and were going from Malapur in Nodia to Sonepat for a wedding.

If the bride-groom would have been inside, there would have been a separate reference to that, plus something like "....were going from Malapur in Nodia to Sonepat after a wedding"

Doesn't take away anything from the gravity of the incident though!
I do not think all facts from police are correct or true... if they were going to marriage function, why would the driver doze off, unless he is overworked (BPO cabbie type) or drunken (police did not verify this or were they paid off to hide this fact).... or the news reporter hasn't collected the facts properly.

Do scribes have any responsibility for incorrect/ incomplete facts like other professionals? I do not think so.
Old 21st February 2014, 12:45   #15024
Senior - BHPian

There was a nasty accident yesterday evening on bangalore-Mysore road, could see an overturned bus on the divider and a truck on other side of the road.
Old 21st February 2014, 14:19   #15025
Senior - BHPian

TOI Report - 50 vehicles pileup on foggy Noida expressway. More details here:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/30751513.cms
Old 23rd February 2014, 11:50   #15026
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, Saw this smashed Alto near Sector 41 market in Noida just 30minutes back.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0576.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0577.jpg

Thanks

AD
Old 23rd February 2014, 16:28   #15027
BHPian

A friend of mine met with an accident in an ertiga last week. He was driving at roughly around 100km/h which is quite high for most of the of the roads here and lost control at a turning and went on to hit a brick wall. He had this habit of driving fast at all times no matter what. Many people including me kept telling him to take it easy but he never bothered. Luckily there was no harm to any of the occupants in the car. The worst part here is the car isn't his. It belongs to a friend of his.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1393152994605.jpg
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 17:13   #15028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
A friend of mine met with an accident in an ertiga last week. He was driving at roughly around 100km/h which is quite high for most of the of the roads here and lost control at a turning and went on to hit a brick wall. He had this habit of driving fast at all times no matter what. Many people including me kept telling him to take it easy but he never bothered. Luckily there was no harm to any of the occupants in the car. The worst part here is the car isn't his. It belongs to a friend of his.
Attachment 1210919
Thank god everyone is safe. It's a lesson for all of us not to take things for granted but be alert under any circumstances.(w.r.t the above case of driving fast all times)
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 12:12   #15029
BHPian

Did anyone notice a Ford Figo which had climbed over the pavement near Graphite India signal in Bangalore? Couldn't take photos because of the traffic.
Old 24th February 2014, 12:27   #15030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Did anyone notice a Ford Figo which had climbed over the pavement near Graphite India signal in Bangalore? Couldn't take photos because of the traffic.
I crossed the scene around 6:20 AM. The rear right of the Sand coloured Figo was badly damaged. Seemed like someone rammed it from the rear right. May be someone was overtaking the poor Figo from the right side (correct side) and pushed it onto the left side of the road, onto the footpath. As usual, cabbies and a few TTs' were pulling up for a free show. I noticed a well dressed man and a lady standing near the car while speaking on mobile. May be calling for help.
My shift starts at 6:30 AM. Hence, I didn't stop and moved on.

OT: What time did you cross this scene ? It is surprising that the cops / the owner did not move the car from scene till so late, knowing that traffic build up on a Monday morning on this road is horrible, adding to curious onlookers.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 24th February 2014 at 12:30. Reason: EDIT: OT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks