Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 13:02   #3196
BHPian

Oh God, Thats a scary accident. Good to hear that you guys escaped from a horrible accident. Thats what we can say is the advantage of the seat belts.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:38   #3197
BHPian

Yup, I thank my stars for the miracle. I hate to say this, but i knew my friend is going to bang the Sumo, I spotted the Sumo well in advance and thought the cross over would be near the turn and if not properly judged is going to cause an accident and thats exactly what happened. He was driving at around 80+ and the car was running with AC On and windows rolled up, my guess is, he didnt judge the speed and the turn.

Phew, i wish it never happens again to me or to anyone for that matter. Hoping for a safe and sane driving.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:10   #3198
BHPian

Accident on ORR, BLR

There was an accident between a lorry and a cab (or was it an auto?) earlier this morning, killing 3 people. Don't have too many details except for the fact that this resulted in a massive traffic pileup in areas as far as Domplur, KR Puram, Sarjapura Raod, Silk board and Koramangala.

A few pics of the mayhem clicked by a colleague..
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image121.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image122.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image123.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image124.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image125.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image126.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image127.jpg  

Last edited by AlokSriva : 19th August 2009 at 14:13.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:21   #3199
BHPian

Yup, me too heard this, it seems, the traffic got piled up for 12 Kms and it took more than 3 - 4 hours to cross the stretch. Many people turned late to office and they were feeling pity for those who are trying to catch a flight, particularly the foreigners with their huge luggage were seen trying a way out to the airport.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:35   #3200
BHPian

RIP

A colleague of mine told me about this accident they had travelled through inner ring road; koramangala to touch EC.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:38   #3201
Team-BHP Support

A dedicated thread to this awful crash.

May the poor soul rest in peace.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ug-2009-a.html

From the information available on that thread, I wish the truck driver is hanged or atleast put in prison for life.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:31   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
There was an accident between a lorry and a cab (or was it an auto?) earlier this morning, killing 3 people. Don't have too many details except for the fact that this resulted in a massive traffic pileup in areas as far as Domplur, KR Puram, Sarjapura Raod, Silk board and Koramangala.

A few pics of the mayhem clicked by a colleague..
Holy cow - are these solar panels which have been knocked off???? I see a helmet too - seems from this pic that somewhere a 2 wheeler was also involved in this accident.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:53   #3203
BHPian

@sonirohit

This was the actual sequence of events:

1. Auto Carrier turning happily.
2. Speeding Sand Lorry comes and buldozes it off to three pieces
3.Impact probably wakes up the drunk/sleeping/insane driver and he tries some magic trick out of his empty driving knowledgebase
4.Truck steers out of control and hits the lamppost
5.The impact bends the post and the Solar panels on top fall off
6.Innnocent bike guy there breaks his back-how I donn know.

The sequence is heard from a good number of people since that guy was a local here who supplied milk to our office.

Sad end indeed-cud have started the day with sumthing less shocking.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:00   #3204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
@sonirohit

This was the actual sequence of events:

2. Speeding Sand Lorry comes and buldozes it off to three pieces
3.Impact probably wakes up the drunk/sleeping/insane driver and he tries some magic trick out of his empty driving knowledgebase
4.Truck steers out of control and hits the lamppost
Did not quite understand after point 2.
What did the lorry driver try after he split it into 3 pieces ?
Oh you mean the driver did something after he hit the milk carrier and rammed the signal post ?
I thought it was all in one shot.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:05   #3205
BHPian

Nope if you have a vehicle that old with zero maintenance and loaded beyond ratings with a sparsely cohesive but heavy element like sand-you really cannot gurantee anything when you turn the steering. The sheer momentum of that entire death trap can bend any laws of physics and cause strange mayhem.

OT Alert:
It was not one shot- after he hit he tried what most of the indian Truckwallahs do-tried to flee and the momentum+shock+alcohol effect ended on that poor lamppost with the lorry overturning and saving the rest of the world.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:08   #3206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
OT Alert:
It was not one shot- after he hit he tried what most of the indian Truckwallahs do-tried to flee and the momentum+shock+alcohol effect ended on that poor lamppost with the lorry overturning and saving the rest of the world.
Ohh! How brave. He really thought he'd get away with mayhem created ?
Alcohol can do wonders to an adventurous mind.
Old 19th August 2009, 20:27   #3207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Alcohol can do wonders to an adventurous mind.
It aint rocket science , most of the sand truck drivers are half drunk. About 2 months back near my house there was a construction going on.
Its 7am and a truck with a load of sand is making its way into our lane. On the right hand side there are 3 cars parked in line, which includes my parents alto too.

The dude was so drunk that he barely could steer the truck and he managed to side swipe all 3 cars which were parked. My parents car was the last in line and the truck was to take a right at the same place. The driver managed to move our car by atleast 3 feet horizontally from where it was parked.

Surprisingly the truck never fell into the storm water drain at the corner of the road.We called the cops and they did a wonderful job. The owner of the truck was called and asked to compensate for the damages. No insurance claimed though, he paid in full cash.
Old 19th August 2009, 20:58   #3208
Team-BHP Support

Most sand trucks are worthless , unroadworthy, no papers, the works.

the sand business is the biggest undercover business - no invoices, no permits, no regulation, only cash.

When an incident happens, it costs nothing to walk away from the truck without a trace
Old 19th August 2009, 21:56   #3209
BHPian

This aweful accident was right opposite to my home and all i hear from the security guard is there were 2 deaths.

one was on spot and the other in hospital :(
Old 20th August 2009, 00:41   #3210
BHPian

Just saw the Linea accident pics.

From experience i can say that the final pics make the condition of car look worse than it would have been at the time of accident. Later on, with Cranes pulling the car body without care, make it an even more mangled piece of metal.

So at the time of impact, the car frame would have held its structure to large extent, allowing passengers to escape unhurt....Solid build alright!

Last edited by markiv : 20th August 2009 at 00:45. Reason: reference to linea accident

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks