Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2021, 08:26   #33871
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Had an incident few days back, I reached a signal and was waiting, a bike came from the right side and tried to squeeze into the gap, between my car and other vehicles. As he tried he just collapsed into the gap damaging my bumper and dislodging it. I guess the guy was drunk and couldn't control his bike in the small gap. luckily I had my dash cam in action.

damage to my car with no fault.....
Good that you had the dash cam. Was he really drunk or disoriented? I guess you should have reported him to the cop at the next signal so that both him and others on the road are safe.

I do this everytime I pass someone who is dangerous on the road. Here's one incident where the auto dude started abusing my wife. I submitted the video at the police station and he was summoned. Of course, the audio is muted .

naveen.raju is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 10:32   #33872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm very sorry for the damage to your car, but that video is the funniest thing I've seen on this thread, which sees far more tragedy than comedy.

What's not funny, is that the guy, looking pretty shaky, probably rode on.
Yes. Everyone found it funny at home.

Yes, I suppose he just carried on, looked around for a traffic police to inform about the guy, but couldn't find one....
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 10:44   #33873
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Everyone found it funny at home.

Yes, I suppose he just carried on, looked around for a traffic police to inform about the guy, but couldn't find one....
@Smileline - my empathies on suffering damage to your beloved ride due to no fault of yours.

On a lighter note - the biker had the most appropriate registration number "420" ;-)
Rajeev1 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 11:25   #33874
Senior - BHPian

A Kerala ministers car met with a minor accident. No clue on how this happened and wondering where is this dash cam located, a bus? or someone taking video?

Last edited by balenoed_ : 30th October 2021 at 11:26.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 12:36   #33875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Good that you had the dash cam. Was he really drunk or disoriented? I guess you should have reported him to the cop at the next signal so that both him and others on the road are safe.
He appeared to be drunk more than disoriented. Checked at couple of signals, couldn't see any cops, so just carried on.
Old 30th October 2021, 13:24   #33876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I am a past owner of a T-Jet and nothing more would warm my heart to see the continued love for this machine. But great as it was, it is past its sell-by date unfortunately.
One freak accident of the Linea roof sustaining the load of an empty container doesn't make it any safer than modern cars designed 10 years later, with much more advanced ECUs managing ABS, ESP , may be better designed and more airbags etc. not to mention the ADAS itself (if the driver is comfortable with it). So I feel a current-gen Astor is still a better bet than a Linea.
Thank you for the insight. Will keep in mind and be open to change when the time comes. The problem I have is the Tjet drives like a dream and have absolutely no issues, aircon is great, Space, comfort and boot space are perfect for our family of 4. With all 4 disk brakes and build like a tank feel very safe in the car. My kids get triggered whenever they travel in their friend's car seeing the latest touch screen infotainment system and that is the only reason why there is always a push to upgrade.
But being the oldie I am, I cannot reason out an upgrade with my conscience just for the infotainment. My budget cannot exceed 12~13 lakhs and the choices are very limited in this range.
I know the time will come automatically when I will have no other option, but to change. I want to wait until that time.
Old 30th October 2021, 14:10   #33877
BHPian

Quote:
I do this everytime I pass someone who is dangerous on the road. Here's one incident where the auto dude started abusing my wife. I submitted the video at the police station and he was summoned. Of course, the audio is muted .

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=rLCUm3mni-g
The auto driver is wrong but the driving is not correct either. The moment you see red in the tail light of the vehicle on your front, it is a signal to immediately reduce the speed or at least reduce the momentum. I see neither being done and instead the speed is being increased when the Innova managed to pass the auto without hitting it. With the slow moving heavy truck ahead, a share auto mostly likely with poor breaks near and an Innova that is trying to dodge the auto, it's all signs to slow down and maintain good distance from these three vehicles till there is sufficient distance and time between all the vehicles. Had the share auto banged into the Innova, which he just missed by a whisker, your vehicle would have banged into both of them.

Defensive driving is a must in Indian driving conditions, especially when there is a truck or bus in the periphery. They take up a lot of space which you can use in case you have to make an emergency maneuver.
CliffHanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 15:49   #33878
BHPian

Quote:

damage to my car with no fault.....
Sorry to see this mate.

Why did you let the person go? With video footage, you have all the evidence to not just get him booked (worst case scenario for the biker), but atleast get him to own up and take some money for the damage?

I ask, not because the amount is not too big or otherwise, but to understand the reasoning? If he had to pay 1-2K INR, he would remember this experience and not do drunk-drive (which might be worst case scenario) or be so impatient.
VT-RNS is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 20:05   #33879
Senior - BHPian

Activa rear ended a Innova on Western Express Highway in Mumbai.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-a174a9090ae24b728db00cb92183d33b.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-6c0052ac736c414e9d4e40ed5550645e.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ee137a377bf640139017061d7b6fc492.jpeg
SnS_12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 15:59   #33880
BHPian

Should we feel bad for these guys or feel that it was well deserved?

https://www.facebook.com/10005195800...1262061282390/
vvivek85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 16:10   #33881
BHPian

Quote:

You can see in advance that the auto started merging. It would have been safer to slow down and wait for it to complete merging. It is better to be little patient on road, we can not drive by the book.
cryptarchy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 00:15   #33882
BHPian

Woahh, came across this on
Instagram

Does anyone have/know any details or any more pics of this accident !!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_202111010010442.png
Old 1st November 2021, 09:06   #33883
BHPian

Another tragic accident during the wee hours. 2019 Miss Kerala winner and runner up killed in an accident at Vytilla, Kochi. There were 4 occupants, 2 being treated in hospital and the 2 killed on the spot.

https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...ident.amp.html

Can't make out what car it is.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-formermisskeralaandrunnerupdiedincaraccident575732.jpeg

May their souls rest in peace.
Jude300 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 09:35   #33884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Another tragic accident during the wee hours. 2019 Miss Kerala winner and runner up killed in an accident at Vytilla, Kochi. There were 4 occupants, 2 being treated in hospital and the 2 killed on the spot.
Sad, car checks out to be a Figo. Judging by the damage, it was travelling quite fast
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 10:05   #33885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post

[/ATTACH]

May their souls rest in peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sad, car checks out to be a Figo. Judging by the damage, it was travelling quite fast
Looks like a Figo Sports from the looks of it. Basically wrapped itself around the tree. Reminder to myself to keep the speeds on my Aspire in check.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed