Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 09:06   #3436
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Safari accident looks terrible, hope the pants are ok ! The jeep rollover...definitely has come down the hill to its resting place...and without a roll cage !! Hope they're ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
Aaaargh! A model T jeep?
Whats a model T jeep ??
Old 10th September 2009, 10:16   #3437
Distinguished - BHPian

Truck overturned near Ashram flyover on Ring Road, Delhi, this morning. Along with heavy rains since last night, the area already had a traffic jam at 7:30AM.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img061.jpg  

Old 10th September 2009, 11:21   #3438
BHPian

I think he would have braked harder and due the load in the truck it would have skidded and would have turnovered.

I remember seeing a lorry skidded in front my car during heavy rain and lucky it didn’t turnovered since it was an empty truck.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:28   #3439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
From the impact marks on the Safari it is obvious that whatever hit it was moving from front to back in relation to the car. This is not possible if the Safari was cutting back in behind the truck - the impact would then have been back to front on the car.

One alternative scenario to what SS-traveller has proposed is that the truck suddenly swerved, slowed or braked perhaps due to his front axle coming loose and the Safari swerved to the right to avoid hitting the lorry and almost made it but got snagged on the hooks at the rear of the lorry. (I am mortally afraid of those hooks, chains etc. at the extremeties of Indian lorries).

I like this hypothesis because it explains how a glancing blow from a 1.5 tonne Safari sent a fully loaded 14 tonne truck flying. In this scenario the Safari did not cause the accident to the truck, on the other hand the truck suffered a mechanical failure and the Safari was an unwitting victim (the dangers of tailgating - chapter 1).

What is the truth? Did the Safari do it? Was the truck the aggressor not the victim? Catch up with the truth after a short commercial break!!

Cheers,
According to the people near the accident site, the Safari guy was at fault. This happened around 4 or 5 in the morning. The driver might have just dozed off. He must have suddenly realised he could not overtake the truck, at this point he would swerved to the left.
Old 10th September 2009, 15:33   #3440
Senior - BHPian

Crashed Accent viva crdi
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01214.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01215.jpg  

Old 10th September 2009, 15:44   #3441
Senior - BHPian

That's a bad one with the Accent. Hopefully the occupants survived since there doesn't seem to be any cabin intrusion
Old 10th September 2009, 15:55   #3442
BHPian

Yup, thats certainly a bad "bang on" collision, since the windshield is intact as well, hope there isnt much injuries for the occupants of the car.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:00   #3443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Yup, thats certainly a bad "bang on" collision, since the windshield is intact as well, hope there isnt much injuries for the occupants of the car.
looking at the pic there are no pillar damages and the wind shield is intact. I think something fell on the bonet. I dont think it was a head on collision. there can be no way the windshield and pillars are intact when so much impact is seen
Old 10th September 2009, 16:05   #3444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
looking at the pic there are no pillar damages and the wind shield is intact. I think something fell on the bonet. I dont think it was a head on collision. there can be no way the windshield and pillars are intact when so much impact is seen
If something fell on it, why is the bonnet sticking out? It is indeed a crash, probably with a small rigid object that is at the height of the grill or somewhere there. You can see most of the damage is around the grill.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:07   #3445
BHPian

+1 to that, probably a lamp post or kind of a pillar, whatever, hope the owner has got insurance intact else will have to shell a lot.
Old 10th September 2009, 19:48   #3446
Senior - BHPian

^^Exactly. Seems to be a lamp post, street light low speed collision.
Old 10th September 2009, 19:56   #3447
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that , doesnt look like anything fell on the bonnet. Looks like this picture was taken in some Hyundai showroom , can see all hyundai cars around.
Old 10th September 2009, 20:13   #3448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
According to the people near the accident site, the Safari guy was at fault. This happened around 4 or 5 in the morning. The driver might have just dozed off. He must have suddenly realised he could not overtake the truck, at this point he would swerved to the left.
Just thought i would add my 2 cents on this safari accident. I was in ooty during this mentioned timeframe and i also happened to witness this mangled safari. There were 4 occupants in the car and they were travelling to Masinagudi via the ooty-gudalur stretch. The safari driver was at fault as it was a case of incorrectly judged overtaking manuover at very high speeds (I heard it was doing around 140 at the time of impact). It happened sometime late midnight, however all the occupants were safe. The person who was travelling with me was a localite in the area and he was describing the sequence of events, he also went on to add the driver of the safari was under the influence of Alcohol which contributed to all this!
Old 10th September 2009, 22:55   #3449
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a badly smashed Swift which had rear ended a wagon r ( taxi ) near Shiv Murti on NH8. The occupants were still inside the car and safe.

This was around 9:45 pm today due to heavy rains in Delhi.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:47   #3450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^ hain?!?!? how did it get up there?
@prince_pervez : thats a Mahindra. It can go ANYWHERE. Got doubts ? Ask the Jeepers on the forum

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks