Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2013, 11:24   #13591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
E250 crash.

Thanks to the German Tank like built quality the occupants are safe and escaped with minor injuries. This happened in Vapi, Gujarat. Got thse pics from a friend.
Looks pretty bad, any idea how it happened?
Old 13th July 2013, 14:01   #13592
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

That is real nasty. & surprising that the passengers walked out. This compliments the German robustness & safety. Indeed, built like a tank.
Old 14th July 2013, 12:03   #13593
BHPian

Here's my contribution , this is the condition of the Etios when one fine morning my friends driver in Lucknow decided to take the car out for a spin after dropping the children to school . Luckily no causalities , driver escaped with minor bruises!!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-etios1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-etios2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-etios3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-etios5.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-etios6.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-etios7.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-etios8.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-etios9.jpg  

Old 14th July 2013, 13:21   #13594
Senior - BHPian

Gosh!! The Etios is in a terrible shape, driver was seriously lucky to escape this without serious injuries. Am glad that his children were not in the car or it would have been tragic.

Almost all the Etios/Liva i have seen in accidents have sustained severe damage.
Old 14th July 2013, 15:25   #13595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjz View Post
Here's my contribution , this is the condition of the Etios when one fine morning my friends driver in Lucknow decided to take the car out for a spin after dropping the children to school . Luckily no causalities , driver escaped with minor bruises!!
Holy God !!

That's a horrible accident !! Looks like a high speed crash.
Damn, everything in the interiors (Speakers, probably ICE) is completely robbed off.

Good that the driver pulled off the stunt only after dropping off the kids. He should be put in jail for endangering the life of fellow road users.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 20:16   #13596
BHPian

My goodness what on earth did the driver tried to do with the car? Was he trying to perform any stunt with the Toyota car to prove its reliability and performance on road! The whole car is smashed from all angles.
Old 14th July 2013, 22:59   #13597
BHPian

Quote:
God thats bad. Thank God that driver is safe. Could you tell me the place in Lucknow where it happened?
Old 14th July 2013, 23:26   #13598
BHPian

Quote:
Your friends driver takes it out for a spin you said. Classic. God bless that there were no casualties. Superb peace of mind if I go by your coment actually.
Old 16th July 2013, 08:29   #13599
BHPian

4 killed, 11 hurt in 3 accidents on Yamuna e-way.This month alone has already recorded nine fatalities, while 21 others have been left injured.The alarming frequency of accidents has raised safety concerns even as the developer of the expressway claims that drivers are over-speeding and, in some cases, even driving under the influence of alcohol.

Source:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c.../21095034.cms?
Old 16th July 2013, 09:15   #13600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
4 killed, 11 hurt in 3 accidents on Yamuna e-way.This month alone has already recorded nine fatalities, while 21 others have been left injured.The alarming frequency of accidents has raised safety concerns even as the developer of the expressway claims that drivers are over-speeding and, in some cases, even driving under the influence of alcohol.

Source:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c.../21095034.cms?
This does not raise safety but stupidity concerns. A great highway is not an invitation to suspend common sense. Problem is that you have a shiny awesome highway but same old stupid road users. What can the hapless developers do? Make speed breakers every 100m like haryana villagers do?
phamilyman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 09:35   #13601
Senior - BHPian

^^^

Yamuna Expressway is truly a gem of a road as I experienced in my recent Ladakh drive when I deliberately took a detour from Jaipur to do the YE drive while going to Noida. It seemed to be the safest drive even at high speeds. Somebody surely has to be utterly stupid or under influence to cause such accidents on such a fantastic well made road which doesn't even have twists and turns and heavy banking to the tune of Mumbai Pune Expressway. One suspect is the smog that forms en-route but still the drivers have to be in their senses to avoid such things. Just to give an idea of what it is like

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1160372.jpg
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 10:01   #13602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This does not raise safety but stupidity concerns. A great highway is not an invitation to suspend common sense. Problem is that you have a shiny awesome highway but same old stupid road users. What can the hapless developers do? Make speed breakers every 100m like haryana villagers do?
There is no such thing as a "hapless developer". The operate part of BOT ought to require them to provide safe driving conditions for all involved. They need to provide (secure) rest stops for fatigued drivers, address visibility concerns, have patrolling to ensure stalled vehicles in the carriageway do not cause hazards and so on.

MSRDC, the MPEW (which I guess is comparable to the Yamuna Expressway) developer gets at least some of this right. Even then, fatigued (or drunk, or both) drivers do cause accidents here too - meaning a lot still needs to be done (breathalyzer checks at the ingress toll gates?).
Old 16th July 2013, 10:03   #13603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Problem is that you have a shiny awesome highway but same old stupid road users.
Their stupidity is more observed on the so called Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
^^
Yamuna Expressway is truly a gem of a road as I experienced in my recent Ladakh drive when I deliberately took a detour from Jaipur to do the YE drive while going to Noida.
It reduces the travel time between Agra and Delhi. It serves its purpose. Back in January i experienced thick fog on way back to Delhi from Agra , and i see people still doing 80+ and tailgating!
Old 16th July 2013, 10:40   #13604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
God thats bad. Thank God that driver is safe. Could you tell me the place in Lucknow where it happened?
HappyRoadie don't have a clear idea where this accident took place but my guess is some where on the way from La Marts to Nirala Nagar

Last edited by sanjz : 16th July 2013 at 10:40. Reason: spelling
Old 16th July 2013, 11:13   #13605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
...to require them to provide safe driving conditions for all involved. They need to provide (secure) rest stops for fatigued drivers, address visibility concerns, have patrolling to ensure stalled vehicles in the carriageway do not cause hazards and so on.
Just in case you haven't seen the Yamuna Expressway and its facilities and are talking in general generically, all of these and maybe more are present there. Yet it is sad that these incidents happen. It only takes a second for things to turn around and people don't seem to realize that. People have to sincerely make efforts to raise their sense of concerns themselves and use these appropriately. Otherwise what is the use of such fantastic infrastructures. I am even skeptical if the recently opened Eastern Freeway of Mumbai is going to see such issues soon unless used sensibly.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks