Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2021, 23:32   #32521
rpm
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
No offense to you, but, sorry to say that the Seltos or Kia fanboys might be cringy(at least they had accepted the fact that Seltos got 3 stars in GNCAP but still happy with their vehicles even after the result) but, Tata fanboys are more cringy and toxic..................I've realized that no 5 star rated car can save a person, who drives the car at high speed and the safety depends on driver's driving not on safety ratings.
I feel that the very last line is partly incorrect. Anyway, I would still like to hear your rationale behind this.
rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 23:48   #32522
BHPian

Quote:

And, finally, I got some pics, where, the Nexon had met with an accident, which resulted in passengers losing their lives, and, after seeing this brutal accident of the Nexon, I've realized that no 5 star rated car can save a person, who drives the car at high speed and the safety depends on driver's driving not on safety ratings.

There are accident, like in case of infamous, highly rated Mercedes-Benz W140 (I hope I am correct here) couldn't save Princess Diana. That doesn't mean that W140 was not better than other 2/3/4-star rated cars. In similar conditions, high rated (read as 5-star) car has more probability than that of low rated ( read less than 5-star) cars.

So I don't see a valid argument in comparing two independent accidents and coming to a conclusion.
manjubp is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 01:11   #32523
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Tata fanboys are more cringy and toxic and irritating as well when compared to the Kia fanboys. Whenever a crash or a brutal accident happens on their Tata vehicle, they are like, thank you Tata for saving the passengers and Thank you Tata for saving us at higher speeds and they even say, " if it is a Tata car in place of any other vehicle of other brands ", the passengers would have lost their lives and they even say that " if it's a Tata vehicle, the truck would have been a total loss ", and, even if any death happens on a Tata vehicle after the accident, they simply couldn't digest the fact and these Tata fanboys simply make fun of people, who had lost their lives while traveling in non-Tata vehicles.

I've realized that no 5 star rated car can save a person, who drives the car at high speed and the safety depends on driver's driving not on safety ratings.
Totally agree. The cringe from Tata fanboys is right out there in the exo-sphere. I can somehow try to live with the "Tata ka Loha - Desh ka mazboot Loha" sort of juvenile comments on any and every accident video on YouTube. What however shocks me right to my core is that people actually write comments like "Aur nikalo FE", "Serves you right for buying a tincan" in the event of serious fatalities or deaths. This sort of callousness makes me thing where we are going as humans.

That being said, Tata vehicles tend to be among the safer choices in their segment. All things remaining the same, I would rather be in a Nexon or an Altroz than a Sonet/i20/Baleno in the event of a crash. This is where the GNCAP ratings matter a lot. In a similar scenario, a higher rated vehicle will always do a better job of protecting its occupants.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 08:30   #32524
Senior - BHPian

I am told the Creta was rear ended by a WagonR, though the other car is not in pic. Not sure if the said story is true, but what is definitely true is Creta has lost its pair of legs.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 09:09   #32525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
https://Youtu.be/I39n0YAq3HQ
... but what is definitely true is Creta has lost its pair of legs.
The comments from bystanders/onlookers is extremely funny. He said "can buy an 800 instead of this (Creta) if it incurred so much damage from a Wagon-R"

Last edited by for_cars1 : 15th March 2021 at 09:11.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 15:31   #32526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No offense to you, but, sorry to say that the Seltos or Kia fanboys might be cringy(at least they had accepted the fact that Seltos got 3 stars in GNCAP but still happy with their vehicles even after the result) but, Tata fanboys are more cringy and toxic and irritating as well when compared to the Kia fanboys. Whenever a crash or a brutal accident happens on their Tata vehicle, they are like, thank you Tata for saving the passengers and Thank you Tata for saving us at higher speeds and they even say, " if it is a Tata car in place of any other vehicle of other brands ", the passengers would have lost their lives and they even say that " if it's a Tata vehicle, the truck would have been a total loss ", and, even if any death happens on a Tata vehicle after the accident, they simply couldn't digest the fact and these Tata fanboys simply make fun of people, who had lost their lives while traveling in non-Tata vehicles.

Such a cringe fanboys I've ever seen.

P.S- I'm not a Kia fanboy or Tata hater, just saying the sad truth about these fan-wars regarding car brands.

And, finally, I got some pics, where, the Nexon had met with an accident, which resulted in passengers losing their lives, and, after seeing this brutal accident of the Nexon, I've realized that no 5 star rated car can save a person, who drives the car at high speed and the safety depends on driver's driving not on safety ratings.
We were discussing about Seltos and suddenly, where did Tata fanboys spring up from? That's uncalled for. It's almost like diverting topic. I am a Tata fan. But, not a fanboy. I have criticized Tata motors aplenty about the way the have refused to provide a proper AT box in their Nexon P/D. A fanboy never criticizes or lets anyone criticize his favorite brand.

Seltos is actually 2-star. Clearing 3-star by a hair's breadth. 2-star rating ends at 8 points and Seltos scored 8.04; not even 8.4. And, posting so many pics of one and the same mutilated Nexon, which we don't know what it had gotten into, to drive home a point that Nexon is an unsafe car appears a bit redundant. Multiple pics of same car from more or less same angle serves no purpose other than highlighting your irritation.

Tata has been stepping on gas, of late, and if that's a source of discomfort to some, so be it. More power to Tata Motors. We need more players and more competition. Otherwise, we will be paying 30 lakhs for a hatchback and 40 lakhs for a mini-SUV in a not-too-distant future, if current trend of galloping prices are any indication.
pgsagar is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 21:37   #32527
BHPian

Here is a picture of alloy wheels after an accident , it looks scary, but will they come off like this ? Just like wheel caps ?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1615824426225.jpg  

Old 15th March 2021, 21:38   #32528
BHPian

Temple Run Gone Wrong ???

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-temple_01.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-temple_02.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-temple_03.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...30388377227286
Sarvodaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 21:47   #32529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Temple Run Gone Wrong ???
By seeing a lot of new vehicles getting involved in crashes, I am more and more worried about the driving skills of people, be it newbie drivers or people who have been driving previously. At least in this case it looks like an accelerator/brake confusion, but in a few others it looks like simply crossing limits of the vehicle. So from now on, if a vehicle with ribbons is noticed, its better to stay away from it, especially if you are witnessing its inaugural ceremony.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 22:39   #32530
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
There are accident, like in case of infamous, highly rated Mercedes-Benz W140 (I hope I am correct here) couldn't save Princess Diana.
She was not wearing a seat belt. The only person who survived had been wearing a seat belt.
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 23:19   #32531
BANNED

Tata Altroz?
Looks like a temple in South India, most probably in Kerala
Old 16th March 2021, 09:13   #32532
Senior - BHPian

Definitely a temple in Kerala. wonder how the car ended up so close to the entry of the sanctum because in one photo we can clearly see the temple compound wall and usually vehicles are not allowed inside the temple compound in most temples in Kerala. The only possibility is it was brought there for pooja. A photo from the front of the car would have given a better idea.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 09:45   #32533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The only possibility is it was brought there for pooja.
How ironic is this situation if indeed it was brought for pooja. But once again the expertise of the driver must be questioned here. New car & driver combination, recipe for disaster as discussed in other threads and also here quite a few times.
Old 16th March 2021, 20:01   #32534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Here is a picture of alloy wheels after an accident , it looks scary, but will they come off like this ? Just like wheel caps ?
Yes! alloys are brittle compared to steel... the break instead of bending like steel wheels... That's why bigger vehicles, trucks, buses come mostly with huge steel wheels and off-roaders with steel wheels or steel-spokes(in case of two-wheelers)

I recent saw an Instagram reel where they run a elantra deliberately over a big pothole and the alloy breaks in a similar fashion
shravansp24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 12:50   #32535
BANNED

Hotel collapses after lorry rams into it in Kalpetta

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-al-hotel.jpg

Don't know if I shall appreciate the build of the AL, or curse the quality of the Hotel. But such a substantial building collapsing due to the impact of a truck, which doesn't even look loaded to the top (Like the ones which carry 30-40 tons of sand) is really shocking. No wonder, the hotel's name is hotel windgate!

The news piece reads:
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-al-news.jpg

Source: Mathrubhumi
VKumar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks