Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2022, 10:39   #34921
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post
Culprit in both the cases. A tractor and a Truck parked on roadside on busy highway.

A completely forgettable March 2022 for me.
My sincere condolences for your losses.

Highways are littered with vehicles parked after a break down without adequate lights / signage especially in the dark. In the day time, some broken branches will tell people that the vehicle is inoperable.

I don't think that any solutions are there in the horizon for this menace, we need to be careful.
Old 4th April 2022, 11:02   #34922
BANNED

Quote:

PLEASE ALWAYS WEAR SEAT BELTS. NEVER EVER NEGLECT. HUMAN BODY CANNOT BEAR THE FORCES OF BEING THROWN AROUND especially at high speeds. Always maintain your composure, keep speeds in check.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Life punishes us from time to time and teaches us important lessons. The punishments are sometimes out of proportion for the mistakes.

But, there's nothing like learning from someone who has been through a lot without going through the direct course from life itself. I wish my friends and family learned from my scooter crash in 2015. After the incident, I spent what seems like an unreasonable amount on safety gear and started taking head-to-toe safety very seriously. I often have to sit through people glorifying cars with 5-star crash test results and downplaying my Nano's safety without realizing that the crash test score means nothing if you're not using seatbelts and child seats.

I wish you and your family a speedy physical and emotional recovery from the trauma.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 4th April 2022 at 11:06.
MaheshY1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 13:42   #34923
BHPian

Quote:
Never thought I would be posting here

This is my Quanto which was sold by me to my cousin 6 months ago. His mother was on passenger side and passed away on the spot. Happened opposite Vijayawada Airport around 4:30 pm today.
Very Sorry for your loss, friend.

It is distressing& disheartening to watch the pictures of the accident . I wish you strength and courage to endure these dark times.

I use that road many a time, even a half a day before, I travelled that section. And it is no exaggeration to say that it is the most dangerous part of the highway coming out from Vijayawada-
1. Extremely congested - this part of highway has to be widened but the cost of land acquisition is huge and hence, it is still not being considered.
2. heavy traffic
3. Disproportionate percentage of heavy vehicles making the congestions much more dangerous
4. lot of carelessly plying 2 wheelers in between the villages
Old 4th April 2022, 17:40   #34924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
This Fortuner with aftermarket alloys of some dubious quality has rolled over six times after one alloy broke.

https://Youtu.be/KHCE4rOnKO4

According to the YouTube commentary the lives were at least saved.

A news on the cartoq page has also appeared based on the YouTube video.

https://www.cartoq.com/toyota-fortun...oy-wheels/amp/
Spending close to 50l on a car and then cheaping out on the alloys. Never understood the mentality of such people. Why bother modifying your car if you are going to use something inferior to the original part, that too for something so major. Anyway, now you have a wrecked car and the insurance likely isnt going to pay out. You lost 50l to save a few thousands, congrats.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 18:31   #34925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Spending close to 50l on a car and then cheaping out on the alloys. Never understood the mentality of such people. Why bother modifying your car if you are going to use something inferior to the original part, that too for something so major. Anyway, now you have a wrecked car and the insurance likely isnt going to pay out. You lost 50l to save a few thousands, congrats.
Most of these owners are second or third owners of such cars. If the owner did it, the brand new car would have got into this. The underbody of this car looked quite old and rusted.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 18:55   #34926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The real reasons are

1. Ignoring the dangers of tired mind and sleep while driving.
2. Not wearing seatbelts.
3. Dropping gaurd and concentration since home was 5 minutes away. Happens with all of us.
Not to mention a complete lack of understanding about one's own skills as mentioned by you earlier:
Quote:
My cousin said he wanted to overtake and provide adequate space to vehicle on right but failed to judge the left side.
I am so sorry for your loss but before your cousin starts driving please try giving him a refresher course or atleast warn him of his own limitations in terms of the skills he possesses and how he ought to drive keeping that in mind.
Old 4th April 2022, 19:03   #34927
BHPian

Just a simple fact each one of us need to remember for the rest of our lives : 80kmph is the maximum safe limit one can drive on our roads.
Do not trust your car and/or your instincts. Car may be fit to drive at 180kmph, your instincts may be as quick as Neo of Matrix but as famously quoted by Ceat Ad, "our roads are filled with idiots", one moron can snatch away your life.

We all are aware how driving licences are issued in our country, the so called strict fitness and road worthy protocols for commercial vehicles, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Always remember, when on road, your life is your responsibility.
Old 4th April 2022, 19:42   #34928
BHPian

The question being asked is whose fault is this?

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 20:06   #34929
BHPian

Has anybody heard of an S-Class dune bashing? Clearly, anything is possible in Dubai !!

Folks at Mercedes HQ better start marketing the G-Wagon properly

The poor bumper is about to rip off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Woah, Looks like the Seltos guy owns the road, So basically anything in his path will be swept away by him. Until our government starts cancelling DL of people like him.

Last edited by RohaNN_kWh : 4th April 2022 at 20:26.
RohaNN_kWh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 20:20   #34930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohaNN_kWh View Post

Woah, Looks like the Seltos guy owns the road, So basically anything in its path will be swept away by him. Until our government starts cancelling the DL of such drivers
I was thinking the same. He is definitely at fault, but then I also looked at the lane markings! Truly hilarious way to mark roads. They separate, diverge and converge within 100 meters.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 20:39   #34931
BHPian

Quote:
Car manufacturers provide something called as a Brake, I wonder if the Seltos driver has ever heard about it.

Last edited by SR-71 : 4th April 2022 at 21:02.
SR-71 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 21:27   #34932
Distinguished - BHPian

Idiot is driving badly even before the crash. He's driving like a bad two-wheeler: if a gap is not there he's going to make it there. But this time it wasn't.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 21:52   #34933
BHPian

Quote:
Without any doubt it's Seltos driver, driving as if he was on a mission to kill. I am happy that this got captured on CCTV, his license should be canceled, and- he should be jailed for months. Only if punishments are severe discipline can be induced.
vvivek85 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 22:36   #34934
BHPian

Quote:
Whats with those lane markings? Have never seen markings split up like train tracks on roads. It seems deliberate and not some wrong alignment of new markings with old ones.
Old 4th April 2022, 22:43   #34935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Whats with those lane markings? Have never seen markings split up like train tracks on roads. It seems deliberate and not some wrong alignment of new markings with old ones.
The left side markings have an aging effect. They were painted at different times as per me. I have never seen such confusing markings myself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks