Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2022, 15:54   #35761
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability. This mishap could happen to anyone when the stray cows charge into your path. The car took a big hit, close call.

https://Youtu.be/LWr0Kbkyxdg
I have been following this channel for quite some time now, and honestly I do enjoy the content.

But something i haven't been able to understand is the lack of awareness and concern, i have seen the person almost always shooting with a hand held device while driving.

Two cameras on the windshield, one facing the road, other facing the cabin with a good quality mic should be enough. I know this is a expensive setup but we are also talking about a youtuber who is followed by lakhs and some of them might repeat this.

Coming to the accident, what he hit is debatable, and we can assume anything, but the fact that he could have not been completely focused on the road could have made all the difference.

I have personally have been in situations where a spit second delay in response has had quite an impact.
kaustavguha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 16:43   #35762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The front member of the Fortuner has a 90 degree bend. Only an impact to a solid/rigid object such as a rear corner of a truck can create such a bend and not by colliding with a flesh and bone cow with no right angles.

Moreover no cow could have walked away from this collision, there are no bloodstains on any of the car parts in the front or on the road. Its a clean metal to metal collision with spilt coolant.

Most likely he rear ended a truck.
I absolutely agree that these vloggers drive in the most horrible manner but want to correct a small bit regarding the front member.

That 90 degree bent object is part of the front bumper, the front crash member is perfectly intact!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot-20220731-162353.png
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 17:16   #35763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

That 90 degree bent object is part of the front bumper, the front crash member is perfectly intact!
True, the intact member would have slid under the truck without making any impact.
This typically happens when a smaller vehicle rear ends a truck. The lower areas of the car remains intact while the upper areas take the brunt.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 31st July 2022 at 17:21.
for_cars1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 19:17   #35764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Let's call a spade a spade. The way he drives is the issue. You're a vlogger, you're famous doesn't mean that you should use one hand for driving and one for holding mobile phone. If you look at most of them, they're more of a nuisance than of any help. Just having a subscriber base of lakhs but acting like this doesn't make sense. When one is driving on our highways and has already seen stray cattle on the road, one should be extra cautious. No idea if he was filming at time of incident or not but today this has happened, later someone else can suffer due to this. A little lapse of concentration can be extremely dangerous, and can be fatal for others too. Why to endanger own or other road user's life?
This guy should be booked by police for influencing people the wrong way. The insurance company should not honour his claim as this amounts to reckless driving... YouTube is now become a Bane rather than a boon nowadays with many wanting to post videos and earn. His drive to extract content from this situation as well is something amusing. Hope someone drives some sense in these fools
samuelv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 19:28   #35765
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I am in full agreement, these guys do put safety aside for filming, there are so many of them. He is lucky to have survived, hope he has learnt his lesson.
Yes, if you wanna record,etc. get a phone holder, or something to at least keep your hands free!

Your eyes, focus and 50% phyiscal control is off!

It's a good thing he survived though.
Old 31st July 2022, 19:35   #35766
BHPian

Remembering a video which stated Indian roads are full of idiots.
A perfect example:

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 31st July 2022 at 19:45.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 19:58   #35767

Our workers have no concept of safety or concern for anyone.

The two-wheeler was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I continue to insist - Almost ALL our RTA officials should be <Insert Suitable Capital Punishment Here>.

9 out of 10 heavy vehicles run without any fitness checks. In this incident - No Spotter / Cleaner (Mandatory for heavy vehicles), No indicators. I'm rather sure he didn't have any working brake lights.

The ladies were in the wrong place at the wrong time - but the fault is fully with the dumper given that he came up from behind the two-wheeler and turned in.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st August 2022 at 05:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 31st July 2022, 20:22   #35768
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability. This mishap could happen to anyone when the stray cows charge into your path. The car took a big hit, close call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelv View Post
This guy should be booked by police for influencing people the wrong way. The insurance company should not honour his claim as this amounts to reckless driving... YouTube is now become a Bane rather than a boon nowadays with many wanting to post videos and earn. His drive to extract content from this situation as well is something amusing. Hope someone drives some sense in these fools
Totally agree. I saw his stories a day before accident in which he was driving and recording while the speed was around 150-155km/h
He deleted those from his highlights after this accident.

Some screenshots from the highlights of his Mumbai trip with XUV 700, lots of going wrong in these pictures if you notice.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vikas.dayal.jpg
LokiPilaniya is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 20:23   #35769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Yes, if you wanna record,etc. get a phone holder, or something to at least keep your hands free!

Your eyes, focus and 50% phyiscal control is off!

It's a good thing he survived though.
Unfortunately he hasn’t learnt his lesson. Hopped on to his YouTube channel just out of curiosity, and he’s posted a video of doing the same thing in a thar! I’d spare no sympathies if he gets into a serious/fatal crash, but I pity the lives he takes with him.

The government should have mandated safety devices in cars that would apply brakes automatically if the steering wheel senses one/no hands for an interval of time. Instead of those stupid 80/120 kph warnings.

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th August 2022 at 06:11. Reason: Spelling. (Brakes)
three10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 22:40   #35770
AKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Let's call a spade a spade. The way he drives is the issue. You're a vlogger, you're famous doesn't mean that you should use one hand for driving and one for holding mobile phone.
This is not the first time. Once this 'responsible citizen' was driving at 130kmph+ in Gurgaon city underpass since his XUV700 was on Temp registration and cannot be issued a challan - worse, he was brazen about it. So much for being a role model, or lack of thereof.
AKB is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 00:04   #35771
BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/LWr0Kbkyxdg
Do we seriously think this car hit a cow? This car just had a collision with a solid object like another vehicle and not a flesh. Looking at the damage, one can easily see this. We need to stop encouraging these stupid people who wants to just make every second of their daily life as a video and make and slap a foolish thumb nail on top of it. YouTube should have proper policy to flag these kinds of videos which are accidents and should not pay them simply. Why they are encouraging people to post and others view the videos of someone suffering.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st August 2022 at 16:01. Reason: Mild toning down (opening sentence). Thanks.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 03:06   #35772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Remembering a video which stated Indian roads are full of idiots.
A perfect example:
https://Youtu.be/aymxtj-e4fc
I am stunned by this. The carelessness of the guy has resulted in a potential death. God knows if the bike passengers survived. I feel really sorry for them.

Watching videos like these, I am tempted to quit driving bikes altogether. In a few years, when I earn enough, I would buy an EV car for city drives and do the office commutes in it. There was a time when I drove my bike from chennai to madurai, and chennai to Bangalore. Now, I have quit driving bikes if it's over a distance of 40km, heck I don't even do the chennai to mahabalipuram bike drives. I discourage my biker friends on long distance road trips. Soon I would only do the grocery shopping on my bike. Nothing more.

Fellow humans, don't lose your life to accidents. It's way too instant. Drive safe.

Last edited by Benoit : 1st August 2022 at 03:15.
Old 1st August 2022, 06:44   #35773

Quote:
I am in full agreement, these guys do put safety aside for filming, there are so many of them. He is lucky to have survived, hope he has learnt his lesson.
I just do not think so any learning comes from this, since the number of views brings in their moolah to keep going and shoot such stuff. It's sheer luck that the person survived, and there is a fine line between learning and madness. This breed is of the latter IMHO.
Old 1st August 2022, 07:31   #35774
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this accident on you tube.
Why is a paid promotion on an accident video ? What/Who is getting promoted by the video ?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic.png
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 08:05   #35775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Why is a paid promotion on an accident video ? What/Who is getting promoted by the video ?
Olymp Trade (an online share trading platform), is what I understood it to be.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks