Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:00   #4981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
28- Feb-10
NH -12, Near Chaksu Village, Distt: Jaipur
Father, Mother, Daughter & Son was in the car. Rear tyre bursted. Car uncontrolled and shunted in a tree. Father, Mother & Daughter dead. Son is surviving for life in hospital. Son is a brillient student and preparing for IIT.

Please identify the car. I think it is FIESTA
Yes, the car is Fiesta. I hate posting this small post, but I am shocked beyond thought after looking at this image. A similar image was seen when a bomb exploded near or under Fiesta. This image is similar to that.

A car that is modern and designed with modern safety in mind can end up in such a state. Shows the energy we carry around when we are driving at high speeds. Fiesta is based on Earlier generation Fiesta ( same as figo IIRC ) which cannot be called a weak car. This image particularly shocked me.
Old 4th March 2010, 00:03   #4982
BHPian

I wrote, what I read in newspaper. But as per my sense, it is not a matter of trye burst. It is 200% drivers mistake.mostly in such cases accident occure first and tyreget burst later but for some reason (perheps insurance) it is told that accident happened because of tyre burst.
Old 4th March 2010, 00:14   #4983
Senior - BHPian

Its hard to say, Alok. A tire burst can lead to the car swerving out of control, and if the car was doing speeds anywhere in the range where the average driver would have difficulty steering it, then no matter what car you are driving, you'r headed for trouble.
Unfortunate incident indeed.Must be the toughest on the guy, having lost 3 family members in 1 go. I'm surprised that he actually made it out, looking at the mess of the car.
Old 4th March 2010, 01:51   #4984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
Read the news in today's paper. It seems the family was traveling to Guruvayoor to celebrate some function for the baby. Why would one take a night journey on a Maruti Omni Van.
I think it's high time that our government take the survey of the vehicles involved in the accident and the vehicles which has high number casualties and then arrive at point to decide whether this vehicle is safe/ give the customers a warning.

As far as I have seen in this thread , An accident with omini there is at least one casualties. we have seen many accidents with frontal impacts and the passengers are safe even though there is no Airbags/ABS. I strongly feel that even seat belts can't save you in Omini.
Maruti itself should be ashamed of producing such van which is not crash worthy and selling this for earning money

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 4th March 2010 at 01:57.
Old 4th March 2010, 07:58   #4985
BHPian

This happened on 01-Mar-10 night. Driver was drunken. No casulty.
Please identify the car. I think it is Honda City first model.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled2.jpg  

Old 4th March 2010, 08:04   #4986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
This happened on 01-Mar-10 night. Driver was drunken. No casulty.
Please identify the car. I think it is Honda City first model.
Looks like a Baleno to me, with the square large tailamps and the black side strip.
Old 4th March 2010, 08:05   #4987
BHPian

Thats a Baleno, Alok! I can see a lotta blood on the side door.. The car seems to have been on its wheels when the blood found its way there..
Old 4th March 2010, 09:11   #4988
BHPian

The baleno also seems to have a FFE or some kind of aftermarket exhaust if i am not wrong. I am not sure if this is how the stock exhaust looks like. Even if the mistake was not the drivers part (which we dont know), features such as FFE will give him a very hard time explaining to insurance.
Old 4th March 2010, 09:14   #4989
Senior - BHPian

One thing I am not able to understand is the fact that, Are car manufacturers putting in sufficient foolproof safety measures? or is it only on paper and to give the confidence to the buyers that these safety features are there in the car. The way these cars are ending up really gives a shock and is always on the back of your mind when on highway or when at high speeds
Old 4th March 2010, 10:10   #4990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
One thing I am not able to understand is the fact that, Are car manufacturers putting in sufficient foolproof safety measures? or is it only on paper and to give the confidence to the buyers that these safety features are there in the car. The way these cars are ending up really gives a shock and is always on the back of your mind when on highway or when at high speeds
If you are taking about the pictures on this page, I don't think any amount of safety could have saved who-ever, looking at the car. The front is completely smashed.

2nd, The baleno doesn't come with air bags and all. Only safety feature is door locks and seat belts. Whats more funny in the picture is that there is sufficient amount of blood on the rear door panel patterning downwards and then the car seems toppled. Thats awefully confusing.

There are very few cars in India which have these features and their manufacturers demand a premium as a favour on us. In many european countries and in the US many people won't touch a car unless they have these as a standard, let alone a favour.
Things are now changing in India. There will be a day where the base models will have these features as standard fitments.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:17   #4991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
shishir_bn, what safety measures are you talking about?

We don't wear seat belts. Airbags, ABS are mostly optional, and present in high end variants. Mostly only front two airbags are made available. And that variant is seldom popular (eg Zxi vz Vxi).

I completely agree with prince_pervez.

Only measure I can think that is in Govt's hand is the built-in speed limiter. Govt tried implementing it for commercial vehicles and failed.

We get what we deserve.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:09   #4992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Thats a Baleno, Alok! I can see a lotta blood on the side door.. The car seems to have been on its wheels when the blood found its way there..
No No James. Thats is not blood. It is the color of HOLI (Big Festival in north india).
Actually the man enjoyed playing color in day time with froends & relatives and enjoyed drink party at evening. Party ended with this crash. there isno casulty, driver escaped safely.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:46   #4993
Senior - BHPian

I read this thread regularly.
Its been very informative sometimes when we discuss about safety on highways, capacity of our vehicles and lot of other stuff.
I have found myself following some of them when I travel (I like and have enjoyed quite a few long drives around). However, lately its become scary, not because of the graphics we are posting here but the thought that leaves me thinking that I dont have 100% control on whats going to happen on the road!
Old 4th March 2010, 13:44   #4994
BHPian

This is what is left of my friends fiesta after he lost control while cornering at high speed. By gods grace everyone in the car is alive.But my friend has a metal rod inserted into his right arm (airbags did their job well,but he was not wearing any seat belts). This happened near electronic city on 10-1-2010.

@shishirAFAIK he slid into a ditch then rammed into a pole/wall not sure. I think he may have been doing some drifting before this happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic4.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic5.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic6.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic7.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic8.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic9.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic10.jpg  

Last edited by rocky080 : 4th March 2010 at 14:01.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:55   #4995
Senior - BHPian

See the driver seat man, He would have been killed if airbags weren't there. The thoughts of my accident just crossed the mind when I saw this. Plain luck. By the while taking the turn did they hit any big vehicle or the road divider?. But he is a pure careless guy I feel. With that speed if he is not wearing a seatbelt then he is responsible for this one. Just with an airbag he survived this crash

Last edited by shishir_bn : 4th March 2010 at 13:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks