Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 18:16   #15226
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
That is the main reason these Volvo drivers continue the rash driving. They know that they will not get hurt even in case of an accident.
Wait, the pink bus is the culprit? There is almost no damage to it while the car is totaled!
Old 12th April 2014, 20:33   #15227
BHPian

Saw this post accident scene at outer ring road, Bangalore on Friday (11th April) around 6 PM. The location is immediately after descending the Mahadevpura flyover, while going towards Marathahalli.

The MAN tipper crashed in to the Polo, which suffered RHS and frontal damages. I overheard someone mentioning that the Polo cut in to the tipper's lane suddenly and the tipper couldn't brake in time. No idea about the Polo driver's view on this. Thankfully, nobody seemed hurt.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic_3.jpg  

Old 14th April 2014, 14:36   #15228
BHPian

Saw this happen in Sector 57, Gurgaon. The van is a police vehicle and was over speeding. The Morons on the bike tried to make a U turn without checking for clearance first. No fatalities fortunately. Minor injuries to one, the second guy's right leg had some major fractures. What infuriated me was that they cops dumped them in the back of their truck while they discussed what to do, made calls, and finally after a good 20-30 minutes they were shifted to the hospital.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo-2.jpg  

Old 15th April 2014, 10:49   #15229
BHPian

Came to know of a horrific accident yesterday at my home town where 2 young school boys passed away.

Place: Harmu Road, Ranchi

Cause of the accident: Head on collision between a school bus and a bike driven by school boys. As bystanders put it, the bike was being driven in wrong lane. No Helmets, Frontal Crash - Bad result for the family of the 2 young men.

Their helmets were locked away. Off late I am seeing a blatant flouting of rules at my home. The roads are good but narrow and the vehicle density high. All this makes the roads slightly more dangerous and add to it, 80% of the bikers do not wear a helmet and 99% of the car drivers do not wear a seat belt.

Sorry state of affairs.

Here is the attached story (courtesy: Prabhat Khabar, the local newspaper). Truly horrific story.

Link to the news story at Telegraph: http://www.telegraphindia.com/114041...y_18191076.jsp
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by pratyush6 : 15th April 2014 at 10:58. Reason: Adding Link
Old 15th April 2014, 11:43   #15230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

Cause of the accident: Head on collision between a school bus and a bike driven by school boys. As bystanders put it, the bike was being driven in wrong lane. No Helmets,....

Link to the news story at Telegraph: http://www.telegraphindia.com/114041...y_18191076.jsp
And then, how beautifully the print media has reported it. Anyone who only reads the headline will think the rashly driven School bus killed 2 innocent students!!!
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 15:13   #15231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Came to know of a horrific accident yesterday at my home town where 2 young school boys passed away.

The Telegraph article clearly states that the riders weren't wearing the helmets. And on top of that, the parents accuse the bus driver.

I believe its high-time that "Riding withou Helmets" & "Driving without SeatBelts" be made 'CRIMINAL' offence with hefty fines (1000+ onwards). All because getting a 'Driving License' is the easiest thing in India.
Old 16th April 2014, 08:01   #15232
Senior - BHPian

Another bus catches fire early this morning. This time, it does not look like a Volvo.

Bus belongs to SPR travels doing Davengere to Bangalore. Incident occurred in Hiryur taluk on the GQ.

Eyewitness say the fire started from the drivers seat area and everyone including the driver panicked and the bus ended up in a ditch on the road side. Fatalities are around 10. Bus driver escaped and absconded.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/bangalore...83-62-129.html
Old 16th April 2014, 08:31   #15233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Another bus catches fire early this morning. This time, it does not look like a Volvo.

Bus belongs to SPR travels doing Davengere to Bangalore. Incident occurred in Hiryur taluk on the GQ.

Eyewitness say the fire started from the drivers seat area and everyone including the driver panicked and the bus ended up in a ditch on the road side. Fatalities are around 10. Bus driver escaped and absconded.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/bangalore...83-62-129.html
There is no mention of an accident in this case. It looks like the bus caught fire while running, probably due to short circuit.
Old 16th April 2014, 11:06   #15234
Senior - BHPian

Whoever is speaking at the end of the news link says the driver rammed the bus into sidewall in an effort to break window panes !! Ramming into the sidewall would mean increased risk of injuries.

Also where is the emergency exit?? I don't see any full size emergency exit in this bus or for that matter most buses ( except Ksrtc ) that ply on our roads. Can't understand on why doesn't everyone put their foot down and refuse to travel in these air conditioned coffins unless there are full size emergency doors , fire extinguishers and hammers inside these AC buses.

Wherever we have to take the bus , we take KSRTC only.

Same way for the Indian Railways. I see one small window called " emergency exit " which is more or less useless to escape in times of emergencies

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 16th April 2014, 12:04   #15235
Senior - BHPian

BBC says there was a leak in the fuel tank. Also mentions Davanagere as a village

Private service is turning out to be disaster as far as safety/legality is considered in all spheres of life in this country.
Old 16th April 2014, 19:15   #15236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post

Wherever we have to take the bus , we take KSRTC only.

Same way for the Indian Railways. I see one small window called " emergency exit " which is more or less useless to escape in times of emergencies
Very well said. Providing emergency exits in private buses means loss of seats, revenue. For them money alone counts. Soon this news too will bite the dust and life will go on as usual.
Old 20th April 2014, 16:37   #15237
Senior - BHPian

I didn't see any mention here of this accident - a complete failure of multiple agencies at so many levels:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/33922226.cms

Even in the local press, this was clubbed with other reports of deaths of pilgrims.

This one is close home because my in-laws' place is just 3km away from the accident spot. In fact, I reached here a few hours afterwards on my drive from Bangalore. The location is a treacherous curve, where your view of the oncoming road is very short:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140419_095119.jpg

It seems this family was returning to Thodupuzha after their visit to Malayattoor church for Easter, when the driver wanted to overtake a bus. He did so at this curve, so couldn't see another bus coming the other way. A 67-year old man and his grandson perished. His wife, two daughters, a son, another grandchild and friend of the son (who was driving the vehicle) are admitted to various hospitals in the vicinity.

I clicked a pic of the vehicle (a Zen from the pre-Estillo era), here it is:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140419_095228.jpg
Old 20th April 2014, 23:39   #15238
BHPian

Not sure if anyone noticed and posted here before..

Saw this damaged car in our Classified. The owner is asking 2.5L for it.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Linea.html/
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-picture_132618.jpg  

500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 08:37   #15239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Not sure if anyone noticed and posted here before..

Saw this damaged car in our Classified. The owner is asking 2.5L for it.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Linea.html/

He is a member . His accident report is here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3379007
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:33   #15240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
He is a member . His accident report is here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3379007
Does not seem related, the link which you have given talks about a Swift accident and this seems like a Linea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks