Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2014, 23:06   #16186
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
The guys who fallen down from the carrier seemed in too much hurry and even started trying to turn the tempo back without even caring that someone might be on wrong side and may get crushed after turning it. Though good thing is that there were lot of policemen and other people around who hurried up to the spot.

Found little bigger footage, there were even kids in the tempo who got hurt :

Last edited by tbppjpr : 8th September 2014 at 23:18.
Old 8th September 2014, 23:24   #16187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc˛ View Post
Got this one from a Facebook group. The bumblebee Cruze, which was recently discussed in Tastefully Modified Cars in India thread has got involved in a nasty crash. Further details aren't available as of now.
No frontal and side impact suggests either rear ending and roll over or lost control and rolled over. Then again, just speculation unless someone can throw some light on the incident.

Anyone know what happened? Feel sorry to see the bumblebee in this state.
Old 8th September 2014, 23:54   #16188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
No frontal and side impact suggests either rear ending and roll over or lost control and rolled over. Then again, just speculation unless someone can throw some light on the incident.

Anyone know what happened? Feel sorry to see the bumblebee in this state.
Perchance, a tree fall.?!
Old 9th September 2014, 05:24   #16189
BHPian

A Karnataka RTC Volvo bus fell off a bridge in Chikmagalur district on Sunday night. 20 people got injured.

Picture Courtesy: The Hindu.
Link: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle6388756.ece
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic.jpg  

Old 9th September 2014, 07:11   #16190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc˛ View Post
Perchance, a tree fall.?!
Can't be; there will be lot more damage (as in crushed) if it were a tree, plus there are lots of scrapes and bruises all over the car which leads me to believe there were multiple points of contact with the asphalt.

Also, looks like it rolled to its right.
Old 9th September 2014, 09:43   #16191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Reporting a major mishap that has happened today on the Film City Flyover in Noida. There were 2 cars involved in it. One was a White colored Honda City and the other was a Xylo as I am told. The Honda City was rear ended so bad that it was first dragged for a few feet and finally it fell off from the flyover from almost 20 feet high elevation.
TOI has a different take -> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/42064086.cms

I often find the below statement from police for any crime that matters -
"Police have received no complaints and are yet to lodge an FIR. "We have not received any complaints from either party," the DSP said. "Once we receive a complaint, we will lodge an FIR and investigate to find out if any of the vehicles were speeding or any of the drivers were driving under the influence"

Why can't police act unilaterally? Why would they expect someone to come forward to lodge a complaint?
sgmitr13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 10:12   #16192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
TOI has a different take -> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/42064086.cms

"Police have received no complaints and are yet to lodge an FIR. "We have not received any complaints from either party," the DSP said. "Once we receive a complaint, we will lodge an FIR and investigate to find out if any of the vehicles were speeding or any of the drivers were driving under the influence"

Why can't police act unilaterally? Why would they expect someone to come forward to lodge a complaint?

Law will act unilaterally only incase of death.

Incase of death, it becomes a case of offender Vs. The State ( government ) and not between two third parties.

It will amount to criminal proceedings.

The motor vehicles law needs certain amount of amendments to suit current times. Else we will increasingly notice the offenders getting away with simple penalties on violations.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 10:17   #16193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Police have received no complaints and are yet to lodge an FIR. Why can't police act unilaterally?
The pro-active attitude is missing actually which leads to such inconclusive remarks by them. As the above report says, occupants escaped with minor injuries, I feel that the look of the cars from inside, specially Honda City did not appear favoring this statement as to what I saw on the news. I agree to report's premise of high speed, non negotiated turn but I have certain uncleared doubts about their conclusions.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:03   #16194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Legally, police can act unilaterally only in cases of offences that are classified as cognizable. On the ground, the problem is that police are generally reluctant to apply cognizable sections of the IPC and other laws because then, it inflates the crime rate in their areas and increases the pressure on the local force.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 11:48   #16195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
A Karnataka RTC Volvo bus fell off a bridge in Chikmagalur district on Sunday night. 20 people got injured.

Picture Courtesy: The Hindu.
Link: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle6388756.ece
I used to think KSRTC buses are safer, but of late the way they drive these powerful Volvos scares me. They might still be safer than private operators but they need to improve.

Quote:

Thank god the car didn't land on some other person or car. It a miraculous escape indeed.
Old 9th September 2014, 14:06   #16196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Quote:
I used to think KSRTC buses are safer, but of late the way they drive these powerful Volvos scares me. They might still be safer than private operators but they need to improve.
The report in Indian express (http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2420576.ece) says:
"A speeding car was coming from the opposite direction with headlights on at full power. Fearing that the car would ram into the bus, the bus driver veered left, which resulted in the bus dashing against the bridge and falling into a deep ditch below. "

When will our car drivers learn ? I see lot of queries in different forums about upgrading the stock headlights of the cars since they are not bright enough (!!). I have driven in this stretch during night and i can say that the high beam of the oncoming vehicle can be a big irritant.

And i saw this in the comments section.

Quote:
The rescue operations were taken by the passengers of another bus which was right behind this airawat bus , A Rajhamsa bus travelling from Bangalore to Sirsi passenger of this bus and other bus coming from shimoga to bangalore rescued the passenger of the volvo bus, police and fire personel came at 2.30am , Passenger from other Rajhamsa Bus broke open the glass of volvo by climbing on it, and also broke open the glass of back side of bus. Passenger enterded the bus and rescued all 22 passenger, they used the shawls and custains to lift injured people from the bus. around 16 people were brought on the road by the passengers. The passengers of Rajhamsa and Karnataka sarige have given there best to rescue the injured. We have to thank the Driver of Rajhamsa bus travelling from Bangalore to Sirsi who saw the bus falling in the gorge . Nor the Police or 108 or fire men were at the site before 2.30am .
I am mentioning this because, my cousin was one of the passengers of that trailing KSRTC luxury bus ( branded as Rajahamsa) which stopped to help the victims. My cousin was one of those who was involved in rescue operations along with other passengers. According to him, the crew of the Rajahamsa saw this bus resting in a ditch and stopped instantly and rushed to the rescue.
Old 9th September 2014, 14:54   #16197
Senior - BHPian

Talking of ill-fated KSRTC Buses, here is another one that just caught my eye while browsing news.

10 Killed is extremely shocking !!

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=261751

Quote:
Ten persons were killed in a ghastly accident between a KSRTC bus and a sand-laden lorry at Koppalamadagu in Mulbagal taluk here on Monday September 8.
The bus passengers were travelling from Bangalore to Tirupati when a lorry laden with sand rammed into it.
Images (Source: Daijiworld) of the ghastly accident.
The right side of the bus is a total rip off.
It looks like an undivided state carriageway, which is under construction of some sorts.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accimk_0809141.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accimk_0809144.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accimk_0809145.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accimk_0809143.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 9th September 2014 at 14:59.
Old 9th September 2014, 15:21   #16198
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ From the pics it looks like the incident happened where NH four laning is in progress. I am always bit scared on driving through roads where widening is on-going than narrow roads.
With the deviations in place you have vehicles running from all the sides. In the same section where accident happened, few weeks back while I was driving the road was blocked for a while for some measurement work by the contractors.

It was a scary few KM's with vehicles overtaking, flashing and honking while oncoming vehicles came from the opposite direction.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 15:31   #16199

A friend was recently in an accident. A truck hit his XUV blindly at an intersection. But he escaped the accident with just minor injuries as air bags in the car worked properly as they should. Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-995074_810207172333770_7150951909607809044_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10609705_807595192594968_1975159605456573158_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10612606_810207309000423_1481465969143958299_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10615398_810207132333774_4299669647345083551_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10641183_810207335667087_8953221932103291890_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10646807_810207222333765_1360614330453703952_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10686965_810207269000427_5236901862889738633_n.jpg  

xKSB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 16:28   #16200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Akash, just cannot imagine being hit or pushed off so hard that a car can go over the concrete railing and fall to the other side.
Quote:
TOI has a different take ->
Quote:
Thank god the car didn't land on some other person or car. It a miraculous escape indeed.
Here is the video footage of the reported accident at Noida.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks