Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Road Safety

Old 17th December 2018, 13:07   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nexon: Global NCAPís first 5-Star Indian car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
1. AFAIK, there is no way to tell from the VIN if it is manufactured after the 7th,though there is a good chance that it is. It IMHO, is better to buy a Jan VIN car in two ways, one you're sure that it is indeed a 5* rated car and two that it'll help you during resale (though you'll have to absorb the cost increase from Jan if any).
Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
I'm in the same dilemma. The top end variant now costs 9.88ex showroom. There is a price hike of 20k expected by Jan. This will push the ex-showroom price more than 10L and along with the price hike and TDS, the OTR will increase by a cool 80k. This is with the exclusion of the offers that are currently on for the month of December (Insurance costs only 6k if you book in Dec). If you bring the December offers into the equation it just looks like too much of money.
I stand corrected. The GNCAP report does mentions the start of the VIN series from which this 5* rating is applicable. Quoting the same below and you can read the full report here.
Quote:
This result is valid for all Nexon units produced as from December 7th, 2018 (from VIN MAT627165JLP51255).
For people looking to take advantage of the December offers, please also checkout Anirban101's post in (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)
Mukund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2018, 05:56   #107

I am extremely pleased to read this. My parents were planning to get a new car as our Vista V2 is basically going to die any day now. Now I can confidently recommend the Nexon to them and chuck Swift plans straight into the bin.
Choerrymotion is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2018, 07:51   #108

This milestone is going to be a huge marketing point for TATA. I pray that they highlight this aggressively.

Once the customer starts asking the crash test rating, like we did with energy efficient appliances, other companies will follow suit.
mbilung is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 10:24   #109
BHPian

I guess this video says something when it comes to the structural strength of the car. They say that "make it light", but when the weaker sections like roof are subjected to such an impact, the fuel efficient light cars are probably the ones in which none of us would want to be. Here is the video, impressed by the way the structure didn't completely cave in or got ruptured, these unipoles are heavy items one should know:

VKumar is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 22:41   #110
BHPian

I have this query in my mind after discussion with folks from industry.

Can a manufacturer decide to cut the quality of metal used in production cars after achieving superior quality material for achieving 5 stars? After an year or maybe even a month?

Not questioning Nexon but a general query
ashishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 22:46   #111
BHPian

As per GaadiWaadi.com, Nexon sales have grown by 20% since the five star GNCAP rating. This shows people are becoming more conscious about road safety. Nexon sales were highest ever in February 2019. In a recent accident, Nexon again proved its strong build when it was crashed with Innova and Creta, Nexon being in the middle. Also look at the damage to Creta.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon: Global NCAPís first 5-Star Indian car-fb_img_1552410773161.jpg  

Tata Nexon: Global NCAPís first 5-Star Indian car-fb_img_1552410766864.jpg  

Tata Nexon: Global NCAPís first 5-Star Indian car-fb_img_1552410770941.jpg  

HarshGtR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 23:05   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
In a recent accident, Nexon again proved its strong build when it was crashed with Innova and Creta, Nexon being in the middle. Also look at the damage to Creta.

Clearly Creta is the one who crashed into Nexon and propelled it forward to Innova. Crashing at such speed, the damage to the Creta is not out of ordinary. Not taking anything away from Nexon, but damage to Creta and even Nexon is as expected in this accident.
ani_meher is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote