Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2023, 19:59   #226
BHPian

Re: Miscreants assault me & damage my car (EDIT: accused now in police custody)

Its been 2 years now.

Wanted to know the progress/pace of the Indian Judiciary in both, Thilak as well as G-BoleroBoy's case.

Hope the progress is encouraging.
Old 31st December 2023, 10:17   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn View Post
Its been 2 years now.

Wanted to know the progress/pace of the Indian Judiciary in both, Thilak as well as G-BoleroBoy's case.

Hope the progress is encouraging.
Unfortunately, I have not gotten any summons from judiciary, and I too have not followed up.
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:05   #228
BHPian

Since I've recently joined team bhp, saw this thread now. This is a case of extreme road rage and I must say the OP acted reasonably facing extreme provocation.

It's also extremely unusual. In most cases the owner of the car would straight go to a fight when the first damage happened. Maybe that won't have been morally wrong either and won't give the perpetrators so much confidence too.

I have left Bangalore in 2010 when traffic situation wasn't so bad. While road rage is prevalent everywhere, I think it's worse in Bangalore.
At Mumbai or Thane City, I see mostly argument.

I once knocked a parked Activa in Vasai while taking a U turn. The guys who were nearby checked the vehicle and let me go as there was no damage to the two wheeler.

Another experience. While returning from office at peak traffic, you try to get to the fastest lane. You tend to do that because you are tired and want to reach back as soon as possible. I remember outsmarting another vehicle a few times who was also trying to beat the traffic. After coming to a free section, that guy suddenly rushed from behind came side by side and yelled. I was actually surprised like what happened??. Anyway he speed away. They were 4 guys in that car to 1 in mine so thank God. This was in Thane.

Another incident, this time in Bangalore back in 2008. I was coming from north side to mg road. At commissariat road, one car behind me was particularly impatient trying to rush and beat the upcoming signal. At MG road signal, the car a large sedan came side to me and saw a lady driver particularly animated. No sound could be heard but she made angry face and hand gestures as to why I didn't speed. I tried to explain by my gesture that I cannot make the slow vehicle vanish in front of me.

Both are examples of road rage in supposedly white collar people. Best to let it go.

Last edited by SidTheChamp : 2nd January 2024 at 12:23. Reason: Added content

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks