Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2017, 11:48   #9166
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

In Mumbai, over the last few years, I have seen a new breed of idiots emerging who must be avoided. The Maruti Eeco model black / yellow cabs.

There are certain areas where these guys take share-cab trips back and forth across a short route. e.g. lower parel / wadala station etc. They usually ply from a Rly Stn to nearby resi / commercial area taking multiple passengers. In their effort to maximise their to & fro round trips, they drive very rashly, go down wrong one ways, take U turns recklessly etc. This is to a point where I recall some Wadala residents actually complaining to cops about these share cabs.

Mumbai people. Do watch out for these jokers if you see one around you.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 19:28   #9167
Senior - BHPian

The Video showing Badly Parked Cars near Sales Tax Office Solapur.
There is roughly any space for a Car to pass between.
The video taken from our Xylo's Driver Seat.

Old 22nd April 2017, 19:47   #9168
BHPian

The most peculiar lot of bad drivers can be spotted during drives on narrow mountain roads. These impatient drivers despite being aware of the fact that the road is narrow as such giving pass won't be easy for the vehicle ahead, still keep on honking relentlessly thus giving anxious moments to the driver ahead. Mostly the heavy vehicle drivers are at the receiving end because due to the width and heavy load of the trucks, they find it quite difficult to move aside and slow down as it leads to breaking of momentum. Have been witness to such scenarios number of times during many trips in the Himalayan region.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:38   #9169
Senior - BHPian

On the Salem Vellore Highway.
This guy thinks that if he flashes his lights he can travel in the wrong direction right in the middle of the highway.

Rather than spend those extra few minutes they think traveling the wrong way is time efficient!
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:46   #9170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
This guy thinks that if he flashes his lights he can travel in the wrong direction right in the middle of the highway.

Rather than spend those extra few minutes they think traveling the wrong way is time efficient!
Absolutely, such careless drivers risk theirs as well as other motorists lives just to save some fuel and time. These scenes are quite common on all four/six lane highways across the country and such grave violations often end up in fatal head on collisions during the night time.
Old 26th April 2017, 15:18   #9171
BHPian

Bikers ignoring signals and surrounding cars is very common head-ache in pune traffic. This is today's incident, was waiting at red signal to take right turn, at first 2 bikers took right turn ignoring red signal, but at least they kept safe distance from my car while taking turn. At 0:22, when signal just turned green and I started moving, a maniac crossed my car from left and scratched the bumper. On top of this, he gave me weird look like I purposely hit his bike.

Old 26th April 2017, 17:45   #9172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post

You are lucky to come across such people who are courteous to flash their lights. There are some experts around us who can drive during night in wrong direction with single headlights (Sometimes, without headlights as well). Just imagine the situation if not diagnosed the problem well in advance
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 19:27   #9173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post

He: Maine nahi maari, tenne aake picche se maari (It's not me, you hit from back) Check in video, he can be clearly heard speaking that around 0:19

In my mind ( I hit from back!!)

Me: Bakwas na kar, camera laga hua hai gaadi me (Don't spread BS, there is camera in the car)

He (Surprised and looking at camera): Camera laga hai!! (There is a camera!!)

Now he returned back without speaking a single word
I bought my dashcam just for this..to avoid 'you hit me'. Most people will backoff just by seeing the camera, they dont even bother to argue or check if the camera is recording !!
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 17:09   #9174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
In Mumbai, over the last few years, I have seen a new breed of idiots emerging who must be avoided. The Maruti Eeco model black / yellow cabs.

There are certain areas where these guys take share-cab trips back and forth across a short route. e.g. lower parel / wadala station etc. They usually ply from a Rly Stn to nearby resi / commercial area taking multiple passengers. In their effort to maximise their to & fro round trips, they drive very rashly, go down wrong one ways, take U turns recklessly etc. This is to a point where I recall some Wadala residents actually complaining to cops about these share cabs.

Mumbai people. Do watch out for these jokers if you see one around you.
You will also find them at CST station, taking passengers to Fort/Foutain, Nariman Point.

They have these 7 str Eeco generally. They make two people sit in the front (generally a male in the middle) as such that the middle person will keep one foot on the left of the gear lever and right foot on the right of the gear lever. So they take one extra passenger. (10 rs extra). They will start off their vehicle in 1st Gear and raise it hard then straight away 3rd gear (to avoid hitting the person sitting in the middle at a wrong place)
Old 27th April 2017, 19:28   #9175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Me: Bakwas na kar, camera laga hua hai gaadi me (Don't spread BS, there is camera in the car)

He (Surprised and looking at camera): Camera laga hai!! (There is a camera!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I bought my dashcam just for this..to avoid 'you hit me'. Most people will backoff just by seeing the camera, they dont even bother to argue or check if the camera is recording !!
I had countless instances of such nincompoops backing off after seeing a camera. One that I remember was at a signal where a local "hero" with a lady riding pillion on the bike took off his helmet from his elbow (probably where his brain is located) and was going to throw it on my windscreen. My crime was, I startled him with a short honk while he was trying to snake his way past the stop line by cutting through the airgaps between bigger vehicles, and in the process about to scar my spanking clean bumper. All I had to do was smile and point to the camera, which brought in some sanity.

One of my requirements with a dash cam is that it has to be rather inconspicuous, but a friend of mine, after seeing some of the dash cam clips from my cam, wanted something that could be seen clearly from outside. He installed a Transcend DP220 which was fixed on the windshield without a power cord for one whole week - he was enjoying the look on the others' faces. Though pricing was not a problem, he stuck to something that acted as a deterrent in addition to capturing the golden moments
silversteed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 01:22   #9176
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Spotted this moron who was driving in his own la la land in the evening. I honked at home, flashed my headlights and he started staring at me like I was crazy! Listening to music is one thing. Watching some videos while driving is insanity that too, with headphones on! Seemed like a series. Pics can do the talking took them when we stopped in traffic.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1493322713.500877.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1493322731.951330.jpg
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 12:52   #9177
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot-20170505100301.png

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot-20170505100324.png

Just saw this vid on YouTube. What is wrong with these idiots! Risking life of passengers inside the bus and of other vehicles. Apparently both the drivers have their license permanently suspended, totally deserved it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th May 2017 at 10:04. Reason: Uploading 2 screenshots :)
Ruchir031 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 16:25   #9178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Apparently both the drivers have their license permanently suspended, totally deserved it.
Let's hope that actually stops them driving!

The worst thing is that it looks as if they are well practised at those stupid manoeuvres and well aware of where it is possible (I didn't say safe) to go "off road."
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 06:49   #9179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Just saw this vid on YouTube. What is wrong with these idiots! Risking life of passengers inside the bus and of other vehicles. Apparently both the drivers have their license permanently suspended, totally deserved it.
I saw the video earlier on Facebook. Do you think the guy who shot the video was actually riding the bike? It doesn't look like a helmet mounted camera as the video shifts around as if being hand held. Also, if it was the pillion who was shooting, wouldn't the biker's shoulder be visible?

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th May 2017 at 10:05. Reason: Removing video from quote :)
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:36   #9180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Let's hope that actually stops them driving!

The worst thing is that it looks as if they are well practised at those stupid manoeuvres and well aware of where it is possible (I didn't say safe) to go "off road."
This is just one incident. This is what happens when buses compete with each other for passengers. So many instances where innocent bystanders get hurt or maimed happen daily. The worst part is that people prefer to take the faster bus and thus faster = more passengers = more money.
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks