Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 22:41   #9046
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
So this just happened...
=======
I don't have any recordings, so I am not sure if I can approach the cops for any violations.
I checked. No cameras at the junction either.
For those who know this is the no right turn after Gurukripa Hotel leading to Sion Circle. Mumbai.
Is this the signal with Cafe Vrindavan on the right corner where you turn left for Dharavi or go straight for Chembur under the skywalk ? My office is around there and I see these idiots daily along with bikers going the wrong way

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th February 2017 at 10:54. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 16th February 2017, 23:49   #9047
Distinguished - BHPian

I have to confess that I see more women driving aggressively now. But no, I don't accept your "No offence" or your "hundred times" because thousands of times it is "us males."
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 14:52   #9048
BHPian

Maroon colour Thar TN-10-AQ-2661 with LTD and couple of other Team-BHP stickers was driven very rashly. Continuous honking, literally barging at signals, cutting across lanes

Just because you own a Thar, that doesn't mean you have to bully other people!

The way you cut across vehicles at Kathipara flyover was just pathetic!

Humble request - Please remove those Team-BHP stickers.

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 20th February 2017 at 14:54.
Prodigy07 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 01:18   #9049
Distinguished - BHPian

There were jokes about the world needing smartphones so much that everyone would be bending down swiping and touching the screens all the time, its a joke no more.. the same behavior is found everywhere, be it a coffee shop, a restaurant, while crossing a road and at home/office.

Today I found something a bit more disturbing, a phone was held/taped into place at the left side spoke of the steering wheel, not sure how it was fixed into place but it was and it turned in circles as the steering turned as well. It wasn't used for navigation as far as I could see, WhatsApp was running from the looks of it.

Amazingly stupid. Not only would this hinder the grip at the steering wheel, it would also distract the focus away from the road. Bangalore is becoming notorious in its tech image, notorious in a terrible, terrible way of course.

Last edited by dark.knight : 22nd February 2017 at 01:26.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:49   #9050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post

Today I found something a bit more disturbing, a phone was held/taped into place at the left side spoke of the steering wheel, not sure how it was fixed into place but it was and it turned in circles as the steering turned as well. It wasn't used for navigation as far as I could see, WhatsApp was running from the looks of it.

Amazingly stupid. Not only would this hinder the grip at the steering wheel, it would also distract the focus away from the road. Bangalore is becoming notorious in its tech image, notorious in a terrible, terrible way of course.
It's available as an accessory almost everywhere

Such a stupid thing yet people buy it. Just like fixing the media player on the rearview mirror.
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:12   #9051
BHPian

Quote:

Are you referring to this kind of holder? I have seen a cab driver using it during my recent hire and he was using it mostly for directions. And, I did not see it interfering with the steering maneuverability.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-51to9f7650l.jpg
Old 22nd February 2017, 20:49   #9052
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this scene recently when walking and on the opposite side of the road that had a good amount of vehicles moving around:
Little girl, maybe 5-6 year old riding her bicycle on extreme left (not wearing a cycling helmet) and she is being accompanied by a middle aged gent on a motorbike, riding slowly next to her (good that he is accompanying her, but hey - he is not wearing a helmet and this is a busy Main Road ). And there are several vehicles zooming past them but both of them keep riding slowly.

I just hope such parents/guardians of children first understand the risks they're taking and what kind of bad examples they're setting for the young, impressionable minds!
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 01:52   #9053
Distinguished - BHPian

This happened in the evening today, an SUV came to the back of the car and honked when I was waiting in red, I let it be and looked ahead, again a honk, I remembered that it isnt wise to give him space to move ahead as I'd be breaching the stop line and Bangalore police were on the hunt for line breachers these days.

One more long honk, flash, and slow turn to the left and I had it, it was almost green so a moved a bit ahead only to have him come to the left side of my car. As the driver of the SUV looked out to see and I did the same, I realized that this was a known person to me via professional circles and he realized the same as well. While we've always had professional interactions that were formal and neutral in nature I simply couldn't resist myself, I lowered the glass and chewed him out for honking in a red and pushing me ahead. Then I moved away without even bothering to look back and removed him from the contacts list on the phone.

I'm sure many would've just given an exclamatory oh hi! in such situations since no one would like to drill sense into familiar people, but to me nothing is bigger than ethics and morality, if he showed none I'm not obliged either. I'm going to straighten out anyone familiar to me if they are at fault. Anything less and we'd be spotting bad drivers all over the place.
Old 23rd February 2017, 09:51   #9054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This happened in the evening today, an SUV came to the back of the car and honked when I was waiting in red, I let it be and looked ahead, again a honk, I remembered that it isnt wise to give him space to move ahead as I'd be breaching the stop line and Bangalore police were on the hunt for line breachers these days.
My Wild assumption: He could also be, by chance, trying to signal you that your friend is just behind your car.
Sometimes, I too hear these kinds of honking. Upon looking at them, I find them that they are either my friends or someone known to me. Their intention would not be to overtake you or jump signal or anything like that ! They just want to signal you that they have seen you at some place at some time.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:24   #9055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today I found something a bit more disturbing, a phone was held/taped into place at the left side spoke of the steering wheel
This is the thread for you
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...cessories.html (To-be-avoided Car Accessories)
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 12:35   #9056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Are you referring to this kind of holder? I have seen a cab driver using it during my recent hire and he was using it mostly for directions. And, I did not see it interfering with the steering maneuverability.
Attachment 1611327
I don't think it has any business being fixed to the steering wheel. On 90% of the time it might not be an issue but remaining 10% it might and that is when you realize your mistake.

Of course i'm just randomly throwing percentages around but you get the idea i hope.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:32   #9057
Senior - BHPian

So this popped up in my news feed:

Shah Rukh and Son in a convertible driving around.

SMH :(
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:41   #9058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So this popped up in my news feed:

Shah Rukh and Son in a convertible driving around.
And that Dangerous biker and the Pillion as well. Look at the way the rider goes to the other side of the road (with the Pole in center @ 1m24s) and catches up with the Bimmer from the other side.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:34   #9059
Senior - BHPian

Please follow the below link to learn the basics of driving in a jiffy.

http://m.wikihow.com/Drive-a-Stick.

But be aware that the lessons also include such gems as this:

Quote:
One cool thing about having a manual transmission is that you can kick your car into neutral very easily and just "coast." Perhaps you reached the top of a mountain and are now going downhill. Instead of accelerating by shifting, you can let the car accelerate by putting the car into neutral.
No wonder this thread is 604 pages long.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:51   #9060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Please follow the below link to learn the basics of driving in a jiffy.

http://m.wikihow.com/Drive-a-Stick.

But be aware that the lessons also include such gems as this:

No wonder this thread is 604 pages long.
Am I correct when I say while driving downhill, it is not advisable to shift to neutral, as I may lose control of my car?

Answered by wikiHow Contributor
Yes. Going neutral downhill can lead to brake wear and tear, and a potential accident. Always be on engine power while downhill.

It's been answered in the same page!
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks