Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
video says its private.

Sorry, Published it now.
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:44   #8927
Senior - BHPian

I spotted a bad passenger yesterday. They had kept their baby on the back metal parcel shelf of an autorickshaw. Its above the engine and gets pretty hot. Also the rear "windscreen' plastic was torn open.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 20:11   #8928
BHPian

Bad driving seems to be increasing and i am really worried that the so called educated folks are sometimes worse than the uneducated ones.

1) Near the gachibowli DLF signal, its a daily affair that "techies" who are in a hurry chose to flash their headlights and drive on the wrong side to enter the DLF park road. They do this during peak traffic and flashing headlights is not a safety gadget ! And this happens exactly in front of the police station and no one seems to bother.

2) Today saw an employee of a popular IT company in Raheja mindspace parking his Innova at a no parking area and blocking the exit gate of one of the buildings. By the time security guys came to speak to the driver of the Innova, he left the place and came after 20 minutes later. He was seen arguing why can't people use the remaining space to go as he cannot park his car far away from his office building when in hurry.

3) Two guys and two females on an activa - All wearing a popular IT service company badge and merrily riding inside the tech park. Yes, 4 people on an activa.

4) The tech park/campus are generally having low speed limits but hardly any adhere. Its very common to see two wheeler and four wheeler driven rashly inside the campus. No one seems to bother about this menace.
Old 9th January 2017, 10:31   #8929
Senior - BHPian

A hapless man trying to drive his brand new Innova down the steps at the Cathedral Church Pala - Kerala.

Looks like he mistook the steps for the approach road. Should have stopped right at the start. Guess the UV credentials gave him false hope to get away with it.

deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 11:14   #8930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Guess the UV credentials gave him false hope to get away with it.

Oh man, this is nuts! Did he manage to get his car out of there without any more damage? I doubt it but damn, sad to see such a visual for our precious vehicles. I'd never ever even think of trying doing it with any of my lovely rides.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th January 2017 at 18:53. Reason: Please avoid quoting Youtube link. Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:58   #8931
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Ecosport parked right in the middle of the road. Apparently the car was parked behind a couple of cars in front but now it is right in the middle of the road. It seems it was driven by a lady. And a doctor too.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20170111_144902.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 16:45   #8932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Spotted this Ecosport parked right in the middle of the road. Apparently the car was parked behind a couple of cars in front but now it is right in the middle of the road. It seems it was driven by a lady. And a doctor too.
How is this even possible? I am just trying to understand why would someone do it purposely?
Old 11th January 2017, 17:22   #8933
BHPian

If I am not wrong this is the lane where you have 'Cafe Mangi' and opens up right next to Hiranandani bus stop on JVLR.

This is a very common practise on this lane as there are many offices, restaurants and parking space is rare. This lane is not a throughfare and frequented by share-autos and people workingthere.

I am not justifing the wrong parking, just pointingout the topography of that place.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 11th January 2017, 19:10   #8934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
How is this even possible? I am just trying to understand why would someone do it purposely?
Its not on purpose but impatience to find a parking slot which will not obstruct the traffic. One parks wrong and rest follow. The usual excuse is they would be back in just a couple of minutes. Educated people parking this way is make them even more shitty offenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
If I am not wrong this is the lane where you have 'Cafe Mangi' and opens up right next to Hiranandani bus stop on JVLR.

This is a very common practise on this lane as there are many offices, restaurants and parking space is rare. This lane is not a through fare and frequented by share-autos and people working there.
Yup thats the lane. Agreed that parking is rare but does not give anyone any rights to park their vehicles badly. Its not the daily wagers who park it wrong, I can understand they do it for their living. But educated people driving Mercs, Audis, BMWs and many high end cars stop right in the middle of the road for a puff or for a snack. They cause the majority of jams in that stretch. I have written numerous times to the traffic cops but they prefer to turn blind and deaf too.
Old 11th January 2017, 19:31   #8935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Yup thats the lane. I have written numerous times to the traffic cops but they prefer to turn blind and deaf too.
Its not going to help writing to the cops, Have a look at the 2 share-auto stands that operate from that lane. Now-a-days these share guys have even started making people sit in the front with the driver to earn extra bucks. I bet, both of these share stands are illegal. Even if they are not, these extra passangers are surely being ferried withe full knowledge of the traffic cops.

The other problem with this lane is the valet parking done by the restaurants. They with impunity park all over the lane in the name of valet parking, again surely not happening without the knowledge of the cops.

P.S :: I hope you remain anonymous while writing to the cops, I would not bet on the cops leaking out info of complainants to the rogue groups.

Regards
Dieseltuned

Last edited by Dieseltuned : 11th January 2017 at 19:33. Reason: added a line
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 13:20   #8936
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning on my way to Langford town, stopped for the traffic light at Shoolay circle to turn green. There was a motorbike rider stopped next to my car, a young chap probably a college student or a courier delivery boy. He had a helmet but it was resting on his left arm. I could not resist an attempt to drive some sense into him. Rolled the glass down and told him, he's taken the right first step by having a helmet but without wearing it, will not help save his head in case of an accident. His expression turned sheepish and without a word he put the helmet on and even locked the strap clip. I wasn't expecting this at all, thought he'd retort by asking what's my problem, so the world is still sane!

Glad that I could at least influence one rider to follow the helmet rule for his own safety, made my day

Last edited by NPV : 13th January 2017 at 13:22.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 13:46   #8937
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off topic, but I think it is relevant. We should have a new thread for spotting good drivers and sharing their actions in similar way that we are doing for bad drivers.

When we spot them, if possible and feasible, we can also ask their name, profession and tell them that their good action will be published in Team BHP site. This will have 3 benefits

1. They will be motivated to take good actions further in future.
2. Our Community objective of building a better driver society will be achieved.
3. Our Team BHP community will also get nearer to more people.

Please let me know your thoughts so that I can create a new thread on this

Last edited by gkveda : 13th January 2017 at 13:51.
Old 13th January 2017, 13:54   #8938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
We should have a new thread for spotting good drivers and sharing their actions in similar way that we are doing for bad drivers.
Today, finding a good driver is indeed a heartwarming experience to say the least .

So we have this thread that talks a lot about such good drivers and narrates few stories as well, mostly related to good driving, driving to help others, drivers becoming good Samaritans etc:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...s-road-37.html
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 18:21   #8939
BHPian

People don't realize that in a two lane road, if they try to get ahead of others in the left lane by overtaking, they are not actually saving their time but adding to the traffic jam and finally ending up in wasting more time and fuel in the process.

Had everyone traveled in a straight line, the journey of 1.3km could have been done in less than 5 mins. Thanks to some highly intelligent and time conscious people, people need more than an hour to cross this bridge of 1.3km length.

Pic of Saraighat Bridge, Guwahati. Taken from a Facebook page.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-16105726_10154629045765804_8490688495860322205_n.jpg  

TD_GHY is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 18:36   #8940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
People don't realize that in a two lane road, if they try to get ahead of others in the left lane by overtaking, they are not actually saving their time but adding to the traffic jam and finally ending up in wasting more time and fuel in the process.
But this is India! Our motto is "Leave no empty space unfilled!"...

... which - come to think of it - might also explain our skyrocketing population levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The only wish I have is to install nails on the lane marker on this service road.
If the authorities start deploying (and monitoring) one-way traffic spikes, it might help deter some rule breakers.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-a_tssfc34view10in.jpg
Image courtesy trafficspikesusa.com

Last edited by arunphilip : 13th January 2017 at 18:55.
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed