Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 15:47   #8791
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

I would've left a note asking him/her to check out the picture on this thread
Old 19th October 2016, 19:43   #8792
BHPian

I am seeing a growing trend in Delhi, especially in West Delhi. Motorists will take the following path. They will wait for the signal to turn green and block the left turn. I see this every time at the Delhi Cantonment signal, the one after Jail road when driving towards Dhaula Kuan and also at the other end of Jail road, Hari Nagar Depot Chowk. Have seen the same on 2 major T-junctions on Pankha road.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-idiots.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:22   #8793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I am seeing a growing trend in Delhi, especially in West Delhi.
Attachment 1568064
You are mistaken. Welcome to South Delhi. Even the Gramin Sevas, E-Ricks do the same
Old 20th October 2016, 12:46   #8794
BHPian

Yesterday, for the first time, I saw a gent using the car hazard lights correctly while driving. It was not to indicate that he intends to go straight. But to let the cars behind know that there is an actual hazard ahead, in this case, cattle straying on the road.

I know this is the wrong thread but I'll still post it nonetheless as we don't have a dedicated thread to laud good driving habits. And that too in Delhi-NCR.

Mods, please feel free to remove the post.
lordvader is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 13:07   #8795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I am seeing a growing trend in Delhi, especially in West Delhi. Motorists will take the following path. They will wait for the signal to turn green and block the left turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
You are mistaken. Welcome to South Delhi. Even the Gramin Sevas, E-Ricks do the same
Both of you are mistaken. I am sure someone from Lalbagh area in Bangalore moved to Delhi and from then on this has started becoming the trend there probably.

Jokes apart, here, even Trucks, Office Buses and what not do the same thing in one such junction. At least, the picture you depicted and as per your explanation, they go straight. In this junction, there's no straight.., but either a left or a right. So, you obviously know where they go!
vnidta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 14:14   #8796
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
......someone from Lalbagh area in Bangalore moved to Delhi and from then on this has started becoming the trend......
That's harsh on the poor chappies! Some junctions like Lalbagh have so many signals for merging roads it gets difficult to keep track of the lights sometimes.
Old 24th October 2016, 09:57   #8797
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Wise men say that God resides in each of us. They also say that to realize that completely one should try to be spiritual and caring, meditate and be helpful and ultimately after years of tapasya one will reach the stage where one can appreciate and feel that power within him. Well I say this was true in olden times. In today's era, it's much simpler and a half an hour job, an hour at maximum.

Confused? The answer is simple. Drive on any NCR road and you will feel the same way. Not just that God resides within you but a step further than that. You are GOD. You have the divine power of deciding who lives and who doesn't. Everyone out on the road seems to be trying with full honesty and eagerness to challenge your patience. If you decide not to brake, change lane and let him come in the wrong lane ( I.e while heading in opposite direction) and what not, they are all dead meet. If you decide to relent you have saved his life. The day you would not the guy will be under your car, dead or crippled. Pedestrians and two wheelers form the biggest chunk of such mortals who test you. During my hour long commute, everyday without fail i atleast save 3-4 lives on an average. It's such an overwhelming and empowering feeling.

Last edited by drmohitg : 24th October 2016 at 09:59.
drmohitg is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 12:56   #8798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Both of you are mistaken. I am sure someone from Lalbagh area in Bangalore moved to Delhi and from then on this has started becoming the trend there probably.
Oh I know the junction that you speak about! It started with autos (no surprises there) , then two wheelers , cars and now even buses. Its so frustrating to be a cop . He cannot do anything except take pics and report the incident as the people who break the law are in vast majority.
Old 24th October 2016, 14:58   #8799
BHPian

I'm sick of Delhi Police parking and stopping their Innova's anywhere and anytime they please. They don't give a crap if the roads are narrow or already packed, they just sit there sipping their tea, oblivious to the bottlenecks caused.

Their laziness nearly lead to getting rear-ended last night, The cop driving could've easily stopped behind or ahead of the truck.

Barapullah elevated expressway. Tyre screech is from the Dzire behind me @ 21 sec mark.

Staying with DP, here's a great example being set by them. No helmets (wearing caps) and jumping a red signal @ 31 sec mark. Can't really say who's aping whom by the number of people jumping the signal at will.

Last edited by harsh79 : 24th October 2016 at 15:03.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 16:01   #8800
Senior - BHPian

Late braking
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 16:31   #8801
Senior - BHPian

His was a narrow escape. Never understood what makes people take such insane risks to save a few minutes.

And what were you doing on the right lane all the while?
Old 28th October 2016, 16:42   #8802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
His was a narrow escape. Never understood what makes people take such insane risks to save a few minutes.

And what were you doing on the right lane all the while?
Not my video, mate. I believe it is Tirumala Tirupathi, one way.
Old 28th October 2016, 16:47   #8803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Not my video, mate. I believe it is Tirumala Tirupathi, one way.
my apologies. and had no idea there were one way hill sections. learning for the day
Old 28th October 2016, 16:52   #8804
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
And there is no point in speeding on the Tirumala Ghat roads, because the authorities would time you at the Alipiri Checkpoint once you have descended the 7 hills. You are supposed to reach the checkpoint only after a stipulated time(40 minutes). So, even if you speed, you will have to kill time waiting a few 100 metres before the Alipiri checkpoint, just to beat the 40-minute rule.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/20928652.cms
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 17:36   #8805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like he forced the bus to brake for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
And there is no point in speeding on the Tirumala Ghat roads ...
I think this is done just for the thrills. Which is stupid, dangerous, arrogant and entirely couldn't-care-less for anybody else's safety. Or, the driver usually drives a two-wheeler, and sees that as a "natural" overtaking point. Which is stupid, dangerous, etc etc

Most Viewed