Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 20:06   #8851
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

This is from today. No amount of honking reaches their ears. I was already on the right lane for overtaking the two wheelers when the guy suddenly decides to take lead.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 20:19   #8852
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
One more from today, I experience atleast two idiots a day!
Hi Prasanna - I suppose you meant 'I experience at least two idiots a day per KM' because that is what I feel behind the wheels.

My personal experience is that I notice considerable increase in the number of vehicles on the road on Wednesdays & Thursdays compared to other week days.

This is Not taking into consideration Subh-Muhurtham days or other festival / pre festival days.

But I observed this phenomena in Bangalore as well as in Coimbatore. Could be e mental thing too.

Anyone in the same boat?
Old 16th November 2016, 22:30   #8853
BHPian

This joker blocked oncoming traffic at Koramamgala wipro signal by going and standing in oncoming lane even when 130 seconds remaining
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1479315520028.jpg  

Old 16th November 2016, 23:29   #8854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
... when 130 seconds remaining
There are occasions when it does not seem so unreasonable to keep hand on horn for a whole two minutes. Not that he would have cared.

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 15:00   #8855
BHPian

How do we tackle this issue of not using helmets in political party rallies, protest rallies?
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-15107192_1148960268527580_4925415242623630220_n_1479461275901.jpg  

Old 18th November 2016, 17:03   #8856
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
How do we tackle this issue of not using helmets in political party rallies, protest rallies?
Why target only political rallies? First tackle the issue of not using helmets amongst common man. Once he understands, everything will fall into place. These hooligans in the picture above come from that common pool only.
Old 18th November 2016, 18:19   #8857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
I don't think there is anything that anyone can do with a 'mob' such as this. What will however work (sadistic rant) is that one of the leaders who rides upfront in such rallies falls down, hurts his head and the Dr declare that he could have been saved if he was wearing his helmet and then the followers issue helmets to all of them with his photo.

Until something like this happens, it is hard to see this mob change.
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 20:22   #8858
BHPian

Perhaps if life and vehicle insurance policies include a clause (if not already included) of being rendered null and void in the event of a non-helmetted policy holder meeting with an accident it would knock some sense into these blockheads.
Old 21st November 2016, 13:24   #8859
BHPian

Driving in Delhi for me is now a major headache. With bikers stunting around to auto rickshaws and bus drivers not giving a damn about other vehicles/pedestrians, it's really difficult to drive without almost getting hit on your car.

Recently on punjabi bagh flyover at around 7 pm the traffic was slowly moving and ahead of me was a guy in Ritz. I had a safe distance from him, as traffic ahead of him started moving I slowly started moving ahead too when suddenly that idiot decides to shift into reverse and moves back so he can change lanes and bangs into my car leaving my 11 months old City with it's first accident leaving a dent, that too on the bonnet which cannot be fixed and plastic grille crack. What's more disturbing is his brakes or reverse light both weren't working and the guy had so much attitude that he blamed me for his stupidity. After calling the police and him threatening me to pay him no claim bonus turns out he doesn't have his cars RC, or valid insurance. His insurance expired 5 months ago!

This incident has left me disturbed on driving ethics of people in Delhi, although in a minority it still saddens me how people use public roads as race tracks.
Ruchir031 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 13:43   #8860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
This incident has left me disturbed on driving ethics of people in Delhi, although in a minority it still saddens me how people use public roads as race tracks.
I agree with you on all things except this part. It's not in minority but majority of the drivers are like that. And their kids learn from them and hence the vicious circle continues. A month ago my father was walking to the nearby temple when a Honda city after crossing him decided to suddenly reverse without looking in the ORVM. It would have hit him if he didn't get out of the way. Alarmed and in panic, he hit the car's boot with his hand to alert the driver to stop. The car was being driven by 2 school kids ( lots of schools in my area). The co-passenger shouts that how dare you touch our car. My dad replied that they were almost going to run over him. The driver replies back that uncle ji you want to go home safe or fight with us here! Thankfully my father showed common sense and came back home, shaken and disturbed. That's the state of Delhi drivers.

On a side note did you involve the cops finally? The guy would have got in serious trouble for driving a car without insurance.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 13:53   #8861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Alarmed and in panic, he hit the car's boot with his hand to alert the driver to stop.
Glad to know he got off safe. It's horrible not how just they weren't aware of their surroundings but how they didn't even have basic manners on how to talk to an elder person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
On a side note did you involve the cops finally? The guy would have got in serious trouble for driving a car without insurance.
Yes, I got the cops involved. The guy called nearly all of his family and with some contacts with the local police station guys he managed to escape by bribing. I was returning from Panipat and headed towards the airport as I had my flight at 10:30, being late already and stuck there at 9 pm I just decided to get rid of him and the corrupt officers/constables without wasting further time.

Last edited by Ruchir031 : 21st November 2016 at 13:57.
Old 21st November 2016, 15:29   #8862
BANNED

Although posted in some other thread, still couldn't resist sharing the act of these daredevil bikers here:
Old 21st November 2016, 16:49   #8863
Senior - BHPian

@Vkumar: The lady on the bike. How dare the car driver disturb her while she's on the phone?! Couldn't he see she was standing on the line which is like the lakshman rekha and will protect her from anything on the road?!

end sarcasm! my god, she was too busy giving evil looks and not realizing the danger she is posing to herself and to others.
Old 21st November 2016, 17:08   #8864
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
@Vkumar: The lady on the bike. How dare the car driver disturb her while she's on the phone?! Couldn't he see she was standing on the line which is like the lakshman rekha and will protect her from anything on the road?!
1) The point she has parked her motorcycle is around 100 meters or maybe lesser from the merging point of two busy roads. I was on the straight left one, all fine. If anyone was on the right hand side road which is taking a turn to reach this point and overtaking the bus, the situation would have been grim then.

2) She has not parked her motorcycle on 'Lakshman Rekha'. The motorcycle is occupying at least 2 feet space in the lane with the rear tyre inside the lane and her foot on the 'Lakshman Rekha'. Well, she is a woman and keeping a foot on 'Lakshman Rekha' is enough for her to be called innocent.

Quote:
end sarcasm! my god, she was too busy giving evil looks and not realizing the danger she is posing to herself and to others.
My car didn't touch her but maybe some grinding noise from brakes etc would have made her look back (no RVM on bike). I thought she will push the motorcycle ahead but all she did was turned back, checked that bag type thingy and ignored. She looked ahead and carried on her phone call!
Old 21st November 2016, 18:13   #8865
Senior - BHPian

I was being sarcastic. She had no business to do what she was doing where she was doing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks