Team-BHP - Bangalore - Wayanad: Route & Accommodation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Wayanad: Route & Accommodation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/102166-bangalore-wayanad-route-accommodation-22.html)

Made the trip to Thirunelly. Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Kutta - Thirunelly. Thank you @kala and @rajeevraj for the inputs. Didn't take public transport.

Hi,

I am going on a 3 day, 2 night trip to Wayanad this Friday morning. I will be staying at a resort from CHD at Sultan Bathery.

I am more or less sure about the route that I am going to take - its going to be the scenic route:

Electronic City - HD Kote - Bavali - Kuruvadweep - Sultan Bathery

Please let me know if this route is ok.

Also, looking for some pointers on places that can be covered in these days - esp. the not-to-miss ones.

I will be driving in a car.

Thanks
J

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphukan (Post 4105428)
Hi,

I am going on a 3 day, 2 night trip to Wayanad this Friday morning. I will be staying at a resort from CHD at Sultan Bathery.

I am more or less sure about the route that I am going to take - its going to be the scenic route:

Electronic City - HD Kote - Bavali - Kuruvadweep - Sultan Bathery
Please let me know if this route is ok.
Thanks
J

Route should be good and conditions are also pretty good except that it is a little narrow in the forest section and also the stretch from Kurva Dweep on wards to Bathery side maybe a little patchy. Assume you are aware that this will be slightly longer than the regular route.

Also, you don't actually touch HD Kote. The route is Mysore-Handpost-Bavali.

Hi,

Planning a road trip from Bangalore to Wayanad next weekend. Starting point is bellandur/sarjapur road area and the destination is Vythiri Resort, Lakkidi P.O, Kalpetta in Wayanad.

Since this is my 10-month old daughter's first longish road trip. Thinking of breaking the journey at Mysore both ways. Primarily because have been planning to take the kiddo to Mysore zoo. So can club that with this trip.

What I wanted to know was which route to take from Mysore to Kalpetta. I don't mind a longer route but would want one with best roads, since am travelling with an infant.

Thanks in advance :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg (Post 4107466)
What I wanted to know was which route to take from Mysore to Kalpetta. I don't mind a longer route but would want one with best roads, since am travelling with an infant.

Take the standard route from Mysore:
Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundlupet-Sulthan Bathery-Kalpetta-Vythiri

You can easily join the Nanjangud Road (ask for Mysore Palace or look for Ooty direction signboards if in doubt) after your visit to the Mysore Zoo.
Some diversions due to road widening work between Mysore-Nanjangud, will also have truck traffic but should be manageable.

If you're traveling on a weekend, you'd be better off starting early from Bangalore and having a leisurely and long break for breakfast and then head to the zoo (check the timings). However, bear in mind that the Zoo visit is quite tiring and you still have a good distance to drive to Vythiri from there.
The 2Km drive from the highway up to the Vythiri Resort used to be like an off-road track at some places, do check with them on the current condition. It may be tough on low GC hatchbacks and some sedans.

Quote:

Since this is my 10-month old daughter's first longish road trip. Thinking of breaking the journey at Mysore both ways. Primarily because have been planning to take the kiddo to Mysore zoo. So can club that with this trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4107474)

If you're traveling on a weekend, you'd be better off starting early from Bangalore and having a leisurely and long break for breakfast and then head to the zoo (check the timings). However, bear in mind that the Zoo visit is quite tiring and you still have a good distance to drive to Vythiri from there. .

Totally agree with NPV. The Mysore zoo is quite big and it will be tiring carrying your kid around ( pram might help to some extent ).

Leave the zoo to Mysore only trip and enjoy Wayand on this one.

Quote:

Thanks in advance :)

Route as NPV mentioned. I don't think you need to break at Mysore both ways( I assume you mean staying over?). One way is fine as you want to visit the zoo. But otherwise it is around a 6hour drive max from Belandur. I would suggest a straight drive to wayanad when going. On the return, leave post lunch, reach Mysore by evening , stay over , visit the Zoo the next day morning and head to Bangalore.

Once you leave Mysore you have stopping options at gundlepet for rest rooms and freshen up for the baby. But after that you don't have any option to stop till you hit sultan bathery. So plan accordingly depending on your stopping needs.

Quote:

Take the standard route from Mysore:
Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundlupet-Sulthan Bathery-Kalpetta-Vythiri

You can easily join the Nanjangud Road (ask for Mysore Palace or look for Ooty direction signboards if in doubt) after your visit to the Mysore Zoo.
Some diversions due to road widening work between Mysore-Nanjangud, will also have truck traffic but should be manageable.

Thanks a lot. Shall call up the resort and check about the last mile condition too.

Quote:

However, bear in mind that the Zoo visit is quite tiring and you still have a good distance to drive to Vythiri from there..

Quote:

Originally Posted by m8002? (Post 4107486)
Totally agree with NPV. The Mysore zoo is quite big and it will be tiring carrying your kid around ( pram might help to some extent ).
Leave the zoo to Mysore only trip and enjoy Wayand on this one.

Was planning to stay overnight in mysore both ways. I guess zoo visit with overnight stay should not be a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 4107487)
Route as NPV mentioned. I don't think you need to break at Mysore both ways( I assume you mean staying over?). One way is fine as you want to visit the zoo. But otherwise it is around a 6hour drive max from Belandur. I would suggest a straight drive to wayanad when going. On the return, leave post lunch, reach Mysore by evening , stay over , visit the Zoo the next day morning and head to Bangalore.

Once you leave Mysore you have stopping options at gundlepet for rest rooms and freshen up for the baby. But after that you don't have any option to stop till you hit sultan bathery. So plan accordingly depending on your stopping needs.

This seems like a nice idea. Shall follow your advice.

I will be visiting Wayanad next week and I am looking for some below information.
* I will be starting from Mysore around 7.30 in the morning and planning to take Mananthavady route directly to Banasurasagar Dam then will be checking into my hotel in Vythri. Last I did was 3 years back and there was non existing tar road near the outskirts of the National park. Is it still the same or it been relaid, can I get some latest update on this route.
* For my return journey, I will be visiting Mangalore and google suggests me to take Mananthavady-Kutta-Madikeri route. If someone has traveled in this stretch, please share the information about the route condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonHawk (Post 4108926)
I will be visiting Wayanad next week and I am looking for some below information.

*1 . No issues. Patchy roads just as you reachMananthavady, nothing to be worried about. The forest section you mentioned is done now and not a worry.
Couple of weeks back I traveled in this section, it was foggy in the morning. So do watch out for the same.

*2 Only did till Kutta from Mananthavady. Again, good roads. Not sure about Kutta - Madikeri route, however have heard from others that it is good now.

It was very foggy last week morning making driving not easy, same was the situation in Mysore City on the ring roads.

Hello,

I will be doing Bangalore - Wayanad (Alattil) over the Christmas weekend.

This is the route I'm planning to take.

Bangalore (BG Road) --> NICE road --> Mysore road (NH 235) till Srirangapatna -->Mysore ring road --> HD Kote (SH 33) --> Kattikulam (SH 33) --> Mananthavady --> Alattil (SH 59)

How is the road condition beyond Mysore? Driving Honda City with its "excellent" ground clearance :-)

Appreciate pointers from recent travellers. Merry Christmas !

Best,

Quote:

Originally Posted by catchmeifuwant (Post 4113452)
Bangalore (BG Road) --> NICE road --> Mysore road (NH 235) till Srirangapatna -->Mysore ring road --> HD Kote (SH 33) --> Kattikulam (SH 33) --> Mananthavady --> Alattil (SH 59)

For a 5 am start, this might be fine but any later and Mysore road will be a mess. You could consider Kanakapura - Malavalli - Bannur - Mysore ring road as an alternative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by catchmeifuwant (Post 4113452)
Hello,

I will be doing Bangalore - Wayanad (Alattil) over the Christmas weekend.

This is the route I'm planning to take.

How is the road condition beyond Mysore? Driving Honda City with its "excellent" ground clearance :-)

Appreciate pointers from recent travellers. Merry Christmas !

Best,

Road condition is excellent from Mysore till Kattikulam (went only till here), don't be bothered about the GC of your City, I don't recollect any large humps as well. Reached Mysore around 6 am and there was very thick fog in the city and on the Kattikulam road till around 8 am.

Google maps suggested taking left at the Mysore ring road signal (against the normal right) while going from Bangalore and I went with Google.

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 4113518)
For a 5 am start, this might be fine but any later and Mysore road will be a mess. You could consider Kanakapura - Malavalli - Bannur - Mysore ring road as an alternative.

Thank you procrj :thumbs up. My plan is to leave early to avoid the Mysore road mayhem.

I was looking for pointers on road condition beyond Mysore up until Wayanad.