Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2023, 16:27   #1261
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Hey guys, need help in deciding best possible route from Asonora Goa to Hyderabad. We will be travelling first time to this route. First we decided to holiday in Goa only but my son insisted to visit Ramoji filmcity so want to travel to Hyderabad from Goa. As I am completely new to this route hence need help to decide best route.
Old 22nd January 2024, 00:15   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.Kapz View Post
I have two hotels to recommend

1. Fern Residency, Vijayapura - use it when the family dog, Gabbar, is not accompanying us.

2. Kanthi Resorts, Badami - when Gabbar is with us, since it is pet friendly. About 85 kms further than Vijayapura, but serves the purpose well.
Is Kanthi still pet friendly? Its website say pets bot allowed.

I am planning a Hyd to Honavar trip and was checking if this will be a good night halt.
Old 18th February 2024, 11:43   #1263
BHPian

Has anyone used the Goa Hyderabad route recently? If yes,please share route taken and experience with respect to road surface,availability of hotel etc.Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:01   #1264
BHPian

oops no updates on this recently. I was looking for some updated information as I was planning a trip on 1st March. maybe I will update the tread on my return
Old 23rd February 2024, 12:49   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhugs View Post
oops no updates on this recently. I was looking for some updated information as I was planning a trip on 1st March. maybe I will update the tread on my return
Hyderabad - Solapur - Sangli - Chikodi - Sankeshwara - Dasara Chowk - Gadhinglaj Chandgad rd - Naganwadi - NH66 Pundalik Nagar - Tilari Nagar - Assonora - Mapusa.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 15:01   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hyderabad - Solapur - Sangli - Chikodi - Sankeshwara - Dasara Chowk - Gadhinglaj Chandgad rd - Naganwadi - NH66 Pundalik Nagar - Tilari Nagar - Assonora - Mapusa.
Thanks, I know the Goa routes, having done this circuit several time so I assume you are suggesting this is the best route currently. Also can you also please suggest a pitstop for breakfast on this route as I always struggle to find a good eating joint on the way irrespective of the route taken?

Last edited by bhugs : 23rd February 2024 at 15:02.
Old 13th March 2024, 20:11   #1267

We are planning a trip on 22nd March and thinking of HYD>Solapur>Sangli route. We are a family of 4 with 2 young ones. Planning to start from HYD at 3 AM and reach on the same day to Goa. Is the above route good or we can take Raichur route. Would appreciate an input on this. Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 10:38   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnbi View Post
We are planning a trip on 22nd March and thinking of HYD>Solapur>Sangli route. We are a family of 4 with 2 young ones. Planning to start from HYD at 3 AM and reach on the same day to Goa. Is the above route good or we can take Raichur route. Would appreciate an input on this. Thanks
I did the Sangli route on 1st march and it is better than the Raichur route which I have done several times in the past. Since you are with young ones this also makes sense as this route does have some pit stops for bio breaks and food unlike Raichur one. You can have breakfast after crossing Ichgaon Toll Plaza. Up to Solapur you will be on NH and after that it will be SH which does slows you down and takes you through 1-2 towns but it is still better than other route.
bhugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 16:45   #1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhugs View Post
I did the Sangli route on 1st march and it is better than the Raichur route which I have done several times in the past. Since you are with young ones this also makes sense as this route does have some pit stops for bio breaks and food unlike Raichur one. You can have breakfast after crossing Ichgaon Toll Plaza. Up to Solapur you will be on NH and after that it will be SH which does slows you down and takes you through 1-2 towns but it is still better than other route.
Thanks for this information. I understand that Solapur to Sangli is a state highway but does it have a road divider ? Starting at 3 AM from HYD, reaching Solapur by 7 AM and Sangli by 11 AM with 1 break for Breakfast, does it sound achievable ?
Old 20th March 2024, 20:37   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnbi View Post
I did Hyderabad - Goa drive last November. I took different routes for both sides. I felt my North Goa to Hyderabad return route to be the best. Route was : Candolim-Kohlapur- Sangli (bypass)-Solapur-Hyderabad. I did this route in 13 hours with 45 mins break included. Roads were very good with less stress on the driver and the machine

While going to Goa, I took Hyderabad-Solapur-Sangli- Belgavi- Panjim(I fed Cavelossim, south Goa on the map once I was on Ghats). This route took 15 hours. Horrible roads esp. post Belgavi, there is a shortcut road through some jungle for Goa after Belgavi, but it gets closed after sunset, hence we couldnt take it. The roads between Belgavi and Ghats were proper off-road tracks for my Thar, it was quite scary too, as it was night. The Thar coped up well, I had to engage 4H as well on some stretches but overall it became tiring and made us very late. Belgavi had no bypass which meant traveling through the entire city. On the whole, I would say avoid this route. For both the journeys I started at 6 am.
AMG1 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 17:02   #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
I did Hyderabad - Goa drive last November. I took different routes for both sides.
Thanks for your inputs here. We will leave early in the morning tomorrow and have finalized the below route for onward Journey..

Hyderabad>Solapur>Sangli>Kolhapur>Nipani>Chandgarh >Vagator : with this I will be skipping Belagavi. I am hoping that Kolhapur to Vagator wouldn't be too bad. Also, that HYD to Kolhapur should be an easy drive.

I shall post detailed travelogue once I am back.
Old 25th March 2024, 18:03   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
I did Hyderabad - Goa drive last November. I took different routes for both sides. I felt my North Goa to Hyderabad return route to be the best. Route was : Candolim-Kohlapur- Sangli (bypass)-Solapur-Hyderabad.
Thanks. Good to know this. What route did you take from candolim to kolhapur ? Did you go via Amboli ghat ?
Old 25th March 2024, 20:22   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Thanks. Good to know this. What route did you take from candolim to kolhapur ? Did you go via Amboli ghat ?
The route is Mapusa Dodamarg Tilari ghat -Gadhinglaj- solapur - humnabad- hyderabad. I took this route last week and it goes through Tilari and not Amboli ghat. Road conditions are good to excellent except for a small stretch in Gadhinglaj where you will find diversions as work is on progress. This is a much better alternative to Ajara - Amboli where there are no roads for a 30 kns stretch.

Bear in mind that the Tillari ghat stretch is quite steep and remember to honk around bends
hothatchaway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 20:27   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
The route is Mapusa Dodamarg Tilari ghat -Gadhinglaj- solapur - humnabad- hyderabad. I took this route last week and it goes through Tilari and not Amboli ghat. Road conditions are good to excellent except for a small stretch in Gadhinglaj where you will find diversions as work is on progress. This is a much better alternative to Ajara - Amboli where there are no roads for a 30 kns stretch.

Bear in mind that the Tillari ghat stretch is quite steep and remember to honk around bends
Thanks - yes, have done Tillari ghats once about 2 yrs back - quite steep. At the time, the ghat roads had been freshly laid and had sparse traffic in the afternoon - so was very enjoyable.
Old 1st April 2024, 14:51   #1275

Okay, so we completed our Trip (22nd -28th March) in our Brand new Harrier.. HYD to GOA (Vagator) - It took us 12 hours 30 minutes including 3 small breaks and 1 lunch break of about an hour. While doing HYD to GOA, we took HYD>Solapur>Sangli>Nipani>Gadhalganj>Chandragarh>T ilarinagar>Mapusa>Vagator... Roads were EXCELLENT throughout except some diversion at Gadhalganj..

This will be our permanent route to North Goa now.. even for South Goa, We would prefer this one.

Ghat section near Tilari Nagar is very short but too steep, while going down the ghat road wasnt that big of a deal but I am sure climbing up would have been slightly difficult.

While coming back, Google map took us through Amboli ghat which we regretted later. While the ghat section road is okay, there is a good stretch of about 30-40 kms where construction is going on. This route must be avoided atleast for next 1 year. Ajra-Nipani link road was a breeze though..

For me the best section of the road was Solapur>Sangli>Solapur.. 200 Kms of non-stop drive at 120 kmph cruise without any hassles. This stretch can be done in 2 hours (I did so)...

We stopped at the same place (Amar - Pure Veg) near Nipani for lunch. It has a great ambience, good food and very hygienic toilets.
xlnbi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks