Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2023, 00:37   #1216

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkgogia View Post
Just travelled back from Goa via Hubli. Tried the Hubli yellapur Karwar Betalbatim (South Goa) and the ghat route via Anmod on our return. Totally agree with @gajadonga on the road conditions. The longer route via yellapur is the definitely the better. Took about 5.5 hours from Hubli to Betalbatim. The other route is shorter and also takes lesser time but there is a stretch of 10-15km which is bad and takes a toll on you and the car as well.
Yellapur to Karwar - did u take SH6 or NH52 which then intersects NH66?
Old 23rd March 2023, 10:46   #1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel_Pari View Post
Yellapur to Karwar - did u take SH6 or NH52 which then intersects NH66?
We took the NH. It’s a great road except for the fact that it isn’t a tar road, saw a couple to trucks experience tyre burst on that hot afternoon.
sachinkgogia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:11   #1218

After much research I short listed 3 routes -

1. Hyd - Humnabad - Solapur - Sangli - Belgavi - Tinai Ghat(NH748) - Goa.
This route seems to be the longest but has most route 4 lane divided roads. But Tinai ghat route is bit harder to negotiate it seems.

2. Hyd - Humnabad - Kalaburagi - Vijaypura - Hubbali - Yellapur - Goa.
This route is usually taken by Hyderabadi residents. From Vijaypura its NH52 all the way. Vijaypura can be reached taking NH52 from Solapur avoiding Kalaburagi. Imo better for reaching south Goa.

3. Hyd - Raichur - Hosapete - Hubballi - Goa.
Almost all blogs asks to avoid this route but this is the default route shown by Gmaps.

My priority is good 4 lane divided roads. I am ready to take few km of detour if the road is worth it.

Recently bought a Ciaz and want to enjoy the trip with minimal traffic and better NH roads. I have visited Goa few times before as well. So driving has an upper priority than the destination.
Neel_Pari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 19:15   #1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Traveled Last weekend to Goa and back.
Very informative with detailed condition of road. I am also planning visit to south Goa from Hyderabad on 2nd of April. With your post, i conclude that road via Raichur and Hubali is in good condition currently. I need your opinion sir as you tried both the routes via Humnabad- Vijayapura and Via Raichur- Hubali. Which one do u suggest sir? As per Google maps, via Raichur-hubali is shortest route and taking lesser time. Will it be ok if I take this route?

Last edited by bblost : 27th March 2023 at 21:22. Reason: reduced size of quoted post.
Old 28th March 2023, 11:16   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzppraveen View Post
road via Raichur and Hubali is in good condition currently. I need your opinion sir as you tried both the routes via Humnabad- Vijayapura and Via Raichur- Hubali. Which one do u suggest sir? As per Google maps, via Raichur-hubali is shortest route and taking lesser time. Will it be ok if I take this route?
The road via Raichur Koppal Hubli Karwar South Goa is also good .
If you can manage the speed breakers and about 40 kms of road that is average between Manvi and Sindanur rest is all okay.

Gulbarga Vijaypura Belgaum route.
Jevargi to Belgaum also has lots of speed breakers nearing the villages and small towns.

Tinai ghat seems to okay in the present condition and have to manage some road deviations for about 15 kms.
Chorla amd Amboli both seem to be not in good condition from the previous posts that I read.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 12:30   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel_Pari View Post
After much research I short listed 3 routes -

1. Hyd - Humnabad - Solapur - Sangli - Belgavi - Tinai Ghat(NH748) - Goa.
This route seems to be the longest but has most route 4 lane divided roads. But Tinai ghat route is bit harder to negotiate it seems.

So driving has an upper priority than the destination.
Then take 1 option. Most are 4 lanes, but be careful of uneven/potholes roads in MH.
One section after crossing Solapur you can makeup good time as its a new expressway. Can do good speeds till Sangli. From sangli road is a narrow single lane, crossing through villages till you reach NH48. Rest all good.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 10:02   #1222
BHPian

Neel_Pari, did you travelled to Goa yet? If yes which route did you took and what was the condition?
I have been to Goa several times in the past from Hyderabad and have mostly taken Raichur route, though sometimes have travelled on Gulbarga route as well but mostly on return. I have found that if you start early(4 am like I do) you can pass busy stretches like Mahbubnagar and Raichur and thereafter road upto Belgaum is smooth.
I am planning a trip again later this month so would like to know the latest road conditions and if there have been any good food joints as in the past I didn't found any on this route till Belgaum at least.
Old 14th June 2023, 16:52   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
The road via Raichur Koppal Hubli Karwar South Goa is also good .......
I am planning a trip to Goa sometime soon. When I last drove to Goa, I had used the Hyderabad>Sedam>Gulbarga>Bijapur>Belgaum>Varca route for the onward and return legs. On both legs, we had halted overnight at Bijapur.

For a number of reasons, this time round, we can only start from Banjara Hills around 10.30 in the morning. Since I am not comfortable driving after dark, we will necessarily have to stopover at some place en-route.

Any suggestions regarding the route, keeping in mind the overnight stop. Last time we realised that the hotels in Bijapur left much to be desired in terms of hygiene factors.

Belgaum has some good hotels but I think it will be a bit of a stretch if you consider the late departure from Hyderabad.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 17:04   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I am planning a trip to Goa sometime soon. When I last drove to Goa, I had used the Hyderabad>Sedam>Gulbarga>Bijapur>Belgaum>Varca route for the onward and return legs. On both legs, we had halted overnight at Bijapur.

Gulbarga has some good hotels but not in the bypass unless some new hotels have come up now.
Balagkote you can try .It is also close to the Badami world heritage sites.
If you are going via Hubli they have some good hotels
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 17:30   #1225
BHPian

Quote:

For a number of reasons, this time round, we can only start from Banjara Hills around 10.30 in the morning. Since I am not comfortable driving after dark, we will necessarily have to stopover at some place en-route.

Any suggestions regarding the route, keeping in mind the overnight stop. Last time we realised that the hotels in Bijapur left much to be desired in terms of hygiene factors.

Belgaum has some good hotels but I think it will be a bit of a stretch if you consider the late departure from Hyderabad.
You should be able to make it to Vijayapura before dark. Not sure whether you have tried the Fern/Kyriad there? They look fine. Else you can try an alternative route via Hubli. They have some pretty good hotels as well.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 21:14   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Gulbarga has some good hotels ...........
Balagkote you can try ................ If you are going via Hubli they have some good hotels
Bagalkote did come to mind. Clarks Inn have a hotel there probably because of the proximity to Badami. Gulbarga might be an option on the return trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
You should be able to make it to Vijayapura before dark. Not sure whether you have tried the Fern/Kyriad there? They look fine. Else you can try an alternative route via Hubli. They have some pretty good hotels as well.
No, we didn't try Fern/Kyriad. Stayed at Hotel Pearl and woke up in the middle of the night to find the bed crawling with bugs. Left post haste around 4.00 in the morning.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 08:43   #1227
BHPian

Quote:

I just did Hyd -Goa trip this month via Bijapur but didn't touched Belgaum on either journey. However I am sure even if you start by around 10:30 am you shall be able to reach Belgaum by 6-6:30 pm and you have many options there. the best being Sankam Residency(with a buffet breakfast my family is a fan of) as its close to the highway so easy to get in and get out.
bhugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 09:46   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhugs View Post
I just did Hyd -Goa trip this month via Bijapur but didn't touched Belgaum on either journey. However I am sure even if you start by around 10:30 am you shall be able to reach Belgaum by 6-6:30 pm and you have many options there. the best being Sankam Residency(with a buffet breakfast my family is a fan of) as its close to the highway so easy to get in and get out.
I think we stopped at Sankam Residency the last time for breakfast. Excellent spread and great service, if it's the same place.

As a matter of interest, what were the routes you took for the onward and return legs of the trip?
Old 19th June 2023, 10:14   #1229
BHPian

If you liked the breakfast spread and found the elderly owner checking with every guest if they enjoyed the same, it was definitely Sankam. We actually try to start early from Goa and reach Belgaum in time for breakfast at Sankam on our ride back home normally but this time we used Solapur-Zaheerabad route .
This was for the onward journey as our first stay was booked in South Goa

https://goo.gl/maps/FC21iVphMtsGZ5Wk8
Old 19th June 2023, 11:29   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhugs View Post
If you liked the breakfast spread and found the elderly owner checking with every guest if they enjoyed the same, it was definitely Sankam. We actually try to start early from Goa and reach Belgaum in time for breakfast at Sankam on our ride back home normally but this time we used Solapur-Zaheerabad route .
This was for the onward journey as our first stay was booked in South Goa

https://goo.gl/maps/FC21iVphMtsGZ5Wk8
How was the road conditions between MK Hubli and Khanapur

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks