Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2024, 14:20   #1276
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

While driving from Hyderabad I prefer to drive through Kolhapur to get to NH 48.
Viraj Junction at Koganoli (between Kolhapur and Nipani) is an excellent place to take a break. Plenty of parking, very clean and well maintained, and lots of options for food.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/s22YLydP13EdZp5P9
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 14:21   #1277
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnbi View Post
Okay, so we completed our Trip (22nd -28th March) in our Brand new Harrier.. HYD to GOA (Vagator) - It took us 12 hours 30 minutes including 3 small breaks and 1 lunch break of about an hour. While doing HYD to GOA, we took HYD>Solapur>Sangli>Nipani>Gadhalganj>Chandragarh>T ilarinagar>Mapusa>Vagator... Roads were EXCELLENT throughout except some diversion at Gadhalganj..
This was of great help to me. Thanks a lot xlnbi. I took this route last Friday to Varca, Goa from HYD. Roads were in very good condition except for the stretch before Solapur (from Maharashtra border to Solapur when we go towards Goa). Issue is that, all 4 lanes of the highway, road has caved in due to the weight from heavy trucks that frequent the route. This makes changing lanes at high speed very dangerous. When I came back it was raining heaving as well in this stretch and navigating the stretch at night was very difficult. I was driving a Honda Amaze and it even bottomed out once while travelling at around 80kmph due to this undulations. Luckily only the engine cover hit the road.

Based on your recommendation, I also stopped at Amar Pure Veg for both onward and return journey and found the place to be very good. Clean toilets, good food and adequate parking area.

For me onward journey took 12 hrs 30 mins which includes 2 breaks (40 mins for breakfast and 50 mins for lunch). Started at 4:40 AM from HYD and reached Varca by 5:10pm

While coming back, it took around 13 hours. Just took 1 break for lunch at Amar Pure Veg Nippani. Started at 8:40AM from Varca and reached HYD by 9:30 PM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks