Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2013, 11:42   #691
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant_dv View Post

I did consider the route you mentioned, however was reading through some other posts where they have informed about some bad streches. Have you recently taken this route ? Is this a busy route to go through ?
Yup I agree apart from the thread, I also had a friend tell me that the K'giri - Thiruvannamalai is all that great and should be avoided. If somebody has recent updates then that should help.

For stay do also check out - Dune Eco beach resort. Its got great reviews and also I would suggest you book real soon. All the good home stays/Guest houses are all sold out for that week.
Old 4th January 2013, 14:16   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
Yup I agree apart from the thread, I also had a friend tell me that the K'giri - Thiruvannamalai is all that great and should be avoided. If somebody has recent updates then that should help.

For stay do also check out - Dune Eco beach resort. Its got great reviews and also I would suggest you book real soon. All the good home stays/Guest houses are all sold out for that week.

Hello Santoshr,

I have already checked for the Dune Eco resort, it seems to be booked completely on the dates that I have planned for the trip. I have done inquiries on a couple of other beach-side resorts and will be closing on one of them by today evening.

On the route part, I would request any T'Bhpian who has recently done the Bangalore-Pondicherry route to give me the details.

Regards,
Prashant D
Old 4th January 2013, 14:48   #693
BHPian

Quote:

On the route part, I would request any T'Bhpian who has recently done the Bangalore-Pondicherry route to give me the details.
If you scroll down couple of pages you'd get the official team-bhp route with detailed instructions. It goes like this:
Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Arcot-Tindivanam-Pondicherry.

I took this route and found it great. I stayed in Ashok Pondicherry.

Prasad
Old 4th January 2013, 15:04   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
If you scroll down couple of pages you'd get the official team-bhp route with detailed instructions. It goes like this:
Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Arcot-Tindivanam-Pondicherry.

I took this route and found it great. I stayed in Ashok Pondicherry.

Prasad

Hi Prasad14,

Thanks for the information on the route and the stay. I will try to find more details on this route. Did you take this route anytime recently ?

Regards,
Prashant Divakaran
prashant_dv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 17:49   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prasad14,

Thanks for the information on the route and the stay. I will try to find more details on this route. Did you take this route anytime recently ?
Nope. I did this in Aug. However, BHPian kamal_parashar has done this route during last week of Dec (pl. see post #682). Pl. see post #640 for a detailed description of the route provided by BHPian raveesh_k.

Prasad
Old 5th January 2013, 21:26   #696
BHPian

Hello Samish,

Thank you for the information. I did consider the route you mentioned, however was reading through some other posts where they have informed about some bad streches. Have you recently taken this route ? Is this a busy route to go through ?

I checked out Kailash beach resort, am considering between St James Court Beach Resort, Kailash and Zest. Not yet finalized.

Have you used Kailash Beach resort ? If yes, how did you find the property and facilities provided ?

Regards,
Prashant Divakaran[/quote]

Hi Prashant,
I did not travel recently. But a few of my friends did and they too recommend the same route.

When I had been to Pondicherry in 2009 end, I had stayed in Kailash Beach resort. It was a nice place. Also heard good reviews about St. James Beach resort. So I think your choice about the resort is good.

Regards,

Samish
Old 5th January 2013, 21:44   #697
BHPian

I have traveled on Tindivanam to Krishnagiri route (NH66) last monday. It's horrible. Full of potholes. At many places the road is single lane due to maintenance work in progress.
For a better alternative, you may refer to post #640 by Raveesh_k.
Old 5th January 2013, 23:06   #698
BHPian

^^ + 1 to that. One of my friends who traveled last week had the same update. He took the return journey via Arcot and that route is excellent.
Old 6th January 2013, 22:45   #699
BHPian

I believe the arcot route is the way to go. Multiple reports about bad to worse stretches on the NH 66 route. I will be doing the hoskote kolar arcot route this coming weekend, will update.
Old 7th January 2013, 13:48   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Nope. I did this in Aug. However, BHPian kamal_parashar has done this route during last week of Dec (pl. see post #682).
Prasad
Hi Prasad, thanks for your confirmation on when you did this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post

Hi Prashant,
I did not travel recently. But a few of my friends did and they too recommend the same route.

When I had been to Pondicherry in 2009 end, I had stayed in Kailash Beach resort. It was a nice place. Also heard good reviews about St. James Beach resort. So I think your choice about the resort is good.

Regards,

Samish
Hi Samish,

I did finalize on the St James resort finally. Have made the booking for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
I have traveled on Tindivanam to Krishnagiri route (NH66) last monday. It's horrible. Full of potholes. At many places the road is single lane due to maintenance work in progress.
For a better alternative, you may refer to post #640 by Raveesh_k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
^^ + 1 to that. One of my friends who traveled last week had the same update. He took the return journey via Arcot and that route is excellent.
Quote:
I believe the arcot route is the way to go. Multiple reports about bad to worse stretches on the NH 66 route. I will be doing the hoskote kolar arcot route this coming weekend, will update.
Hi Ksaurabh21, nileshch, santoshr

seems like everyone is going by arcot route here. though i am in agreement of this route based on fellow t'bhpians travelling this route recently. however, a question that i have is that if we have to travel all the way to walajah (after vellore) which is like a good half way or more to chennai, isnt there any construction work going on till Walajah ?

One of my friends recently did a route to just bypass the normal krishnagiri -tiruvannamalai route. It looks as follows:

Bangalore - Hosur- Krishnagiri - kambainallur - morappur - harur - theerthamalai- tanipadi - tiruvannamalai - gingee -tindivanam -pondicherry.

Attached is the image of the route shown by google maps. The route is approximately 373 kms.

has anyone done this route at all ?

Regards,
Prashant D
Old 9th January 2013, 11:23   #701
BHPian

Off to Pondy with family over the weekend( 12th-14th).Based on all the inputs will stick to the route: Hosur - K'giri - Vellore - Arcot - Cheyyar- Vandavasi - Tindivanam - Pondicherry. I managed to get accommodation at http://www.atithipondicherry.com/.
Decided on this property for the central location and decent pricing.
Plan to head out of Bangalore by 6 a.m. If I plan 2 pit stop options, what is the advice?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries-screen-shot-20130109-11.47.04-am.png  

Last edited by Sportsmind : 9th January 2013 at 11:51.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:29   #702
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Plan to head out of Bangalore by 6 a.m. If I plan 2 pit stop options what is the advice?
- Be aware that the situation at Adaya Anand Bhavan, Shoolagiri can be real bad and can delay you a lot. Nowadays there is HUGE-HUGE rush at this place.
- You should look at alternative places like Sri Krishna Bhavan. Many a times this also gets overrun.
- The other alternative is CCD. This is always empty.
- If you need south Indian, today I think the best bet is Kamat for a fast service and quick exit. BTW Kamat comes before the other two.

The other break can be at Vellore Saravana Bhavan. I think you should be able to make to Pondichery for lunch.
If its gets delayed there is also Aryas/Vasantha Bhavan at Tindivanam right at Pondichery exit from GQ.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 13:22   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
-

Near K'giri -
Adaya Anand Bhavan, Shoolagiri
Sri Krishna Bhavan
Kamat

Nr Vellore
Saravana Bhavan.

Nr Tindivanam
Aryas/Vasantha Bhavan
Noting them down, very helpful thanks alot. I am doing the Bangalore - Hoskote - Mulbagal - Chitoor - Arcot - Cheyyar - Vandavasi - Tindivandam route.

Any cult eating places on this route that should not be missed?
Old 9th January 2013, 14:09   #704
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any cult eating places on this route that should not be missed?
If you are taking the Chitoor route then dont worry there are many places.

- Kolar has a CCD and Woodys. (I think both are on the other side of the 4-lane)
- Around 15-20km from Palamaner there is another CCD.
- Before Palamaner town there is also a pure veg restaurant (in fact there are many on the highway). Dont remember the name though.
- At Chitoor Tirupathi by-pass you have another CCD.
- Just before the bypass you also have a Nandi Plaza.

(In case you were not aware: CCD is Cafe Coffee Day)
Old 9th January 2013, 16:06   #705
BHPian

Quote:
One of my friends recently did a route to just bypass the normal krishnagiri -tiruvannamalai route. It looks as follows:

Bangalore - Hosur- Krishnagiri - kambainallur - morappur - harur - theerthamalai- tanipadi - tiruvannamalai - gingee -tindivanam -pondicherry.

Attached is the image of the route shown by google maps. The route is approximately 373 kms.

has anyone done this route at all ?
Did your friend give any feedback on the road quality? If it is good, there is no reason why one should not take it. It will be much shorter that the other known routes to Pondicherry. Though there would be other factors like if this route has enough eateries and bio-break spots on the way!

Last edited by nileshch : 9th January 2013 at 16:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks