Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 17:51   #481
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
I will be going to Bangalore next week. I plan to leave by 3PM from Chennai on Tuesday and start the return by 6PM from Bangalore on Thursday. I hope both the journeys take less than 4.5 hours.
Allocate 45 minutes to an hour to hit Ponamallee. Another 1-2 hour from Silk Board to the destination. (This time varies with where you need to go in Bangalore).

If you are starting at 6 and that too from an intertior location in Banaglore add about an hour hit Silk board from where you actually zoom through elevated highway and then the GQ. And then 4 hours from E-City to Poonamallee.
Old 17th June 2011, 10:45   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I plan to leave by 3PM from Chennai on Tuesday
It shouldnt be much traffic, I reached Sriperumbudur in 75 mins from T.Nagar starting at 315-330. After that it should be a piece of cake. You'll clear Sriperumbudur before the evening office traffic starts. But you might land up in heavy traffic as you enter Bangalore. Better to take dinner somewhere (possibly between Krishnagiri-Hosur) so that you land in Bangalore when it is relatively easy.

Quote:
start the return by 6PM from Bangalore on Thursday
You'll start in peak office traffic. Either start early (430) or late(830-9). I'd prefer the latter, you'll have moderate traffic till Hosur, few till Krishnagiri and breeze after that. At midnight there'll hardly be any traffic in Madras. Its peace of mind to drive at that kind of time too. Been there and done that, and loved it on first night drive
Old 17th June 2011, 18:38   #483
BHPian

Thanks for the replies, guys. I will be starting from Guindy in Chennai to reach Koramangala in Bangalore. I have done the trip before in my fiesta. This will be the first time on my civic.
Old 17th June 2011, 18:56   #484
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to visit the Golden Temple in Sripuram with my family this Sunday via the usual Krishnagiri route. Are there any decent places to eat after the A2B at Shoolagiri ?

The last I travelled was over a year ago and did not notice any decent eateries between the A2B at Shoolagiri and Sripuram.
Old 17th June 2011, 19:01   #485
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Are there any decent places to eat after the A2B at Shoolagiri ?
My favourite place is Hotel Saravana Bhavan, Vellore, located near CMC.
  (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 19:16   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I'm planning to visit the Golden Temple in Sripuram with my family this Sunday via the usual Krishnagiri route. Are there any decent places to eat after the A2B at Shoolagiri ?

The last I travelled was over a year ago and did not notice any decent eateries between the A2B at Shoolagiri and Sripuram.
Hotel Deepam (or Deepam Motels) on the right side just after Pallikonda toll plaza. This will be on the right side while going from Bangalore and at a distance of about 180 kms.

But the best place would be Hotel Saravana Bhavan, Vellore, located near CMC as mentioned in the other post. Budget for about 3 hours max to reach there.
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 19:35   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975

In Ambur you will see a Rajiv Gandhi statue after crossing the reliance petrol pump on left. In the junction take left and go for 100 metres. There is an excellent veg hotel called Amirtham. Looks ordinary but good food. Toilets are in second floor. Very clean. Keys will be with car parking security
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 23:11   #488
Senior - BHPian

Folks travelling on Bangalore-Chennai highway can look forward to smooth ride on the highway without being worried about truck traffic.
I hope people would have noticed it from June 15th onward. Here is the news
Quote:
Lorry owners plan indefinite strike

The All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) and Lorry Owners’ Association have decided to launch an indefinite strike on Chennai-Bangalore National Highway from June 15 protesting against the decision of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to increase the user fee in seven user fee plazas on the highway.
The All India Motor Transport Congress President G R Shanmugappa said, “On Chennai-Bangalore National Highway, they have not completed the six lines even though they are collecting the increased toll. We are not against the fee, let them complete the six lines’ work and then collect the toll. No transport vehicle will run between Chennai and Bangalore from June 15.” They will also protest against the increase in the premium for motor vehicle insurance and the abolition of sales tax on diesel.
The All India Motor Transport Congress General Secretary BV Narayanappa said, “We were paying Rs 1,600 up and down to Bangalore to Chennai. But now, the user fee has been hiked to Rs 3,200.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 12:19   #489
BHPian

Observed that the toll rates on NH4 have increased. During my recent trip from Chennai to Kengeri through NH4 and onto the Nice Road, I had to pay a toll amounting to 305 rupees one way.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:45   #490
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai OMR Update As On May 15, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
Guys anyone did OMR (NH4) route recently? Are the tollbooths between the Kolar/Mulbagal stretch completed/functioning now?
Old 4th August 2011, 14:05   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Observed that the toll rates on NH4 have increased. During my recent trip from Chennai to Kengeri through NH4 and onto the Nice Road, I had to pay a toll amounting to 305 rupees one way.
Damn. That sucks. Thankfully i'll be riding down to Chennai next month... been wanting to ride to chennai for a long time now. The roads are fantastic on the Krishnagiri-Chennai stretch. Only grouse is that there are no cafe's or decent restaurants enroute once you cross Krishnagiri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
Guys anyone did OMR (NH4) route recently? Are the tollbooths between the Kolar/Mulbagal stretch completed/functioning now?
We rode to Kolar 2 weeks back. The toll stations are up but collections are yet to start. Looks like it'll take another month or two.

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th August 2011 at 14:07.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 12:17   #492
Senior - BHPian

This road is becoming like a money looting exercise with no care for road maintenance, its not yet monsoon for most sections of this road and there are already shallow cuts on this road on either side (more so on the one towards Bangalore). Experiences with rain water stagnation are posted here.

BTW there is a new CCD attached to a HP pump between Pallikonda and Vaniyambadi toll on left going towards Bangalore. Dont know if it is open, but signs are put up on either sides.

Last edited by narayans80 : 8th August 2011 at 12:20.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 14:31   #493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
BTW there is a new CCD attached to a HP pump between Pallikonda and Vaniyambadi toll on left going towards Bangalore. Dont know if it is open, but signs are put up on either sides.
Finally something in between to have a rest. This would be an ideal spot to break.
Thanks Narayan for this wonderful news.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:52   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
This road is becoming like a money looting exercise with no care for road maintenance, its not yet monsoon for most sections of this road and there are already shallow cuts on this road on either side (more so on the one towards Bangalore). Experiences with rain water stagnation are posted here.

I think this comes after vellore, I dropped in for a masala dosa (bhavan behing CC) & a cup of coffee at coffee day when I drove to blore. CCD service is very good but looks like there is not much space to park many cars, it was raining heavily so I did not have proper visibility of the entire area.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:13   #495
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I think this comes after vellore, I dropped in for a masala dosa (bhavan behing CC) & a cup of coffee at coffee day when I drove to blore. CCD service is very good but looks like there is not much space to park many cars, it was raining heavily so I did not have proper visibility of the entire area.
If you are referring to the one which you hit, within 50-70km from Madras (its on the left while coming from Madras), then yes even I have seen that. There are no boards which say CCD approaching. So mostly I used to miss it.

If what Narayan mentioned, is different, then its really useful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks