Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2012, 01:51   #751
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Late Post!

I did a Bangalore trip on 30th of march, and returned to Chennai on 1st April.

Took the GQ to reach bangalore, started at 5 in the evening in chennai, reached poonamallee at 7, and drove , drove , drove till 1:30 to reach chord road, bangalore. The 6 laning work took the wind out of my sail. it was irritating to drive behind huge trucks traveling at 40kmph on a single lane for kilometers together.
This was my longest Chennai Bangalore drive

Returned by the OMR, this road was great, simply great. no stops at all. started by 4:30 in the evening from commercial street , bangalore, reached besant nagar, chennai by 9:15. NO Toll till kancheepuram

During my previous trips, I make it a point to eat at Gurminder Singh's dhaba , near a BP bunk just after the Ranipet toll , towards Chennai (95 kms to chennai). Good food, fast service and strictly not for families. If its a bunch of guys, and want some quick food, try this place. Was with my family this time around, so missed the dhaba!
Old 18th April 2012, 18:10   #752

Hi Guys!

Obviously this is my first post on the forum, and I'm happy to the part of the forum.

Do you guys know of any budget motel near the Bangalore NICE road near the bypass (close to the highway so we don't have to digress too much)? Me and a couple of my buddies are driving to Nagarhole from Chennai and have planned to stop at Bangalore for the night before proceeding to driving in the early morning via Mysore. We will only be using the motel to crash for the night so a decent budget range will suffice. Also, if we manage to reach Bangalore early enough, we might drive down to Mysore before stopping for the night. Any pointers to budget motel near the Mysore ring road will be very helpful! This is my first time on this route and any pointers would be of great help!
-VJ
Old 18th April 2012, 19:18   #753
BHPian

Got back from Chennai this noon, started at 5:30 and reached my bangalore residence at around 11:45. Again took the GQ route, undulations/patchwork and trucker menace galore. At the current state of roads, i personally don't think it's worth the tolls we pay. But yeah, happy to be back in namma bengalooru.
Old 18th April 2012, 19:18   #754
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewild View Post
Hi Guys!

Do you guys know of any budget motel near the Bangalore NICE road near the bypass (close to the highway so we don't have to digress too much)? Me and a couple of my buddies are driving to Nagarhole from Chennai and have planned to stop at Bangalore for the night before proceeding to driving in the early morning via Mysore.
There is a place called Keys. (This is just close to the NICE road exit)

Economy Hotels in India , India Budget Hotels, Hotels and Resorts in India, Keys Hotels

The place is very good, but it may be on the higher side of the budget.

You can also chose to stay in Hosur.
Old 18th April 2012, 21:30   #755
BHPian

Hey guys,

I know it is a vague query but here it is.

On my trip to Bangalore from Chennai on the main highway, around four months back, I fleetingly saw a magnificent temple on the right side of the road.

Perched on a small hillock, it could be seen from far.

At that time I did not have the time or inclination to stop, but I am cursing myself now.

I want to visit the temple now but I know its location not.

Can I be helped please?
Old 18th April 2012, 21:56   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hey guys,

I know it is a vague query but here it is.

On my trip to Bangalore from Chennai on the main highway, around four months back, I fleetingly saw a magnificent temple on the right side of the road.

Perched on a small hillock, it could be seen from far.

At that time I did not have the time or inclination to stop, but I am cursing myself now.

I want to visit the temple now but I know its location not.

Can I be helped please?
Please check out Arulmigu Balamurugan Tirukkovil, Rathinagiri and see the video clip on the homepage. You can drive your car till the hill-top upto a point just at the temple entrance. The place is much more beautiful and serene than the video clipping indcates with amazing valley views. Only thing of concern is that there is no good hotels there and you need to come back to Vellore (about 15 kms towards Bangalore) for food and other facilities. Incidentally, I had been there a couple of weeks back when I had to visit CMC.

Last edited by ajithbr : 18th April 2012 at 21:58.
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 11:36   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There is a place called Keys. (This is just close to the NICE road exit)

Economy Hotels in India , India Budget Hotels, Hotels and Resorts in India, Keys Hotels

The place is very good, but it may be on the higher side of the budget.

You can also chose to stay in Hosur.
Ampere, thanks for your response.

Reading through the thread, I think it may be better off for us to be driving through the OMR rather than the GQ.

When driving through the OMR, do I need to get into the city to get to Mysore? What is the best route to take to get to Mysore without getting getting into the city?

Any hotel on the OMR side that you know where we can crash for the night?

PS: "Keys" looks to be a little bit steep considering we will only be crashing for the night and will not even need the breakfast!

-VJ
Old 19th April 2012, 12:49   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys!

Do you guys know of any budget motel near the Bangalore NICE road near the bypass (close to the highway so we don't have to digress too much)? Also, if we manage to reach Bangalore early enough, we might drive down to Mysore before stopping for the night. Any pointers to budget motel near the Mysore ring road will be very helpful!
@intothewild : Welcome to the forum . Iam not sure, but dont think you will find many budget accomodations near NICE road ramp in Bangalore- Hosur strech. Since the area is near electronic city and most of the places there charge you exponentially. You can try hotels in Hosur, will be cheaper compared to Bangalore and not too far from NICE road ramp. Once on NICE road you wont find any hotels/ resturants since its fully access controlled expressway.
Also, I dont think you need to opt for travelling through Mysore ring road to get to Nagarhole, you can take the left after Srirangapatanam and byepass mysore altogether. Here is the link : Srirangapatna, Karnataka to Nagarhole National Park - Google Maps
Old 19th April 2012, 13:38   #759
Senior - BHPian

VJ : You could try one of the following options.

Mothers Residency - Just after Hosur Bus stand on the left side as you come down the flyover, OK rooms, costed me about Rs.750 for a night, I assume you are not travelling with your family, so should not be much of an issue.

Alternatively you could stay at TTDC - Krishnagiri, you would get AC room at about Rs.1000/- . Though you would have to start an hour earlier the next day morning.
Old 19th April 2012, 13:43   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ampere, thanks for your response.

Reading through the thread, I think it may be better off for us to be driving through the OMR rather than the GQ.

When driving through the OMR, do I need to get into the city to get to Mysore? What is the best route to take to get to Mysore without getting getting into the city?

Any hotel on the OMR side that you know where we can crash for the night?

PS: "Keys" looks to be a little bit steep considering we will only be crashing for the night and will not even need the breakfast!

-VJ
There is a TTDC guest house at Hosur which charges somewhere between 1250-1400 per night. They allow any number of people to stay in the room (blankets/pillows provided only for 2 though). Can be looked at as an option if you want to crash at Hosur

Edit: Just noticed that you are going to come via OMR. Do not know if you will touch Hosur coming via that route, so if you dont, please ignore

Last edited by arvind71181 : 19th April 2012 at 13:48.
Old 19th April 2012, 14:07   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
@intothewild : Welcome to the forum . Iam not sure, but dont think you will find many budget accomodations near NICE road ramp in Bangalore- Hosur strech. Since the area is near electronic city and most of the places there charge you exponentially. You can try hotels in Hosur, will be cheaper compared to Bangalore and not too far from NICE road ramp. Once on NICE road you wont find any hotels/ resturants since its fully access controlled expressway.
Also, I dont think you need to opt for travelling through Mysore ring road to get to Nagarhole, you can take the left after Srirangapatanam and byepass mysore altogether. Here is the link : Srirangapatna, Karnataka to Nagarhole National Park - Google Maps
Hey mpksuhas! thanks, any idea about what the road condition is until the diversion joins the Hunsur road again? In all likelihood, we will be doing that strech late in the night!
Old 19th April 2012, 15:17   #762
Senior - BHPian

If you are coming via OMR (Old Madras Road) route, you will not touch Hosur.

If you reach bangalore via OMR, for going to Mysore road/Nagarhole, you have to go inside B'lore city.

Ampere, can comment if any alternate routes are available.

-Ravi
Old 19th April 2012, 16:22   #763
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, I too didnt notice you were travelling through OMR, in that case as Ravib commented you wont be passing through Hosur.
You can take three routes: 1. Hoskote- KR Puram- Marthahalli- Silkboard junction- Hosur road- NICE road - Kengeri (Mysore road). It will take you around 1.5 Hr from Hoskote- NICE road ramp on Hosur road in moderate traffic. Another 25 mins from there to Kengeri. So ~2/ 2.5 hrs from Hoskote.
2. Second option will be Hoskote- KR Puram- Banaswadi- Hebbal- Yeshwantpur-Kengeri. All way in Outer Ring road (ORR). This may eat up lot of your time if travelling in peak traffic. I have not travelled the whole route at one go, however guess it will be easily above 2 hr.
3. Thrid option is the direct route which will take you through bangalore city- Hoskote, Karnataka to Kengeri, Karnataka - Google Maps . This will be the shortest and easiest route. However it will if you are reaching bangalore during office timings you will take around 3 hrs to reach Kengeri.
Old 20th April 2012, 15:51   #764
BHPian

I am driving to chennai tomorow morning, my destination is Medavaakam. can someone suggest a better way to skip city.
My brother suggested taking the chennai bypass in madhuravayal and reach Tambaram and from there to Medavaakam. is there any other better way to take ?
Old 20th April 2012, 17:03   #765
Team-BHP Support

The best option is to hit NICE road from silk board. Lots work on Mysore road ORR junction.

But instead of coming to KR Puram you can get on to SH35 which is Varthur road. Drive to Sarjapur and there on drive to Attibele which is on Hosur. There you can get on to NICE road and take the Mysore road exit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks