Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2022, 00:22   #256

Re: Hyderabad to Hampi : Route Queries

Hi friends, planning to do a Hyd-Hampi trip next week. Is there any information on the latest condition of Gooty - Ballari - Hospete route? Travelling on a sedan with family. Thanks.
Old 20th December 2022, 11:12   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubinsch View Post
Hi friends, planning to do a Hyd-Hampi trip next week. Is there any information on the latest condition of Gooty - Ballari - Hospete route? Travelling on a sedan with family. Thanks.
Hi, Did you finalise the route?

I am also planning to drive from Hyd-Hampi(Bellari) this Friday. Thinking of Hyd-Kurnool-Aloor-Bellari route.
Old 27th December 2022, 11:28   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kuppalli View Post

I am also planning to drive from Hyd-Hampi(Bellari) this Friday. Thinking of Hyd-Kurnool-Aloor-Bellari route.
I took Hyderabad-Kurnool-Aloor-Ballari-Vidyanagar township route.

Road is in good condition for most part. Ballari to Vidyanagar stretch is having some construction and traffic. Otherwise it was a pleasant drive.

Started from Golconda fort around 11AM and reached Vidyanagar around 6.15PM with a 45 minutes break in Kurnool for lunch.
Old 3rd January 2023, 14:26   #259

Planning to drive out early morning Monday(9¹/23) from Hampi towards Hyderabad; am thinking of taking the Gangavati-Sindhanur-Raichur-Mahbubnagar route. Wondering about the road conditions lately & the time it might take?

The alternative is of course to take the longer route via Bellary-Alur to join NH 44 at Kurnool...

Any suggestions?
Old 27th January 2023, 10:19   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kuppalli View Post

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in updating this. We finally took the Mahboobnagar - Raichur - Sidhanur - Gangavathi - Hospet route. The route was good, except for the rather annoyingly frequent and unscientific speed breakers in parts of the route, especially at and around Raichur. The roads were in pretty decent condition, and the traffic was manageable.

We took around 7 hours 45 mins to reach the hotel in Hospet (Gmaps had shown an estimated time of 8 hrs at the start), including a couple of breaks, and travelling at reasonable speeds.

Since I was travelling on this route for the first time and were unaware of the amenities available, we were reasonably prepared for the lack of amenities too - which turned out to be helpful because the amenities available were too few, too far in between and probably not maintained too well - so I'd advise travellers to be prepared, likewise.

Safe driving, folks..! Thanks.
Old 1st December 2023, 12:02   #261
BHPian

Hi Team,

Need some support from this esteemed community here.

I have a stay planned in Hampi from 24th to 27th Dec and we had booked Alliance Air flights from Vijaynagar to Hyderabad on 27th. However, unfortunately today we got a message from Alliance Air that the flight stands cancelled. I have an onwards Indigo flight from HYD at 22:35 PM on 27th Dec.
What could be my best way to reach Hyderabad Airport from Hampi ? I checked but there are no trains from Hospet and seems like road travel is the best. Is it possible to cover Hampi to Hyderabad airport in 8-9 hours ? If we leave Hampi by 8:30 AM can we reach HYD airport for our 22:35 departure ? Any updates on the latest road/traffic conditions will also be helpful ? Also, does anybody have any contact of a reliable travel operator in Hampi who can give a airport drop to HYD ?

Regards
Ritesh

Most Viewed