Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:08   #181
BHPian

Hi folks .. Took the road to Hampi through Gooty, Guntakal and Bellary yesterday.

Hyd till Gooty through NH7 took me 3.5 hours, then another 3.5 hours to Hampi with 1/2 hour of break.
Road is particularly bad between Guntakal and Bellary.
Was wondering whether it's better to go via Gangavathi and Raichur? Anyone having recent knowhow?
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:47   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Road is particularly bad between Guntakal and Bellary.

Was wondering whether it's better to go via Gangavathi and Raichur?
My gut feeling is that it can't be worse. Pease return via Raichur and update us all.
Old 5th October 2015, 10:05   #183
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyderabad to Hampi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Was wondering whether it's better to go via Gangavathi and Raichur? Anyone having recent knowhow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
My gut feeling is that it can't be worse. Pease return via Raichur and update us all.
Gangavathi/Raichur may be a better option. I think NH63 sees much more truck traffic compared to the Raichur road.
Old 5th October 2015, 14:57   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
... I did do the Hyderabad to Gangavathi in January this year and all I remember is the crazy traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Gangavathi/Raichur may be a better option. I think NH63 sees much more truck traffic compared to the Raichur road.
Thanks for your suggestions .. folks!

I did the return trip yesterday afternoon through the same route (Bellary-Gooty).
I looked back a couple of pages in the thread and felt that things weren't great on Gangawati-Raichur side as well (refer to Bblost's update on this).
Moreover quite a large fraction of route would have been on SHs.

With Bellary-Gooty route, the advantage is the relative length you encounter bad roads (mainly on Karnataka side) before you hit NH7/AH43.
The worst part being between Guntakal and Bellary, noticed on return that this section is part AP and part KN, possibly the reason its upkeep being ignored by both sides.
Old 9th December 2015, 16:06   #185
BHPian

I am planning a trip from Hyderabad to Hampi this month end.
Please suggest the best route considering road condition between
Gangavathi to Kampli and
Guntakal and Bellary.

Thanks!
Old 13th December 2015, 01:53   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhav22 View Post
I am planning a trip from Hyderabad to Hampi this month end.
Gangavathi to Kampli and
Guntakal and Bellary.

Thanks!
Hi, Try the Hyderabad - Kurnool - Anantapur - Bellary - Hampi route. This is slightly longer route. Gooty - Guntakal - Bellary I have not travelled so no inputs. Bellary gives you a taste of bad roads with countless speedbreakers and pot holes. Bellary - Tornagallu is very patchy section.
Old 13th December 2015, 07:37   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Gooty-Bellary is okay-ish / not very good. There are some rough stretches, pot-holes, and quite some truck traffic. You will need to constantly watch out for these.
Old 13th December 2015, 13:47   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhav22 View Post
Gangavathi to Kampli and
Guntakal and Bellary.
Between the two above, Gooty-Guntakal-Bellary route is overall better, except you have to be very watchful between Guntakal and Bellary due huge road-holes/craters every now and then.

Drivethru's suggestion might be worth considering, but to avoid Guntakal-Bellary and directly reach Bellary from Anantpur you would probably have to add another 100kms overall.
I would not suggest this unless we have very good feedback on roads that need to be taken after Anantpur.
Old 27th December 2015, 21:07   #189
BHPian

Hi all,
I'm planning a trip from Hyderabad to Hampi during the weekend before 26-Jan.
I'm planning to stay in Hyatt in Toranagallu. The route suggested by Google Maps is the Kurnool->Gooty->Guntakal->Bellary->Toranagallu

From the previous threads I understood that this is as good, or as bad, as the Mehboobnagar->Raichur->Sindhanur route?
Old 27th December 2015, 21:38   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Hi all,
I'm planning to stay in Hyatt in Toranagallu. The route suggested by Google Maps is the Kurnool->Gooty->Guntakal->Bellary->Toranagallu
I did the exact same trip in September. The only bad stretch was in Guntakal.
If you are a patient driver who sees a pothole and decides to slow down and drive around it. There will be no issues.
If on the other hand you want to ride fast over it, it will break your alloys.

The route is decent and I recommend the same.

The hotel is also very good and I loved the property and the staff. The room was a little small but the overall experience was nice.

If you leave by 6 AM, you will reach the hotel in time for the lunch buffet. In the evening walk down to the nearby lake. There are a couple of ducks and the hotel guys will give you some puffed rice, which you can feed them.

My kids loved this.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 13:02   #191
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Hampi : Route Queries

Quote:
Hi all,

From the previous threads I understood that this is as good, or as bad, as the Mehboobnagar->Raichur->Sindhanur route?
Go ahead with the Gooty route. I did that during 2014 Christmas. Also don't miss the Bellary bypass road. Its a toll road and will save lot of time.

Raichur road, though the distance is less, is full of potholes. However, if somebody is planning to stay northern side of Tungabhadra, it might make sense to take that route.
Old 28th December 2015, 13:05   #192
BHPian

Thanks @bblost.

I have been to Hampi once before, in 2013. That time I was driving from Bangalore, so the route was different. I had stayed in Hyatt Palace, and completely agree with your view - slightly small rooms, but great hotel, good staff. This time I'm headed for the Hampi heritage run.
Old 30th December 2015, 20:36   #193
BHPian

Planning to travel to Hampi on Jan 15. There will be a min 3 car caravan. A Vento, Jazz and a 3 series. I see that the Raichur route is probably the better one as the Gooty one is full of bad rubbled roads. Can anyone help with a recent comparison?
Old 20th January 2016, 17:40   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishroy View Post
Go ahead with the Gooty route. I did that during 2014 Christmas. Also don't miss the Bellary bypass road. Its a toll road and will save lot of time.
OK, so even with the Gooty route, Bellary bypass is recommended? Last time I drove from Bangalore, and the route was Sira->Hiryur->Bellary, so the bypass made sense. From Gooty, Google Maps seems to suggest driving straight through Bellary instead.
Old 21st January 2016, 11:20   #195
BHPian

Quote:
OK, so even with the Gooty route, Bellary bypass is recommended?....
I think its subjective, I was going through Bellary on this route in October looking for the bypass turn.
Checked with a petrol pump guy a little earlier, he suggested going straight through as this road would have lesser traffic vis-a-vis bypass which tend to have more truck traffic.
The road per se was decent wide road and didn't face any delay or blocks, same with return as well.

You may take stock before Bellary to see how the traffic is and decide accordingly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks