Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:53   #106
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Hampi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
- The JLR place looked quite nice, cottage accomodation in the wildnerness, v.close to the Daroji bear sanctuar. Again, should be a nice place but will more than bust the budget.
We had stayed at the Jungle Lodges Resort in November and it was a memorable stay. Outstanding service, fantastic food, nice accomodation. We had driven from Hyderabad and I didn't have to take out my car for the duration that I stayed there. They have a 2 day plan where one evening is a trip to the bear sanctuary and another day long guided trip to Hampi. They are a little expensive, but I thought it was worth every penny.
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:39   #107
Senior - BHPian

Thanks RoadTiger and Ranjit for your replies.

I have booked Royal Orchid for the trip
So, the trip is on!

Coming to the itinerary, we will be travelling with 3 kids. So, that will definitely compromise the places we can cover.

I am thinking to somehow include a trip to the Daroji wildlife sanctuary. May be, the third day morning? or may be 1st day evening?

I am little worried about having any big plans for day 1 evening as with kids around, we might get delayed.

Need to firm up on the itinerary.

About the route, I am going to take the route recommended by Roadtiger. Any places on the way for breakfast?

Thanks again to everyone for providing such prompt and useful suggestions.
Old 24th July 2012, 22:52   #108
BHPian

The are no places for decent breakfast (esp with family and kids) other than those on the B'lore highway. Best to carry some stuff and try to reach Hospet/ Hampi around lunch time.

As regarding the plans, my suggestion is that you have quite a few options (btw, the trip to Hanuman hill across the river is ruled out with kids) and keep it flexible and whatever suits the mood best. Go with the flow - Hampi has a nice, laidback, mideaval air about it.

Have a good trip !
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 12:41   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am thinking to somehow include a trip to the Daroji wildlife sanctuary. May be, the third day morning? or may be 1st day evening?
Of all the activities that we did in Hampi, the trip to the Daroji bear sanctuary was the lowlight for me. The sloth bears are human shy and hence the forest rangers have kept the viewing area at quite a distance from the area where the sloth bears feed. Looks like the forest rangers throw some food and spread some jaggery on rock faces, which has become the defacto feeding area for the bears. But, be warned, that you cannot discern anything with the naked eye and would need a very good set of binoculars to see anything at all.

We enjoyed the ruins of hampi and a visit to the tungabhadra dam lot more than the time that we spent in the bear sanctuary.
Notyetgrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 22:21   #110
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Though I must admit that I am a bit confused about the Daroji widlife sanctuary. I read few reviews on tripadvisor from people who stayed in the JLR resort and most of them seem to indicate that Hampi is better place to spend time rather than the sanctuary. Quite surprising because all these people have stayed in the JLR resort adjacent to the sanctuary!
I guess I will take a call once I reach there!

Are there any particular places in the road I should be aware of? Like a very bad patch of road, accident prone zones or may be a turn which I could probably miss! I plan to use the Sygic MMI GPS on my phone. But since this is the first time, I do not have the confidence to rely on that entirely.

Cheers
Aadi
Old 15th August 2012, 21:09   #111
Senior - BHPian

Guyz,
Quick question - Are there any place on the way which has clean restrooms?

Also, as per some suggestions in this thread, I m thinking to bypass MehboobNagar and continue till Bhootpur on the Bangalore Highway before turning for Raichur. Is that the preferred option?

Any reply is highly appreciated!

Last edited by adimicra : 15th August 2012 at 21:12.
Old 15th August 2012, 21:27   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guyz,

Also, as per some suggestions in this thread, I m thinking to bypass MehboobNagar and continue till Bhootpur on the Bangalore Highway before turning for Raichur. Is that the preferred option?

Any reply is highly appreciated!
Bio Breaks are the only way out.Nature provides the best washrooms on the Indian highways sigh Not much of a difference between Mahboobnagar and Bhootpur options,unless someone has any recent updates on the road conditions.There is a CCD(Cafe Coffee Day)attached to Hill Dine at Jadcherla onto your left.
Old 15th August 2012, 21:48   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guyz,

Also, as per some suggestions in this thread, I m thinking to bypass MehboobNagar and continue till Bhootpur on the Bangalore highway!

After crossing the Shadnagar GMR toll plaza you have to travel about 15-20kms
you get a place called Balanagar a km before this place there is a hill park restaurant this is a decent place.
Old 16th August 2012, 09:27   #114
BHPian

Hyd (Hitech city) to Hampi in 6.5 hrs via Gooty - Bellary - Hampi ... about 470 kms

Did Hospet (Hotel Malligi) to Hyd (HiTech City) in 7 hrs via Kamalapur - Kampli - Gangawati - Raichur - Mehboobnagar - Hyd ... about 390 kms

I am plannning to drive to Hampi from Hyderabad this Saturday.. planning to start by 6 AM and reach Hampi.. as suggested by RoadTiger, planning to Hyd - Mehboobnagar - Raichur - Gangawati - Kampli - Kamalapur route..

Any latest updates about the route status?
Planning to return on Monday morning. Hotel Malligi is booked out. As this is a last minute plan, got information from Malligi hotel guy to try Priyadarshini hotel.. they said rooms are available and booked it over the phone (no money paid yet). Any opinions about this place? Tarriff is about 1370 with taxes for a AC room.
Old 16th August 2012, 09:31   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Any opinions about this place? Tarriff is about 1370 with taxes for a AC room.
No personal experience,but might be a good idea to look up on what Tripadvisor says.Heres a link Hotel Priyadarshini (Hospet) - Hotel reviews, photos, rates - TripAdvisor
Old 16th August 2012, 09:39   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
No personal experience,but might be a good idea to look up on what Tripadvisor says.Heres a link Hotel Priyadarshini (Hospet) - Hotel reviews, photos, rates - TripAdvisor

thank you for the quick reply ranjitp1. I was just going through that, it looks like okay.
However, will check once we reach there.
Any idea about the route status?
Old 16th August 2012, 12:23   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thank you for the quick reply ranjitp1. I was just going through that, it looks like okay.
However, will check once we reach there.
Any idea about the route status?
Overall Ok,no problems whatsoever with the route.Eating options though are limited(in fact non-existent,but then its just a 7hr drive)
Old 16th August 2012, 12:39   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Overall Ok,no problems whatsoever with the route.Eating options though are limited(in fact non-existent,but then its just a 7hr drive)
Yes, food is a non-issue as its a 7 hr travel.
Btw, I was thinking what if I go via Hyderabad - Gooty - Hampi and come back via Raichur route? As I am planning to reach Hampi asap. Though Gooty route is longer, travelling till Gooty would be much faster.
Old 16th August 2012, 12:42   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, food is a non-issue as its a 7 hr travel.
Btw, I was thinking what if I go via Hyderabad - Gooty - Hampi and come back via Raichur route? As I am planning to reach Hampi asap. Though Gooty route is longer, travelling till Gooty would be much faster.
Yes the NH7 route would be faster,you should be able to shave off atleast 70-90minutes from your total expected travel time.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 12:46   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the NH7 route would be faster,you should be able to shave off atleast 70-90minutes from your total expected travel time.

Nice. So it shall be Hyderabad - Gooty - Bellary - Hampi while going and while coming back, will try the Raichur road. Thank you for your inputs Ranjitp1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks