Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2023, 12:35   #766
BHPian

Re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Good afternoon everyone. We were planning a Goa vacation for a long time. Finally booked the flights and resort (Zuri White sands) from 25th to 28th of May. Will be holidaying with family, wife, 2 small kids and my parents. We planned to chill at the resort during the day and then at beach during evening when weather cools down a bit.

Recently read few reviews where it was mentioned that it’s very hot in May and remains so in the evenings also and even going to beach in evening is uncomfortable.

I’ll be going from north india where it be hot as well, so kindly request members to advise regarding the weather. I understand it will be hot but how’s the weather in evening? Is it comfortable on the beach? Should I go ahead or think about some other options. Thanks
midazolam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 12:56   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Good afternoon everyone. We were planning a Goa vacation for a long time. Finally booked the flights and resort (Zuri White sands) from 25th to 28th of May. Will be holidaying with family, wife, 2 small kids and my parents. We planned to chill at the resort during the day and then at beach during evening when weather cools down a bit.

Recently read few reviews where it was mentioned that it’s very hot in May and remains so in the evenings also and even going to beach in evening is uncomfortable.

I’ll be going from north india where it be hot as well, so kindly request members to advise regarding the weather. I understand it will be hot but how’s the weather in evening? Is it comfortable on the beach? Should I go ahead or think about some other options. Thanks
Temperature will be more or less similar to Delhi, but more humid. You may catch some rains on some days, maybe. Looks beautiful in the rains, goa does.
Dusk-ish onwards beaches ought to be tolerable, I would think.
However, last summer trip I took to goa was 2 years back, so there may be some deviations.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 13:27   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Good afternoon everyone. We were planning a Goa vacation for a long time. Finally booked the flights and resort (Zuri White sands) from 25th to 28th of May. ...Thanks
Returned from Goa last week. It was really hot and humid. But I didnt find it coming in our way for enjoyment. I was staying right next to Zuri White Sands, and visited Zuri 2-3 times. As you know what you are getting into, your only surprise will be summer rains. Its pleasant during the evenings though. Avoid sun exposure between 11AM-4PM and you will do alright.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 13:54   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will be hot for sure in May, but you will be visiting when there might be early monsoon showers in Goa. Post 5PM temperature will be tolerable and a dip in the sea will make it easier. Avoid going out in the middle of the day.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 14:41   #770
Team-BHP Support

We recently stayed at Larisa Resort in Ashwem. Booking this one was easy. Selected Ashwem and 5 Star for filters on the MakeMyTrip app and Larisa had the highest positive ratings this side of 12K/night. The other option I momentarily considered was Foxoso Beach Resort but it had a relatively lower rating and an extremely mixed bag of reviews.

Positives
  • Really good location, very close to the sundowner and beach day places: Thalassa Beach Resort, Vaayu, Saz, etc
  • Spacious and clean rooms, (or should I call them cottages).
  • Late breakfast (11.30 am) which had all the essentials and a few extras.
  • Very laid back and quiet environment.
Negatives
  • Our cottage door needed extra effort closing and locking due to a bad wooden frame. Personally that's something I could overlook for an otherwise lovely experience.
Overall the cottage in a boutique resort feel was very different from the usual room in massive hotel experience. To add to an already great stay the front desk permitted us a late check-out we needed due to the ongoing cancellation of Go Air flights! Will surely be tempted to try out the Larisa Beach Resort at Morjim next time we're around.
manson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 20:14   #771
BHPian

Re: M'lore - Goa - Mumbai on NH66?

What are the budget stay options around 'Ashwem' for a couple traveling from M'lore to Mumbai, and break journey for a night. Prefer beachfront property for a night's stay.

Also, which would be another beachfront location to break travel between Goa > Mumbai on NH66? If the location is right around the midpoint of this journey, would be better.

Please suggest!
Old 2nd June 2023, 11:57   #772
Senior - BHPian

Re: M'lore - Goa - Mumbai on NH66?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Also, which would be another beachfront location to break travel between Goa > Mumbai on NH66? If the location is right around the midpoint of this journey, would be better. Please suggest!

Anjarle. Not exactly on NH66 because NH66 doesnt pass via coastline.

But Anjarle is a tiny village in the Dapoli Taluka of Ratnagiri district in the Maharashtra state of India and is one of the finest places in Konkan. It is a small port located near the mouth of Jog river. This Palm Beach is an ideal place to visit on a long weekend. There are other untouched beaches on the region and are equally beautiful. Anjarle is a nice little, green village having basic facilities. However, as there are very few resort or hotels at Anjarle, but one can find home stays for accommodation and food.

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2023 at 05:50. Reason: Fixed quote tag
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 23:26   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Good afternoon everyone. We were planning a Goa vacation for a long time. Finally booked the flights and resort (Zuri White sands) from 25th to 28th of May.
How was the stay at Zuri?
I was about to book there for a trip in august, but a little concerned after reading a few recent negative reviews in tripadvisor.
Old 9th June 2023, 11:25   #774
BHPian

Planning for Goa next week for about 5 days. We are not planning much of travelling around Goa but more of relaxing by the beach / within resort.
  • Budget is around 8 - 10k per day (we are family of three). Which resort near to beach is recommended? I was inclined towards Nanu or Beleza by the beach.
  • With onset of monsoon, will this be a problem next week?
Old 9th June 2023, 11:35   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I was inclined towards Nanu or Beleza by the beach.
  • With onset of monsoon, will this be a problem next week?
Both are right next to each other. Beleza seemed nicer.

If the full onset of the monsoon has occurred by next week, you may be stuck inside the resort all the time. Sea will be pretty rough as well, so swimming will be out. Personally, I find the beach depressing during the monsoon, the currents wash up a lot of plastic and waste on the shore and after a couple of days it gets boring. On the other hand, the rest of the place will be nice and green and some nice drives are possible around the area. Not sure how many places will be open. The restaurants in the resort will be open of course and perhaps some on the Colva main road. But nothing on the beach because of the monsoon.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 12:03   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
How was the stay at Zuri?
I was about to book there for a trip in august, but a little concerned after reading a few recent negative reviews in tripadvisor.
Hello, had a great vacation at Zuri. It’s a good resort, staff is very helpful and responsive, good food. The property is slightly old but otherwise it’s a great place. No negatives as such.
midazolam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 13:15   #777
BHPian

Back from a 5 days trip to Goa. We stayed at ibis styles, Calangute. The rates were on the higher side given it was off season. Services were top notch, just what I wanted since this was our first trip to Goa with our 1 year old boy. Proximity from the beach, restaurants on Calangute-Baga road was another reason to stay at ibis. Apart from the room size, which was typical ibis, there was nothing to complain.

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_5234.jpeg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-9feef764a0074486ab292e1b681450c0.jpeg

sinharishi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 18:08   #778
BHPian

We have booked a 4 night stay at Holiday Inn for Dussera holidays. We will have 2 young kids with us. Any recommendations for fun things to do with kids in and around South Goa. A 1hr drive each way is fine.
Old 8th September 2023, 08:59   #779
BHPian

Has anyone stayed at Planet Hollywood? Its about half the price as Holiday Inn and seems pretty similar. Any feedback on rooms and food would be much appreciated!
Old 6th October 2023, 18:57   #780
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Not sure if the correct thread but here I go.

Hello members!
Will be spending a week at Goa (13th - 20th Oct).

Looking for places that have Karaoke (preferable western/rock/metal types). Can prefer any time except 3PM - 11PM on weekdays (remote work). Would be nice if the have a large parking space too (because renting a Hilux). Would be even nicer if not too crowded as I may get to sing more

Got the 4x4 trails part covered, my only concern is not being able to do any karaoke during my stay

Any and all suggestions welcomed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks