Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 13:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
ranjitp1 and Asish---thanks for sharing info on this wonderful alternate road to Pune and Mumbai.
How much longer is it compared to the normal route to Pune? It may be worthwhile as I do remember the big nuisance of truck traffic till Pune
From the turn off at Indapur to Hadapsar is approximately 100kms.

Hadapsar to Katraj is approx 22kms.

From the Indapur turn off on NH-9 to NH-4 @ Kapurhol is approx 110kms.

From NH-4 Kapurhol to beginning of Pune-Mumbai Bypass is approx 22kms.

So in effect would be an extra of around 10-15kms,but that is compensated by a refreshing drive and no trucks.The only downside would be that there is a toll of INR 30 a few kms after Kapurhol towards Pune.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:38   #62
BHPian

Dear All,

I plan for Mumbai - Hyderabad next weekend. I plan to be on Expressway around 5:00 PM by when I can reach Hyderabad?

Additional details:
- Vehicle I would be driving is Palio 1.2
- Single Driver
- will be driving with couple of friends

Please Help with the directions and place to stay and eat.

Regards
NPR
Old 9th September 2009, 12:47   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by npraneethreddy View Post
Dear All,

I plan for Mumbai - Hyderabad next weekend. I plan to be on Expressway around 5:00 PM by when I can reach Hyderabad?

Additional details:
- Vehicle I would be driving is Palio 1.2
- Single Driver
- will be driving with couple of friends

Please Help with the directions and place to stay and eat.

Regards
NPR
If your driving alone, suggest you reach Solapur by 11pm and stay at Hotel Surya International and leave at 6am from Solapur and will reach Hyderabad by 11AM.

Let us know if you need any specific information?
Old 9th September 2009, 12:58   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If your driving alone, suggest you reach Solapur by 11pm and stay at Hotel Surya International and leave at 6am from Solapur and will reach Hyderabad by 11AM.

Let us know if you need any specific information?

This would be first time I plan to drive to Hyderabad.
Please suggest me with detailed directions

Regards,
NPR
Old 9th September 2009, 13:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
So in effect would be an extra of around 10-15kms,but that is compensated by a refreshing drive and no trucks.The only downside would be that there is a toll of INR 30 a few kms after Kapurhol towards Pune.
Despite the minimal increase in distance and the toll of 30 bucks, one gains tremendous advantage of time and lack of irritating, slow-moving trucks.
Thanks for clarifying---saw this just now.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:31   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This would be first time I plan to drive to Hyderabad.
Please suggest me with detailed directions

Regards,
NPR
Once you cross Mumbai-Pune expressway ask for the Hadapsar road which leads you towards Solapur. Thereon it is a fairly straight road till Solapur. Just before Solapur near Indapur you will encounter a lot of trucks that will substantially slow you down. Solapur to Hyderabad is a beautiful road.

Pune to Solapur is about 245kms, Solapur to Hyd is 300. Total distance for Mumbai-Hyd is app 700kms.

You could have done this in 12 hours if you plan to start early in the morning. But since your starting late, then its best to stay overnight at Solapur.

Where in Hyderabad is your final destination?
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:03   #67
BHPian

Hello,
Sorry to the delayed reply.. Actually was caught up with some work in office..

I know the road till Solapur, but so very much confident about the road from Solapur to Hyderabad. Please give details of the road from Solapur to hyderabd.
1) Road Condition
2) driving directions.
3) points not to be missed on solapur- Hyd road.

Quote:
Once you cross Mumbai-Pune expressway ask for the Hadapsar road which leads you towards Solapur. Thereon it is a fairly straight road till Solapur. Just before Solapur near Indapur you will encounter a lot of trucks that will substantially slow you down. Solapur to Hyderabad is a beautiful road.

Pune to Solapur is about 245kms, Solapur to Hyd is 300. Total distance for Mumbai-Hyd is app 700kms.

You could have done this in 12 hours if you plan to start early in the morning. But since your starting late, then its best to stay overnight at Solapur.

Old 22nd September 2009, 21:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Answers are in bold below:
Quote:
Hello,

I know the road till Solapur, but so very much confident about the road from Solapur to Hyderabad. Please give details of the road from Solapur to hyderabd.
1) Road Condition-- Reported to be good now, and stress free.
2) driving directions.--Keep going straight till you reach Hyd.
3) points not to be missed on solapur- Hyd road.--Nothing much, except the fort on the left side at Naldurg, and Vitthal Kamat hotel between Umerga and Homnabad.
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:52   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

1) Road Condition
2) driving directions.
3) points not to be missed on solapur- Hyd road.

NH 9 Pune-Solapur-Hyd is in good condition.Esp from Solapur to Hyd is in excellent condition.Would take you around 4.5-5hrs to cover 300kms from Solapur to Hyd depending on where you have to go in hyd.

Coming from Pune if you dont intend to enter Solapur,just continue on the highway and you would reach Hyd.

No notable points on the highway except for Naldurg fort which is 40kms from Solapur to your right

PS:If you dont want to enter Pune,then Pune EW-Dehu Road Bypass-Shindewadi Tunnel-NH4-Kapurhol-Left turn-Narayanpur-Saswad-Jejuri-Baramati-Indapur-Right turn-NH9-Solapur Bypass-Left Turn-NH-9-Naldurg-Umerga-Basava Kalyan-Homnabad-Zaheerabad-Sadashivpet-Sangareddy-Patancheru(Hyderabad).

The only decent eating place on this stretch is at the HP Pump on your left at Basavakalyan.It was a Vithal Kamat outlet,but it has been renamed to Hyderabad House now.
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops sorry Venu did not see your reply earlier.Btw the Vithal Kamat at the HP Station has closed down now at Basava Kalyan.It is now called Hyderabad House(no relation whatsoever to the original Hyd House).The only difference is that the rest rooms are in better shape now than what they were when it was Kamats
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:13   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Oops sorry Venu did not see your reply earlier.Btw the Vithal Kamat at the HP Station has closed down now at Basava Kalyan.It is now called Hyderabad House(no relation whatsoever to the original Hyd House).The only difference is that the rest rooms are in better shape now than what they were when it was Kamats
Good to hear that there is some eating joint in the same place. Last time when I travelled in june from hyd to shirdi it was closed. I intended to stop for breakfast at that place, as it was closed I asked the fuel station guys for next decent place, I guess they said Sai Paradise but some how I missed it and ended up having breakfast only after crossing solapur, almost 10kms before Mohol.

Last edited by IndianNomad : 23rd September 2009 at 15:17.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:30   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No notable points on the highway except for Naldurg fort which is 40kms from Solapur to your right
While coming from Solapur to Hyderabad. This fort comes on your left

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Good to hear that there is some eating joint in the same place. Last time when I travelled in june from hyd to shirdi it was closed. I intended to stop for breakfast at that place, as it was closed I asked the fuel station guys for next decent place, I guess they said Sai Paradise but some how I missed it and ended up having breakfast only after crossing solapur, almost 10kms before Mohol.
I agree this stretch does not have any good eating joints. That's why i always stop at Zaheerabad for light tiffin at a south indian hotel right opposite to the bus stand. After this stop no other stop either ways for anything except for nature call
Old 25th September 2009, 13:58   #73
BHPian

Hello All,
Thanks for sharing all the Information, With fingers crossed I am driving toady. Will Post my experience once I am Back

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad to Mumbai

I planning to go to Mumbai for Diwali.I have travelled once on this route about 5yrs back.My problem is how to cross Pune without getting into city traffic.Last time it took almost 2hrs to cross Pune.Any advice
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Please refer to this thread for info.I have copy/pasted my post on the other thread below.PM me in case you need more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...derabad-4.html

Did the Hyd-Mumbai drive on the 22nd,Aug.Did an early morning start.Departure from Defence Colony,Sec-Bad @ 0345.

Took the route via hitec city,madhapur onto Old Mumbai road and then to Miyapur and onto NH-9.Preferred this route as this is in a far better shape and could maintain speeds of 80-100 in the early morning.The usual route that we take is via kukatpally but the road conditions are bad and can never avg more than 60 so it takes a long time to reach Patancheru.

The exit out of Hyd has all been done up and is in excellent condition.4laning complete and its a toll road now.Reached Sangareddy in less than an hour's time.

Solapur Bypass @ 0830.NH-9 is in excellent shape now between Solapur & Hyderabad.The best condition its been in for the past 3-4 years now.The bad patchy stretch around Homnabad has been relaid now.Maintained speeds of 90-100kmph.

The Solapur cops have disappeared from the bypass.Not sure if its a TBHP discussion effectbut havent seen them for the past many instances.I had approached the BP turning with all my documents out for inspection,but surprisingly no police

After Solapur,lost time thanx to a truck overturn.Lost almost 2-3 hours at the jam.Traffic density also increased after Solapur.

Left Solapur bypass & outskirts at 0945.Did a brief 10mins stop to get the tyre pressure checked at a Kerala Tyres(been my regular stop for some years now)The kerala brotherhood-dom also helps as I always indulge in small talk with the tyre guy(Not sure what is it,but 90% of the highway tyre shops would be run by a "Tyre-wallah Anna" as they are fondly called(doesnt matter that Anna is not malayalam)).Surprisingly i find that the trye pressure was below the limits.Fill it up and proceed to refuel at the BP COCO Pump on the right.As per the tyre guy,its the only pump that sells unadulterated and correct measurement fuel in the vicinity.

On the fuel front,just some interesting input that I managed to gather,most or all of the fuel pumps in the city limits shortfill the customers by filling well below the prescribed limits.A one liter fuel is almost always only filled for 0.87-0.94 L,and as per the petrol pump owners thats their only means of survival(i dont buy that though,imagine the profits thats being made,but this was something that I gathered from a petrol pump owner friend!!).The only pumps who dont shortfill are the Shell Pumps apparently.Anywys I have been a Shell loyal from the time it opened in Hyderabad and it definitely does make a difference in perfomance(just a personal view)

Reached Indapur turn off @ 1215.This time round decided to take a new route as suggested by Ashish Pallod earlier in this thread.Left turn after Indapur bus stand and right turn towards Baramati via Junction.Reached Baramati at 1330.Lost almost 2-3hrs thanx to the jam.Met up with Ashish.We had decided to meet up at the entry to the town.A brief 10 mins hi /hello and Ashish guided us on the next course.It was the most interesting part of the trip.Scenic sights and impressive roads.A big huge thank you to Ashish for showing us this route,it was indeed a revelation

Left Baramati at 1430.From Baramati went off towards Jejuri(via Morgaon-we did see the huge Ganpati temple(Mayureshwar temple) which is a part of the Ashtvinayaks).Wide roads,no traffic,excellent condition.Covered almost close to 60kms in 45mins in a maruti 800At Jejuri we saw the imposing Khandoba temple at a distance with Jai Malhari inscribed on the walls.The temple is atop a hill(Jejurigad).Jejuri-Saswad is a patchy road thanx to the monsoons.Cannot go beyond 40-50kmph,until Saswad.From Saswad,take the first left towards Narayanpur.Dont let the 1st 200meters put you off as its through a narrow temple road.After that the road widens.We passed through the Saswad temple(not sure if it was the Sangameshwar temple,but whichever it was, it looked serene and beautiful and it was the confluence of two rivers).From Saswad to Narayanpur,roads are wide and good.We passed by the Datta temple at Narayanpur.From Narayanpur the ghat section begins and lasts for about 8kms till we reached the Balaji temple at Ketkawale in Kapurhole.Just for some background info,this Balaji temple is an exact replica of the Tirupati temple and this one has been built by the Venkys group(Venkateshwara Hatcheries).It is believed that there are around 5 hotlines also set up between this place and Tirupati so that none of the procedures and processes are different from the original.Its an exact replica of the main temple,took around 6 years to build and costed them around 5MUSD.

After this we entered NH-4 and took a right turn towards Pune.We saw a signboard which said 200kms to Mumbai.

Baramati-Jejuri=55kms: 45mins---->Excellent road
Jejuri-Saswad=18kms: 40mins---->Bad patchy road
Saswad-Narayanpur:9kms 15mins---->Good Road
Narayanpur-Kapurhole:8kms 15mins---->Ghat section,excellent road

Stopped at Joshi Wadevale for wadapaavs,kandha bhajjis & misal paavs.Piping Hot ones.Reached Joshi's at 1645.

Continued further on the 4L highway,took Shindewadi tunnel and entered the Katraj-Dehu Road bypass crossing the Katraj Ghat Viaduct.Luckily no traffic absolutely on the bypass.Stopped to refuel at Shell Pump opposite DY Patil Institute.Refuel & washroom stopClean washrooms.I would recommend the Expressway users to use the Shell pumps for refuel & washrooms as the ones on the EW are extremely dirty

Got onto the expressway at 1745 and reached Panvel by 1945,thereafter Mumbai peak hour traffic got to us(add to that,it being the eve of Ganpaty did not help either)Finally reached Borivli at 2130.

To sum it up:

HYD-SOLAPUR:Excellent conditions
Solapur-Indapur:Very good in patches,dense truck traffic
For people who have to bypass Pune town especially towards the IT Corridor at Hinjewadi etc & for Mumbai travellers,Baramati-Jejuri-Kapurhol option is a very good one.Scenic drive,cool temperatures & advantage of getting onto 4l highway early.

Total Distance from Secbad-IC Colony,Bvli:770KMS
Time taken:approx 16hrs (with cumulative 2hrs break) with an avg speed of 80-90kmph

UNQUOTE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks