Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 23:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

NH9 4laning

Finally some good news for all us harassed souls who travel Hyd-Pune-Hyd.Maytas has been awarded the contract for 4laning of the Indapur-Pune NH9 section.The news paper report suggests that it is Solapur-Pune,however the distance mentioned is 104kms which means it would be from Indapur to Solapur.Period says 20months.

The mess that is going to be present till the work gets over gives me shivers alreadyI guess Baramati route is going to get popular nowAshish be ready for a heavy inflow of TBhpians to Baramati

Times of India Publications
Old 7th November 2009, 12:31   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Finally some good news for all us harassed souls who travel Hyd-Pune-Hyd.Maytas has been awarded the contract for 4laning of the Indapur-Pune NH9 section.The news paper report suggests that it is Solapur-Pune,however the distance mentioned is 104kms which means it would be from Indapur to Solapur.Period says 20months.

The mess that is going to be present till the work gets over gives me shivers alreadyI guess Baramati route is going to get popular nowAshish be ready for a heavy inflow of TBhpians to Baramati

Times of India Publications
If I'm not mistaken, the first 40 kms from Pune towards Indapur is already 4-laned, right?
Anyways, thank God they are gonna widen that road. I wonder when they will complete the Hyd- Vijaywada stretch of NH 9
Old 7th November 2009, 12:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

Good news that it has been awarded to Mytas but am doubtful whether these people are still executing projects.I think it might take atleast 3 yrs to complete.Vnabhi you are right the first 40 kms from Pune towards Indapur is already 4-laned.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:54   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the first 40 kms from Pune towards Indapur is already 4-laned, right?
After you cross the hadapsar flyover, the first 7 to 8 kms is a bad 2 lane road with heavy traffic. Then we reach an IRB toll plaza, the 40 km stretch of 4-lane stretch starts from that point. Wonder why they have left the initial stretch of those 7 - 8 kms as 2 lane?

Quote:
Anyways, thank God they are gonna widen that road. I wonder when they will complete the Hyd- Vijaywada stretch of NH 9
As most of you are aware, Hyderabad - Vijayawada road 4/6 laning has been awarded to GMR - Punj Lloyd consortium this May. They are expected to achieve financial closure for the project by January 2010. From then, 30 months for construction. But going by the past record of GMR's highway construction (all projects completed well ahead of schedule), I would vouch for a shiny new 4-lane highway with world class standards by February 2012.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:15   #95
Senior - BHPian

Work is starting on the road between Pune and Solapur, so expect it to become worse before (hopefully) becoming better.

Ashishpallod has posted alternate routes : NH9 between Pune and Solapur.

Cheers,
Old 9th January 2010, 14:10   #96
BHPian

Mumbai-Pune via the Expressway, continue along the Pune Bangalore Highway till Shirwal and then turn left towards Akluj onto SH 70.

After Akluj, take the Tembhurni-Akluj Road to Tembhurni and then NH 9 to Solapur-Naldurg-Umarga and onwards to Hyderabad.

This avoids all the cross-Pune traffic, routing and crap.

Its marginally longer (about 25-40Kms) but unless you are going to fly supersonic thru Pune at 0400Hrs, its better to take this route.

Ideal drive timing would be to leave Mumbai at 0500, and cross the IT corridors of Pune at Wakad till Warje (by 0730H), and if you take the Solapur road, in addition the NIBM etc and Magarpatta traffic south of Pune (by 0800).

Departures from Mumbai would be taken into account to not cross Pune city anywhere between 0830 to 1100Hrs...

Drive safe, and wear your seat-belts.

KD
Old 9th February 2010, 15:38   #97
Senior - BHPian

hyderabad Mumbai

I am planning to travel to Mumbai from hyderabad on the 14th of Feb. I plan to leave Hyd by about 12 noon and take a break at Sholapur and then continue from Sholapur to Mumbai the next morning. I plan to take this break since i will be travelling solo and dont want to unnecessarily take risks of straining myself.

any updates on the latest road conditions on this route and abything I need to look out for/places to stay/expected travel time etc?

thanks

Himanshu
Old 9th February 2010, 15:48   #98
Team-BHP Support

@Himanshu: I just did the Hyderabad Mumbai trip for Rider Mania.

The road is in decent shape.

Hyderabad to Solapur is a breeze. (300 kms)

Solapur to Pune is bad. (250 kms): Lots of traffic and bad road.

Pune to Mumbai: Expressway. I did the old Mumbai road because bikes are not allowed on it. The Chiki at Lonavala is a nice way to compensate for not travelling on the Expressway I guess.

I did Hyderabad - Pune last year end by car.
My car took, 4 hours for the first 300 kms.
The remaining 250 took me 5 hours.

Have a safe trip.
Old 9th February 2010, 15:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

thanks Imran, I guess NH9 all the way should be the way to go and there is no need for the diversions as suggested about a year back by Ashish Pallod when the sholapur Pune stretch was pretty bad.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:00   #100
Team-BHP Support

Yes its a fairly simple straightforward road all the way from Hyderabad to Mumbai.
But I still managed to get a bit lost on my return trip

The restaurant mentioned in this thread. Hyderabad Home was shut during my trip.
Don't know when it will open.

Your best bet for food is to enter Solapur or continue on. Some 50-100 kms away I found a couple of seemingly nice and decent restaurants. The AC hall types.

But there are two places, I ate from.
On my onward journey.
After crossing Solapur, there is a bridge. After that bridge on the left hand side itself I found a small restaurant.
It was brown in colour. I don't remember the name. But the aloo parathas and daal were really very good.

On my return trip, I stopped at a hotel called Fanoosh or something.
There is a sharp left turn one takes after crossing Solapur. This restaurant is on the Right hand side and had a sign board outside with the pic of a Muslim looking man and the name Fanoosh or something on it. The mutton pepper was nice. The roti's were ok.

EDIT: oops just remembered you are Veg.

Last edited by bblost : 9th February 2010 at 16:01.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I guess NH9 all the way should be the way to go and there is no need for the diversions as suggested about a year back by Ashish Pallod when the sholapur Pune stretch was pretty bad.
NH9 particularly between Indapur and Pune is patched and undergoing 4 laning. Expect diversions here and there. There is lot of traffic between this stretch. All trucks and cane carrying tractors and carts will be problematic.
It will be safe if you drive this stretch during day time.

Drive slow and safe.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:39   #102
BHPian

Another major advantage with Ashish's route was the ability to bypass Pune traffic. Expect some holdups in Pune when you cross over from NH9 to NH4.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:25   #103
Senior - BHPian

I drove till pune on 23rd January. I left Begumpet 4.00 halted in Solapur for 1hr 45 min to eat. I reached Pune Koreagaon park at 02.30. Total time = 9.30 hrs and driving time of 8 hrs. My average speed was about 60 (I was driving slow today on purpose).

Road in AP is good but there is a lot of local traffic, autos, mobikes (not Mobike008) etc.

Road is KA is patchy with surface being rutted in places.

In MH, the road upto Solapur is excellent and there is not too much traffic. Traffic picks up after Solapur and the surface deteriorates gradually. No major bumps or pot holes, they have been patched up and several bits have been resurfaced. Work is underway on 4 laning so there is no shoulder and traffic is heavy. Reminds one that this is the NH9, the same one as between Hyderabad & Vijayawada!

The road between Indapur and Pune seems to have been just done up. Traffic on this stretch is heavy at all times but after 10.00 in the night you have oncoming Volvos.

Since the total travel time to Pune is only 10 hours, you will reach by 9.00 or 10.00 p.m. I suggest that you break journey in Pune and then drive on to Mumbai the next day. Solapur will come too early in the afternoon/evening and the next day's drive will take you too long as crossing Pune mid-day will take about 2 hrs. If you leave Pune early in the morning, you will be out of Pune within 30 minutes.

See my post in the thread: NH9 between Pune and Solapur.

There is a place called Hotel BK Garden on your left after you cross Solapur. It is about 6 km after the circle where the bypass rejoins the Solapur Pune Rd. (After all the vehicle showrooms, workshops etc.). It was recommended to me by Rajesh Rawal and the food is decent, service excellent, I stopped there both while coming and going.

Cheers,
Old 15th April 2010, 15:30   #104
Senior - BHPian

Avoid driving Solapur-Pune for a while now:(

Hyd-Pune-Mumbai Route Update:

Hyd-Solapur:Good in patches.Even the 4 lane from Hyd exit to SangaReddy has begun to come off(just goes on to prove that GMR are just about the only guys who deliver what they promise-Hyd-Blore/Hyd apt etc)

300kms took 4 hours

Solapur-Pune:Terrible,especially with the 4 laning and road widening,the existing roads have also become a mess and humongous truck traffic on this stretch,couldnt go above 50-60kph till Loni.

245kms(Solapur to Hadapsar) took 5 hours.

Hadapsar to MPEW took 1hr 15mins

Dehu Road to Panvel took 1hour(90kms) on the MPEW.

Panvel to Borivli via Chembur:1hr 30mins

Total Drive time: 13hrs
Total Distance(Secunderabad to Borivli w): 770kms
Car: M800

My opiniono not drive HYD-Pune or Pune-HYD till the 4 laning is complete.Take the train or flight as its not worth the stress driving on the Pune-Solapur stretch,or else do this stretch once the Baramati route improves,till such time NH9 is a big NO.
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:10   #105
BHPian

Hyd to Solapur Road condition

Folks planning a drive to solapur tomorrow , any pointers on the current road condition . is it single lane or divided carriage way like hyd-b'lore . This will be my 4th attempt on highways .

Plan is to leave hyd after 12pm post lunch and reach solapur before 6-7 pm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks